iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 3, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #1,681 of 6,795
The process of making playlists within the player is rather clunky and slow but it can be done. If you want to do anything more than qeue up whole albums, for example; creating a compilation of songs songs from multiple artists or make changes after adding to the playlist it would be an excercise in futility.

You can add genres, artists, albums and songs, they are added to the end of the playlist and you cannot move them. You can also delete songs from a playlist (no multi select so it'll take you 2-3 seconds per song).

This can be performed on all playlists including the currently playing one without interrupting play.

Well thats a good news bad news situation - I am aching for a player that I can just browse and add to my playing list without much fanfare.
So it sounds like I can do it - finesse excluded.  Thanks JacobJones

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #1,682 of 6,795
hi i would like to ask if it's confirmed the dx80 works as dac/amp for the iPhone 6/6s on ios 9.2 using the usb camera connection kit? its quite a huge feature for me to be able to use it on my iphone as i not only get a great dap in the dx80 but also have a dac/amp for my iphone. Thanks in advance to anyone who can confirm :)

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #1,683 of 6,795
hi i would like to ask if it's confirmed the dx80 works as dac/amp for the iPhone 6/6s on ios 9.2 using the usb camera connection kit? its quite a huge feature for me to be able to use it on my iphone as i not only get a great dap in the dx80 but also have a dac/amp for my iphone. Thanks in advance to anyone who can confirm :)

For me it is not working on 9.2 iOS. USB Device drawing too much power is the Problem.

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,684 of 6,795
For me it is not working on 9.2 iOS. USB Device drawing too much power is the Problem.

Have you tried to increase the volume on the iPhone? We have all the iPhones here and it is working so I wonder what the problem is. It does show too much power draw but still works.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 3, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #1,687 of 6,795
The process of making playlists within the player is rather clunky and slow but it can be done. If you want to do anything more than qeue up whole albums, for example; creating a compilation of songs songs from multiple artists or make changes after adding to the playlist it would be an excercise in futility.

You can add genres, artists, albums and songs, they are added to the end of the playlist and you cannot move them. You can also delete songs from a playlist (no multi select so it'll take you 2-3 seconds per song).

This can be performed on all playlists including the currently playing one without interrupting play.

Well thats a good news bad news situation - I am aching for a player that I can just browse and add to my playing list without much fanfare.
So it sounds like I can do it - finesse excluded.  Thanks JacobJones

JakobJone's post sounds pretty much what my DX50 does as well. At this point the DX80 will jump up my wish list only after a RockBox is available for it. RB on the DX50 and DX90 is outstanding and does all those things you (PapaThrust) asks for.

iBasso - Paul --> maybe your team should have a look at how RB pulled that off. Hint hint.... :)

Cheers.

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #1,689 of 6,795
I just picked up a DX80 from Prostudio sound it was loaded with firmware 1.4 so I didn't have to do anything with the firmware.   I charged the DX80 and then put an fully loaded 128gb sandisc card in slot 2 and scanned the library which took a good t of time but it went all the way through.   I did some playing around and listened for about an hour and then noticed that 2 of my albums were showing up differently that expected.   As a habit when I rip a disc I put the track number as the 1st 2 characters of the song name (its an old habit from using creative players a long time ago.)
As an example the 1st few tracks of an album would be

01 Name of Song 1 
02 Name of Song 2
03 Name of Song 3

And so on.   
That is the file name and also the tag of the song

I also tag each track in the proper order using the track number field.   All of that insures that an album plays in proper order from start to finish.

So what I noticed was that 2 albums had the tag and track number out of sequence.   As an example 03 Name of Song 3 was showing up 1st.   I checked the tags on the computer and retagged just in case.   I then removed those albums from the DX80, recopied them to he device, rescanned the library and the problem wasn't fixed they were still out of order.  

I then tried deleting the albums again, rescanned the library just to double check that the albums were gone and they were, I recopied the albums back to the DX80 and rescanned the library and they showed back up like they were before.

A third time I deleted the albums form the DX80 and recopied them to the device, this time I deleted the database file on the sd card hoping that would fix the problem but again the songs are not showing in proper sequence.

Any idea on how I can fix this.   I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks
Mike

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #1,690 of 6,795
JakobJone's post sounds pretty much what my DX50 does as well. At this point the DX80 will jump up my wish list only after a RockBox is available for it. RB on the DX50 and DX90 is outstanding and does all those things you (PapaThrust) asks for.

iBasso - Paul --> maybe your team should have a look at how RB pulled that off. Hint hint.... :)

Cheers.

Same here. I will buy dx80 straight away if rockbox will be available.

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #1,694 of 6,795
Well Hopefully someone will code it? But we need these dx80 probably fixed first right?

As long as if true hardware is not involved the answer is no. I am running my DX80 with an FW switcher. During device boot (Lock Switch On), I have the choice to run Mango (The original 1.9.3 iBasso FW) or RockBox.

The RockBox options are too long to just list them.

My highlights are:

ReplayGain,
Proper Playlists (never missed a beat - unlike in Mango where the DX50 has a big issue with the single tick)
Gapless that really works
Hundreds of themes - almost all Cowon D2 themes work
2 different EQ
Treble and Bass adjustments

the list goes on and on.....

It does not support some high res file type though, which I don't care for. My older ears cannot hear the difference between 16/44kHz and 24/192kHz anyway....

Google RockBox and read a little bit - you might just like it

Cheers.

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #1,695 of 6,795
Does anyone know if the DX80 has a functional real time clock (unlike the DX50 and DX90)? If it does I may purchase one and pursue getting Rockbox setup for it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back