iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Mar 2, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #3,046 of 6,795
Scrappy when you power up are you holding the power button in for a couple seconds? Don't have one right now but I remember it needing the button held in.

I have tried multiple times holding the button in.  I even tried to several times to hold it in for 10 seconds to do a hard reset...nothing.  Tried again after charging overnight.  Still nothing.  I'm going to buy another one and see what happens.  Not really sure what I can do from here aside from returning it.

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #3,049 of 6,795

No need to be scared. :^) I have been using the DX80 since it came out and it has taken a ton of abuse and through getting other daps, still is right up there at the top in sound even comparing to daps like the ZX2, that cost me 1200 dollars. I love the sound of the ZX2 but in certain areas, like fullness of sound, the DX80 is actually a little better. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #3,050 of 6,795

No need to be scared. :^) I have been using the DX80 since it came out and it has taken a ton of abuse and through getting other daps, still is right up there at the top in sound even comparing to daps like the ZX2, that cost me 1200 dollars. I love the sound of the ZX2 but in certain areas, like fullness of sound, the DX80 is actually a little better. 

sound is subjective

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #3,051 of 6,795
  Just got my new ibasso dx80 and.....dead out of the box.  Tried powering on after plugging in the charger for an hour and still nothing.  Anyone ever come across this issue?  I am returning this unit for a new one, but it doesn't make me too confident in the product if this is my first experience.

There have been a few previous DOAs

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #3,052 of 6,795
  Just got my new ibasso dx80 and.....dead out of the box.  Tried powering on after plugging in the charger for an hour and still nothing.  Anyone ever come across this issue?  I am returning this unit for a new one, but it doesn't make me too confident in the product if this is my first experience.

Did you try the Batch Tool on the first page? If the CPU or screen are bad then of course it won't work but if some other problem with the software, the BT would clear it up as it wipes the internal memory and does a clean install of the FW you load. I don't recall reading of another DOA but like anything, but I would assume it has happened. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #3,054 of 6,795
  Chance of a doa or early failure in the consumer electronics sphere is around 10% generally , with more complex items like laptops closer to 20%

Even at 10%, are you sure? I have never read anything like this. That would be 10 our of 100, which is pretty high. For myself, over the years, and having many electronic things, I have never experienced that high a rate. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #3,055 of 6,795

Even at 10%, are you sure? I have never read anything like this. That would be 10 our of 100, which is pretty high. For myself, over the years, and having many electronic things, I have never experienced that high a rate. 

Statistic came from a large US department chain a couple of years back also listed fridges washing machines etc
My own experience is actually quite close to 10% if I count failure within the first 3 months
Fortunately my DX80 is in the 90%

Mar 2, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #3,056 of 6,795
  I have tried multiple times holding the button in.  I even tried to several times to hold it in for 10 seconds to do a hard reset...nothing.  Tried again after charging overnight.  Still nothing.  I'm going to buy another one and see what happens.  Not really sure what I can do from here aside from returning it.

Please try the batch tool as mentioned above. The instructions for how to use it are in the download. Out of 1000's of DX80's we have had 2 that were DOA so it is a very rare occurrence

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 3, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #3,057 of 6,795
Great news! Dx80 will be delivered today instead of March 8th, good job Amazon and Italian official reseller!can't wait!if I'm lucky I'll have it for lunch, let's start dloading firmwares.
What dou you suggest?1.3.3? Official vs Lurker0? Some say 1.1.4, but I always used Lurker0 fws for dx90 and they always sounded great !

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #3,058 of 6,795
Great news! Dx80 will be delivered today instead of March 8th, good job Amazon and Italian official reseller!can't wait!if I'm lucky I'll have it for lunch, let's start dloading firmwares.
What dou you suggest?1.3.3? Official vs Lurker0? Some say 1.1.4, but I always used Lurker0 fws for dx90 and they always sounded great !

There is no real difference in sound quality between firmwares so use the last one from Lurker, that is the most stable and has corrected fonts. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back