iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Mar 1, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3,032 of 6,795
Just got my new ibasso dx80 and.....dead out of the box.  Tried powering on after plugging in the charger for an hour and still nothing.  Anyone ever come across this issue?  I am returning this unit for a new one, but it doesn't make me too confident in the product if this is my first experience.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #3,034 of 6,795
  Just got my new ibasso dx80 and.....dead out of the box.  Tried powering on after plugging in the charger for an hour and still nothing.  Anyone ever come across this issue?  I am returning this unit for a new one, but it doesn't make me too confident in the product if this is my first experience.

I own the DX80 and I've been following this thread for quite some time and never saw anyone receive one DOA. I'm certainly not implying that you didn't but this (from I've read) is certainly an anomaly. I hope you enjoy the replacement.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #3,035 of 6,795
Mar 1, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #3,038 of 6,795

Not sure if anyone is facing this problem. I get really nervous everytime I plug in the micro USB cable provided by ibasso to the dx80 itself.. It doesn't sit on well and I always have this notion that the microusb is going to break...

I have the exact same feeling. The USB cable doesn't seem to fit well. On my model, it goes in part way, then I feel a lot of resistance. I have to increase the pushing force to get the plug to fully seat. This happens with multiple micro USB cables.

While we're talking about the USB interface - I have my DX80 set to be a card reader (ver 1.3.3). This works fine when connected to the computer. However, when I disconnect the USB cable the DX80 doesn't re-mount the SD card. I am unable to browse files on the card. I have to reboot it. Not a big deal, but I was wondering if this is normal, and if iBasso is working on a way to have the unit re-mount the card after disconnecting.

I've emailed ibasso and they advised me to change the microusb cable, seems to be working for me. You must always rescan after transferring new files into the sd card.

From the image your USB appears to be normal. The case is designed to take the stress of the USB. We have done many crash tests here with the USB cable inserted and it holds up very well. We have our DX80 falling on the floor with the USB inserted. The USB cable jerking out when falling off of a table and hitting the floor and many other scenarios. This was before the tests and due to busy people not always paying attention.
smile.gif

If a problem should occur our sellers are instructed on how to handle customer requirements and there is always the option of sending a unit directly back to our factory where we will not abuse your DX80 as we do the ones here.

Alright thanks :)

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #3,042 of 6,795
I just got a chance to audition this yesterday and I was pretty impressed.  The player sounds a lot livelier than my DX90 (I was A/B'ing them on the same songs).  This seems to jive better with my SE846 giving better treble and detail (the DX90 tends to sound lean in that regard) while still providing that great warm bass I liked from the DX90.

It's an upgrade for sure, but I am not that much of a fan of its looks.  I may be in the minority, but I like the shorter form of the DX90. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #3,044 of 6,795
  I just got a chance to audition this yesterday and I was pretty impressed.  The player sounds a lot livelier than my DX90 (I was A/B'ing them on the same songs).  This seems to jive better with my SE846 giving better treble and detail (the DX90 tends to sound lean in that regard) while still providing that great warm bass I liked from the DX90.

It's an upgrade for sure, but I am not that much of a fan of its looks.  I may be in the minority, but I like the shorter form of the DX90. 

dx90 is more clinical than dx80 imo but dx80 is more engaging. Its hard to get the best of both worlds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back