iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #1,352 of 6,795
Recently received a DX80, It's a gift for my wife and I'm setting it up for her. First thing I did was install firmware 1.4. Then I copied music to a 128 gb micro Sd card, scanned the card after insertion and browsed the library. I noticed that only part of the library appears. When I search by artist, many are missing. I can find the missing artists if I look in the directory.

I then reinstalled the firmware, wiped the Sd card, reformatted as exfat, copied the music to it again (multi hour process). Rescanned the card and the same thing happens. Only worse this time. Maybe 10% of the artists show up.

There are in the neighborhood of 5000 tracks on the sd card, mp3's and FLAC files. Some of each show up in the library. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Have you try to format your micro to format fat32?
I pick up my dx80 from local store, and its already installed latest fw (1.1.4).
So far i have no issues regarding search issue.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,353 of 6,795
New frustrated owner here...

Copied the new firmware onto my micro but keep getting this. What do I do?

Are you using slot number 2? And putting just the IMG on the card and not in a folder? And the SD card has to be formatted fat.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,355 of 6,795
Are you using slot number 2? And putting just the IMG on the card and not in a folder? And the SD card has to be formatted fat.

Yes abd yes. I awesome it's formatted correctly as it sees music files on it. It sees the card to ask me if I want to perfume the update and when I click yes that's what I get

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #1,356 of 6,795
Recently received a DX80, It's a gift for my wife and I'm setting it up for her. First thing I did was install firmware 1.4. Then I copied music to a 128 gb micro Sd card, scanned the card after insertion and browsed the library. I noticed that only part of the library appears. When I search by artist, many are missing. I can find the missing artists if I look in the directory.

I then reinstalled the firmware, wiped the Sd card, reformatted as exfat, copied the music to it again (multi hour process). Rescanned the card and the same thing happens. Only worse this time. Maybe 10% of the artists show up.

There are in the neighborhood of 5000 tracks on the sd card, mp3's and FLAC files. Some of each show up in the library. Any ideas on what's wrong?

I'm Allredy having buyers remorse after Reading this, how come this ibasso company releases unfinished products?

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #1,358 of 6,795
I'm Allredy having buyers remorse after Reading this, how come this ibasso company releases unfinished products?

I am still considering the DX80 but it is looking like a big risk , don't like my chances of getting a trouble free device
I wonder if Ibasso realise how many sales of their yet to be released flagship they are losing
I don't think large companies like Sony etc would consider releasing a product like this
Trying to work out what is going on when a new device fails is very frustrating , is it the source material , the card , a cable or the software
When a device behaves like this for me that brand becomes a no go zone permanently
Rant over

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,359 of 6,795
I'm a bit confused. I got my dx80 last week......put in my sd card from my dx90 and it works flawlessly. I also tried another card from my LG4 and it worked equally as well.

I' surprised people are finding issues, is it the formatting / quality of the sd cards perhaps?

I'd just be careful about making negative statements about the Ibasso dx80 at such an early stage, when you have not identified the issue. 

My experience had been extremely good and I'm sure many others are in the same camp.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #1,360 of 6,795
   I am still considering the DX80 but it is looking like a big risk , don't like my chances of getting a trouble free device
I wonder if Ibasso realise how many sales of their yet to be released flagship they are losing
I don't think large companies like Sony etc would consider releasing a product like this
Trying to work out what is going on when a new device fails is very frustrating , is it the source material , the card , a cable or the software
When a device behaves like this for me that brand becomes a no go zone permanently
Rant over

Onkyo DP-X1 has teething problems too with the firmware so I think it's not exclusive to small companies heh.

I think we'd have to buy from a reputable distributor/reseller to get any peace of mind. I'm not gonna get this from ebay or buy used, for example.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #1,361 of 6,795
Yes abd yes. I awesome it's formatted correctly as it sees music files on it. It sees the card to ask me if I want to perfume the update and when I click yes that's what I get

Must be Fat32 for the firmware updates (until after 1.1.4 is installed). I'm not sure what formatting software people around here like but I used the Hewlett Packard formatting tool to do it with my 128gb card http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6582-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.html

Slot 2 is the one furthest from the screen.

The new firmware might fix your album art problem. If it doesn't make sure the images are JPG or JPEG

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #1,362 of 6,795

Rant over

C'mon people ---- get real.

Sony would not release an unfinished product?
REALLY?
Let's see, how many 100,000 laptops did they have to recall due to batteries going up in flames?

Have you paid attention to the automobile industry lately?

Every company releases their product according to some marketing strategy and not when it is 100% finished, because that just does not happen. Nothing would ever get released.....

Manufacturers always running a risk with a new product, if the flaws are too bad people vote with their wallet and ultimately they will buy something else.

That's just the way it is.

Cheers

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #1,363 of 6,795
Must be Fat32 for the firmware updates (until after 1.1.4 is installed). I'm not sure what formatting software people around here like but I used the Hewlett Packard formatting tool to do it with my 128gb card http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6582-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool.html

Slot 2 is the one furthest from the screen.

The new firmware might fix your album art problem. If it doesn't make sure the images are JPG or JPEG

Thanks. I'm on a Mac using a new SanDisk 200 gig micro card

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #1,365 of 6,795
I'm a bit confused. I got my dx80 last week......put in my sd card from my dx90 and it works flawlessly. I also tried another card from my LG4 and it worked equally as well.

I' surprised people are finding issues, is it the formatting / quality of the sd cards perhaps?

I'd just be careful about making negative statements about the Ibasso dx80 at such an early stage, when you have not identified the issue. 

My experience had been extremely good and I'm sure many others are in the same camp.

I totally disagree. I am pretty tech savvy and pretty stumped by this experience. I currently could not recommend this to a friend as they would be beyond lost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back