iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 15, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,217 of 6,795
Hi fellows, anybody tried pairing r70x HP with Valhalla 2 amp using DX80. Would love to hear some views :)

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #1,219 of 6,795
I haven't tried that combo, however I can tell you the line out is completely worthy, really decent each amp I tried.
hey, thanks for the input. I haven't tried the tube amps yet and just curious if they are much better than the solid state amps. :xf_eek:

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #1,220 of 6,795
  I still have issues with card scanning though, and it is super hard to identify exactly which files are causing the problem. I am planning to spend some time this weekend to isolate the culprit files on my card. Hopefully it will help in fixing the issue. In the meantime I will switch to folder browsing with alphabetically ordered album name. 

Well, with a sudden stroke of luck I have managed to identify the exact flac file which is causing the scanning issue. The file is unplayable as well, and after deleting it I was able to scan the whole card without any issues whatsoever.

Right now I am scrutinizing the file to identify what's so special about it. There seems to be nothing wrong in its tag or in the embedded album art. If I find something I will post here. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #1,221 of 6,795
Well, with a sudden stroke of luck I have managed to identify the exact flac file which is causing the scanning issue. The file is unplayable as well, and after deleting it I was able to scan the whole card without any issues whatsoever.

Right now I am scrutinizing the file to identify what's so special about it. There seems to be nothing wrong in its tag or in the embedded album art. If I find something I will post here. 

Possibly check the file name and it's characters, see if there's any strange symbols.

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #1,222 of 6,795
Hi fellows, anybody tried pairing r70x HP with Valhalla 2 amp using DX80. Would love to hear some views :)

Excellent pair up from HO, no need for amping, sounds impressive even in low gain. Mentioned it in my review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-audio-dx80-high-resolution-audio-player/reviews/14737

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #1,223 of 6,795
USB DAC for iPhone 6 Plus.
----------------------------------------
Has anyone tried USB DAC for iPhone 6 Plus + CCK cable + supplied USB cable? iOS 9.2 enabled lightning CCK for iPhone.
Is it working or not with Onkyo HF Player DoP ?  sound getting improved ? 

Dec 15, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #1,224 of 6,795
USB DAC for iPhone 6 Plus.
----------------------------------------
Has anyone tried USB DAC for iPhone 6 Plus + CCK cable + supplied USB cable? iOS 9.2 enabled lightning CCK for iPhone.
Is it working or not with Onkyo HF Player DoP ?  sound getting improved ? 

I can't get anything to work on iOS 9.2. Tried Apple CCK plus micro usb and also lavricables usb to lightning CCK cable.

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #1,225 of 6,795
Yesterday i received the replacement DX80 (Previous one had something moving inside). Guess What? This one has the second micro sd card slot broken
rolleyes.gif
 It seems to me the spring inside the slot is broken as i can push the card all the way inside but the card gets stuck and the player doesn't read it. To remove the card i need to use tweezers.

NO, i didn't force the card inside and NO, i'm putting it inside the correct way (And i'm also  very careful with my electronic devices, headphones etc.)

First slot is fine but...who cares? I will not be able to update firmware as it is done with the second slot plus i bought the DX80 to have two micro sd card slots.

To be honest, this is the second DX80 with serious hardware issues and i wonder if i'm VERY unlucky or if there is a lack of quality control. I never had these kind of issues with any phones, mp3 players, electronic devices or headphones i ever had in my life (and i had MANY).

I'm not going to bother again to send it back to the seller as the first time already costed me money and time to post it and i had to wait days to get a replacement (the seller was very honest and helpful).

I think i'm giving up on the DX80 but now i have a good paperweight that costed 400 eur 
rolleyes.gif

P.S. along with the DX80 i also ordered a DX90 and the latter is working fine

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,226 of 6,795
  Yesterday i received the replacement DX80 (Previous one had something moving inside). Guess What? This one has the second micro sd card slot broken
rolleyes.gif
 It seems to me the spring inside the slot is broken as i can push the card all the way inside but the card gets stuck and the player doesn't read it. To remove the card i need to use tweezers.

NO, i didn't force the card inside and NO, i'm putting it inside the correct way (And i'm also  very careful with my electronic devices, headphones etc.)

First slot is fine but...who cares? I will not be able to update firmware as it is done with the second slot plus i bought the DX80 to have two micro sd card slots.

To be honest, this is the second DX80 with serious hardware issues and i wonder if i'm VERY unlucky or if there is a lack of quality control. I never had these kind of issues with any phones, mp3 players, electronic devices or headphones i ever had in my life (and i had MANY).

I'm not going to bother again to send it back to the seller as the first time already costed me money and time to post it and i had to wait days to get a replacement (the seller was very honest and helpful).

I think i'm giving up on the DX80 but now i have a good paperweight that costed 400 eur 
rolleyes.gif

P.S. along with the DX80 i also ordered a DX90 and the latter is working fine

That's really unlucky.
400 Euro 
confused.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #1,227 of 6,795
Yep, the price in Europe for DX80. Even bought from UK the price in Euro would be the same. 

I'm quite sad for the two faulty Dx80 i got but even more for the lack of quality control (or we can say i was unlucky..)
rolleyes.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #1,228 of 6,795
Got this new baby today, very amazing indeed! however, do you guys sense there is a lot of hiss? ( i think its what its called, like the extra, often extended "csssssss" on the cymbal) i am using ER4PT/S. do you guys experience something similar?

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,229 of 6,795
Got this new baby today, very amazing indeed! however, do you guys sense there is a lot of hiss? ( i think its what its called, like the extra, often extended "csssssss" on the cymbal) i am using ER4PT/S. do you guys experience something similar?

Hiss is generally in the background of a track, usually most heard during silent passages or quieter sections. Like when a radio isn't tuned into a station, that constant noise.

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #1,230 of 6,795

I'm using my JH13 and there is no sibilance if that is what you are referring to. I tend to find that happens with poor recordings or certain headphones. If anything I would say with the DX80 being more laid back\analogue sounding it would be less likely to hear the sssssssssss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back