iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 25, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,442 of 6,795
so i assume Slot 2 is if furthest AWAY from the screen / front side??
For todays update 25th - it only worked from slot 1 o_0  
slot 2 failed to find image !!  :D

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #1,443 of 6,795
v1.2.0 is out.

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Fix the line output bug when the DX80 is used as a USB-DAC.
2. Enable sorting function on Now Playing.
3. Change from file name to title name on All Music view.
4. A more accurate battery indicator on low battery.
5. Improved M3U playlist import function, allows an apostrophe on file name.
6. Improved WAV ID3 support.
7. Allow custom wallpaper be read from either SD card slot.
8. Allow the player to display Hebrew.
9. Scroll bar added to all of My Music views.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #1,446 of 6,795
I've just updated the fw to 1.2.  No problems updating.  I removed both micro sd cards and put a 4gb fat32 micro sd card I'll use for fw updates in slot 2.  The device updated and rebooted quickly.  I then did a factory reset, and replaced my two micro sd cards loaded with music and am rescanning.  My scanning took about 20 minutes for me (170gb of music)...All of my music scanned properly, and music played as before.  No problems.

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #1,447 of 6,795
Just updated on a 16GB fat32 card (slot 2). All went well, did a factory reset, turned gapless back on and set gain. Then I reinserted my 2 128Gb Samsung Evo cards selected scan both cards but only one scanned I had to go back and scan SD2. Once done I'm back in action. Sitting here listening to Calexico "Feast of Wire" album and it sounds terrific.

Dec 25, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,448 of 6,795
Update to FW 1.2 went flawlessly. Still hoping for the addition of a crossfeed option somewhere down the road.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,450 of 6,795
Well 1..2.0 is buggy.  I was listening through the line-out in my car and it kept on reseting.  Also the album art was very slow showing up when changing tracks.  I don't have the patients to wait for another firmware.  This is crazy.   By the way I did do a factory reset after I updated.   P.S.  The album art in large album view is pixelated 

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,451 of 6,795
  Well 1..2.0 is buggy.  I was listening through the line-out in my car and it kept on reseting.  Also the album art was very slow showing up when changing tracks.  I don't have the patients to wait for another firmware.  This is crazy.   By the way I did do a factory reset after I updated.   P.S.  The album art in large album view is pixelated 

I updated to FW 1.2 and the Album art is the same for me as previous. It isn't pixelated and I have been using the DX80 as a line out into the LC amp with no resetting. Album art also seems to show up the same, the same speed when I change albums etc, very fast. I wonder why yours is doing this? 

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,452 of 6,795
I updated to FW 1.2 and the Album art is the same for me as previous. It isn't pixelated and I have been using the DX80 as a line out into the LC amp with no resetting. Album art also seems to show up the same, the same speed when I change albums etc, very fast. I wonder why yours is doing this? 
don't know. I'll try reseting again

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #1,453 of 6,795

don't know. I'll try reseting again

This happens to me if the album art file [jpeg)  is in the folder AND it is too large Ie: above 500kb - it takes a few moments for the machine to process it
Check the size of any album art - to resize I just select preview and then use the snipping tool to select the area and resave it :)
hope this soles it for ya
MX

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #1,454 of 6,795
This happens to me if the album art file [jpeg)  is in the folder AND it is too large Ie: above 500kb - it takes a few moments for the machine to process it
Check the size of any album art - to resize I just select preview and then use the snipping tool to select the area and resave it :)
hope this soles it for ya
MX
but this was a big delay. 3 secs maybe. Never had that trouble in 1.4

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #1,455 of 6,795
Oh, sorry to hear that Photoman - seems there is still a bit of work for the software team!
Good luck sir :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back