iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #1,291 of 6,795
Howdy,

Got my hands on a new DX80 a week and change ago.

Just curious about a couple of things.  Firstly, has anyone encountered a large hiss issue?  On a couple power ons when I then connected to a device (car stereo via trs or a portable speaker via trs) I got a huge hiss.  Not even hiss, but more like a mangled r2d2 hiss/noise.  Kinda like it was playing a track but just very very very poorly.  Power off a time or two and normal output resumed.  I haven't had it in the past week but I haven't done anything to actual fix it so its likely still a possible issue.  Any ideas?

Also, I am curious why when I copy files from MusicBee to the player, I get a TON of 'null' music.  The metadata clearly doesn't seem to be coming across correctly.  If I search for tracks in MusicBee I don't see any matches at all with 'null' but I get a fair number of tracks that come across as null (which also then means they don't have genre info).  Any ideas on how to rectify this?

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #1,292 of 6,795
  Howdy,

Got my hands on a new DX80 a week and change ago.

Just curious about a couple of things.  Firstly, has anyone encountered a large hiss issue?  On a couple power ons when I then connected to a device (car stereo via trs or a portable speaker via trs) I got a huge hiss.  Not even hiss, but more like a mangled r2d2 hiss/noise.  Kinda like it was playing a track but just very very very poorly.  Power off a time or two and normal output resumed.  I haven't had it in the past week but I haven't done anything to actual fix it so its likely still a possible issue.  Any ideas?

Also, I am curious why when I copy files from MusicBee to the player, I get a TON of 'null' music.  The metadata clearly doesn't seem to be coming across correctly.  If I search for tracks in MusicBee I don't see any matches at all with 'null' but I get a fair number of tracks that come across as null (which also then means they don't have genre info).  Any ideas on how to rectify this?

I had the same problem and on examining the albums in MusicBee it turned out that metadata (album name) was missing. Editing the album tracks in bulk and adding album name solved the problem and now I have no albums in "null" folder. Is all your metadata present when checking in MuaicBee?

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #1,293 of 6,795
There are 15 tracks that do not have an album name in my entire catalog  - without really digging (its a pain to browse the player), at most 2 tracks might have been copied over on my first pass at putting music on the player (I did about 50 gig worth just to see how it was working and sent over 1.5 stars and up tracks (of which the 2 mentioned could have been in that group).

Had this on the DX50 as well but iirc, there wasn't nearly as many that showed up as null.

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #1,294 of 6,795
  There are 15 tracks that do not have an album name in my entire catalog  - without really digging (its a pain to browse the player), at most 2 tracks might have been copied over on my first pass at putting music on the player (I did about 50 gig worth just to see how it was working and sent over 1.5 stars and up tracks (of which the 2 mentioned could have been in that group).

Had this on the DX50 as well but iirc, there wasn't nearly as many that showed up as null.

Strange - have to say I only had around half a dozen albums out of 200gb's worth (mainly 16 or 24 flacs) in the "null" group. I just noted them down and edited them using MusiBee directly from the player connected to my PC. Rescanned the SD card and all was well. Maybe somebody else can share there own experience?

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,299 of 6,795
  Anybody know if the analog stage is capless or chipless at least and with very HQ cap?

It is "capless", if you mean - no coupling capacitors. The measurements show frequency response from 0 Hz.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #1,302 of 6,795

I've got circa 8900 tracks on my DX80. No limitations so far.

That's comforting. I'm weighing my options now, but I have a rediculous amount of music.
Any speed issues or slow down noticed at all with the device as more and more files were added?

None what so ever. I have around 5K in the library and it runs the same as when I just had a few test tracks. 

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #1,303 of 6,795
Is the Dx80 hiss with sensitive iems normal?
There is no hiss on my headphone. But definitely a certain level of hiss on my iems.

There is no hiss when no songs are played.
When the songs are playing, and on the quieter part of the music, the hiss are apparent.

Anyone else facing this issue too??

My unit had quite severe hissing too. Yes, there is no hiss when no songs are playing, but it starts after playing, apparently more so on quite parts, especially at the endings. I had used the DX80 with 3 of my IEMs - W4R, CE6P and V6s.
This was my experience so far:
W4R - moderate hissing. Not good, but still acceptable
CE6P - Severe hissing, unacceptable
V6s - Severe hissing, unacceptable
Furthermore, I found that using silver cables made the hiss worse too. I decided to send by DX80 back since I couldn't stand the hiss on my ce6p and v6s. No music for the time being 
frown.gif
Off-topic: Still excited for the DX200 though 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back