iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 2, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #1,666 of 6,795
For the bandwidth USB is required for the output of a DSD signal. Using DoP doesn't degrade the signal and is a work around to carry the dsd signal on PCM. We are working on more options for the signals on DX80. The DX80 does output up to 24/196 on the SPDIF. At this time I know of no DAP that outputs a signal on USB but that doesn't mean there isn't a DAP that does this.

For those with continuing problems with their FW here is a link. There are instructions on using this batch tool in a folder. It wipes the DX80 and then will load a FW with no artifacts left on the internal memory of the DX80. It can also be used for the DX90.    http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar

Would this help the popping and clicking and noise when I feed external dac using dx80?

Overall, doing that (link) what will it actually do, and how will it help the users? I can't wait to try it

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #1,667 of 6,795
Would this help the popping and clicking and noise when I feed external dac using dx80?

Overall, doing that (link) what will it actually do, and how will it help the users? I can't wait to try it

The link is for loading FW and wiping the internal memory of the DX with a Windows based computer. If FWs are loading correctly there is no need to use the batch tool. The interaction of the DX80 and the Mojo are something we are currently working on. The DX80 does not do this with any other dacs we have tried including the Chord Hugo. Why it does this with the Mojo we are investigating.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 2, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #1,668 of 6,795
Was there always a scrollbar in the "All Music" section on the 1.1.4 Firmware? Because i could swear this was new to the 1.2 Firmware. Then why is it still left on my 1.1.4 Firmware when i downgraded?

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,669 of 6,795
So this link is not a new Firmware to resolve the DSD issues I am having (DSD 64 ad 128 play at too fast a tempo)? It's just a batch tool for Windows right? Anyway I can't open it with my Mac and it doesn't appear to be new Firmware yet.

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,670 of 6,795
The link is for loading FW and wiping the internal memory of the DX with a Windows based computer. If FWs are loading correctly there is no need to use the batch tool. The interaction of the DX80 and the Mojo are something we are currently working on. The DX80 does not do this with any other dacs we have tried including the Chord Hugo. Why it does this with the Mojo we are investigating.

When are are we getting the much needed new firmware?

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #1,671 of 6,795
  So this link is not a new Firmware to resolve the DSD issues I am having (DSD 64 ad 128 play at too fast a tempo)? It's just a batch tool for Windows right? Anyway I can't open it with my Mac and it doesn't appear to be new Firmware yet.

I have used the BT and it is just for FW. I have DSD 64 and 128, around 90 albums and they all play at normal speed on the DX80 and are from various sources. 

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #1,672 of 6,795
Well my DSDs from various sources do not play properly at all. I am hoping a FW update will fix this, but I will return the DX80 if that is not in the cards, I specifically bought it to play ALL my different high rez files.

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #1,676 of 6,795
Sound quality wise is DX80 similar/better to the DX90?

I find the sound better in all areas. Better layering and more out of the head sound with the DX 80.

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,678 of 6,795
A variation of this was asked by Photoman back in early Nov but never really answered: 

While listening,  can we add albums or songs to those already being played?   (Apple allows this with their "Up Next" feature.)

Or next best option, while listening, can we ( somewhat quickly) create a different playlist with albums and/or songs.

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #1,680 of 6,795
A variation of this was asked by Photoman back in early Nov but never really answered: 

While listening,  can we add albums or songs to those already being played?   (Apple allows this with their "Up Next" feature.)

Or next best option, while listening, can we ( somewhat quickly) create a different playlist with albums and/or songs.

The process of making playlists within the player is rather clunky and slow but it can be done. If you want to do anything more than qeue up whole albums, for example; creating a compilation of songs songs from multiple artists or make changes after adding to the playlist it would be an excercise in futility.

You can add genres, artists, albums and songs, they are added to the end of the playlist and you cannot move them. You can also delete songs from a playlist (no multi select so it'll take you 2-3 seconds per song).

This can be performed on all playlists including the currently playing one without interrupting play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back