iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 1, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #841 of 6,795
  I set my power off to never and it stays on in the USB DAC mode. 

Yes but i think it would make sense that the device turns off that feature automatically when in USB DAC Mode. Who needs a Auto OFF in USB DAC Mode honestly ?
Well at least i would prefer that the device stays on in USB DAC Mode.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #842 of 6,795
For this who intend on shipping back to pro studio don't go to the Ibasso dealer page and look at USA distributor and email them they will replace it with the original receipt regardless of where you bought it from.

I would have done that but I am leaving out of the country tomorrow so I was in a rush to tidy up things.

So if Pro Studio sends me another defective DX80 I can just email this distributor with my receipt and they'll replace with a new one? Is Extreme Audio USA distributor the right one you're talking about?

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #843 of 6,795
So if Pro Studio sends me another defective DX80 I can just email this distributor with my receipt and they'll replace with a new one? Is Extreme Audio USA distributor the right one you're talking about?

Dear Mr. Thompson,

It does not make any difference. We are US Distributor handles all RMA processing.

Thank you
John

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 2:09 PM, william Thompson wrote:
Does it make a difference if I bought the dx80 from Amazon?

Thanks
Will

Sent from my iPhone

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #844 of 6,795
sorry out of topic, but I think ibasso should fix their website,  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #845 of 6,795
Dear Mr. Thompson,

It does not make any difference. We are US Distributor handles all RMA processing.

Thank you
John

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 2:09 PM, william Thompson wrote:
Does it make a difference if I bought the dx80 from Amazon?

Thanks
Will

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for that. So apparently every U.S. dealer sends their returned Ibasso products to the same place where they check everything out to see what's wrong? Still kind of annoying that this place has had my $359 for over 2 weeks now and I have no DX80. Really hoping they send me a new unit and not a refurb as well. Part of me wants to just ask for a refund and maybe try buying a DX80 later after the defects are worked out. We'll see how this goes...

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #847 of 6,795
  Thanks for that. So apparently every U.S. dealer sends their returned Ibasso products to the same place where they check everything out to see what's wrong? Still kind of annoying that this place has had my $359 for over 2 weeks now and I have no DX80. Really hoping they send me a new unit and not a refurb as well. Part of me wants to just ask for a refund and maybe try buying a DX80 later after the defects are worked out. We'll see how this goes...

Most people will be aware that they have a legal right to return a defective unit for a replacement or refund.

Also if they buy from Amazon or similar they will have a no quibble returns policy.

I was also tempted to buy one but will now hold off for a few months.

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #848 of 6,795
Dec 2, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #849 of 6,795
Found a bug on the dx80:
- when the directory (album ?) contains a ' then it can crash the scan or you can't read the file or you can read it but the player isn't showing the right track on the main page.
For examples, Pronounced Leh'-Nerd Skin'-Nerd and Nuthin' Fancy.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #850 of 6,795
I'm waiting on a new cable for my Fidue A83 to complete my iBasso DX80 rig. Soundstage, detail, separation and all that stuff... :wink:

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #851 of 6,795
Doing some shopping for a micro SD card and I noticed this was already discussed a bit. Does the read speed of a micro sd card affect the general speed performance of the DX80 or how "snappy" it is, like how long it takes a song to start when selected or moving from folder to folder etc. I don't care about the initial card reading speed the first time you put it into the player, but more so how quckly the player performs its normal tasks. I was looking at the 200gb Sandisk micro SD card in particular, but there are faster ones with less storage space available. I heard the 200gb one is not a very fast card. Thanks for any thoughts.

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #852 of 6,795
I have Sandisk 128g and 64g. I noticed that the 128 is slightly faster than the 64 in the player but much faster  when I transfer music. Since your main concern is the in the player I'd say it's difficult to tell the difference.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #853 of 6,795
So what ive read is if it is defective, I can return it for a full refund even if its almost past 30 days?

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #854 of 6,795
As I mentioned before, I did have an issue related to hissing noise in my right earpiece with various sensitive IEMs when using DX80.  Not talking about a general low level hissing noise, but the noise related to right earpiece only which got worse as I moved the cable.

Today I received the replacement DX80 - and it's dead silent!!!  Now, back to 100hr burn in
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #855 of 6,795
So what ive read is if it is defective, I can return it for a full refund even if its almost past 30 days?

As I see it, yes. It shouldn't make a difference if it's defective or not. It goes by their full refund period. Some will have a full refund period of 7 days. Others 30. Depends on the seller. So check with your vendor. If the vendor failed to specify the trial period, then you can argue that since the store failed to make clear such a date, they can't refuse the refund either. But assuming that you are within their stipulated refund period, it doesn't matter if the item is perfectly functional or not. As long as the result is not due to neglect and there are no other faults to prevent the refund you should be fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back