iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 3, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #872 of 6,795
I put an amp on the line out with my JH13 and prayed I didn't hit play and ran the volume up to where it would destroy everything and no hiss. Then got out of that system real quick. lol 

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #873 of 6,795
If anyone wants to trade their DX80 for a FiiO x3ii, PM me. :)

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #874 of 6,795

Prior to receiving your new unit, did you happen to listen to the DX80 (with the hiss) using IEM's with comparable specs to the ATH-IM03 or Shure SE535?  Did you still hear the hiss?  So far, I have been really enjoying the DX80 that I received about a week and half ago, but all this talk of hiss, particularly with sensitive IEM's has me a little paranoid.  I have been trying to hear ANY hiss using the ATH-IM03 and Shure SE535, but am unable to; it is completely black.  So, either, my DX80 is working perfectly or my IEM's are not sensitive enough to pick up the hiss.  My fear is in the future I would like to purchase, either, Shure SE846 or Angie's and would eventually hear hiss with those IEM's.

I'm confused? 
You WANT to hear the 'hiss'??? 
confused_face_2.gif

PS: Maybe you can trade it with some1 who has a hissing DX80. 
wink_face.gif
 Then the fear is gone and has become a certainty. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #875 of 6,795

I'm confused? 
You WANT to hear the 'hiss'??? 
confused_face_2.gif

PS: Maybe you can trade it with some1 who has a hissing DX80. 
wink_face.gif
 Then the fear is gone and has become a certainty. 

OBVIOUSLY, you did not read my post correctly.  With all this talk of folks hearing "hiss" with sensitive IEM's, while I don't hear "hiss" with my current set-up, my fear is that if/when I get more sensitive IEM's that I may hear the dreaded "hiss".  No, I do not want to hear any "hiss".  I enjoy the perfectly dark background.  I was simply asking if he still heard the "hiss" with less sensitive IEM's, preferably with specs similar to what I have been using (ATH-IM03 & SE535), so as to put my mind at ease.

I hope that wasn't sarcasm that I detected in your post, because there is no need in it.  I was simply asking a question to someone that was not you.

Thanks.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #876 of 6,795

OBVIOUSLY, you did not read my post correctly.  With all this talk of folks hearing "hiss" with sensitive IEM's, while I don't hear "hiss" with my current set-up, my fear is that if/when I get more sensitive IEM's that I may hear the dreaded "hiss".  No, I do not want to hear any "hiss".  I enjoy the perfectly dark background.  I was simply asking if he still heard the "hiss" with less sensitive IEM's, preferably with specs similar to what I have been using (ATH-IM03 & SE535), so as to put my mind at ease.

I hope that wasn't sarcasm that I detected in your post, because there is no need in it.  I was simply asking a question to someone that was not you.

Thanks.

I think he was kidding, I think. :^)

From what I have read it was a few DX80's with hiss but that most all don't have it and it seemed early on. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #878 of 6,795

From what I have read it was a few DX80's with hiss but that most all don't have it and it seemed early on. 

Thanks, jamato8, maybe I overreacted.  How long has the DX80 been available?  I just felt that I must have one of the early units, because it came with FW 1.1.0, however I purchased from B&H Photo (listed on iBasso's website as a US Distributor) on November 19.

Thanks for all the help, from everyone.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #879 of 6,795
From what I have read it was a few DX80's with hiss...

I think all DX80's will suffer from hissssssssss with this specific iem
eek.gif

Quarkie-Viper-Green-In-Ear-Headphones.jpg

Anyway, I'll probably wait for the 2nd (or 3rd) batch to see if this is a hardware issue...

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #880 of 6,795

Thanks, jamato8, maybe I overreacted.  How long has the DX80 been available?  I just felt that I must have one of the early units, because it came with FW 1.1.0, however I purchased from B&H Photo (listed on iBasso's website as a US Distributor) on November 19.

Thanks for all the help, from everyone.

I don't remember when they became available. I would think if you don't have hiss now, you won't have any. How is the sound quality for you? I am using a lot of DSD and really enjoying it. I loaded a 200gb card with all DSD and have a 128gb with all flac and apple lossless so have a wide assortment of music. I am using the DX80 with optical or coax to the Mojo right now. A different sound but not really better, just different. So many options. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #881 of 6,795
Just ordered a DX80 last night and should get on Monday. I love my DX50 so it was natural to buy one of these babies. Got a 10% off code so paid £260 at AMP3

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #882 of 6,795

Thanks.

Exactly!  It was an isolated case where my sensitive multi BA-driver CIEMs/IEMs with a thicker (22AWG gauge) replacement cables were giving me a problem of sever hissing in right earpiece, especially as I move the cable.  Apparently, I had a defective unit which has been promptly replaced by iBasso and now there is no issue.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #883 of 6,795
Does the thump count as defective? I would like to replace it if that is the case. My ears become sore a little each time. The thump doesn't happen when changing through some songs though.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #884 of 6,795
Does the thump count as defective? I would like to replace it if that is the case. My ears become sore a little each time. The thump doesn't happen when changing through some songs though.

"thump" is intended by the design 
wink.gif
  That's not a hardware defect, and if anything they will fix it in firmware.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #885 of 6,795
Btw, with DX80 being Android based, too bad it doesn't support BT w/apt-X.  Would have loved to use it with my wireless headphones
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back