iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 2, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #17 of 6,795
  When you listen to songs in random mode and you hit the back button, does it go to another random song, or the last song you heard?

If you press the back button when shuffle is enabled it changes to another random track. :)

When a folder finishes playing, what happens?does it go to next folder?

Atm when a folder finishes the player stops, like you were playing a CD.

(no play through folders yet, or an option I can see)

Nice impressions so far, guys!

As long as sound is comparable, I'd rather have this over DX90. On comment, though. Did it really take 3-4 minutes to scan 32Gb card? That's soooo long compared to other DAPs. C'mon, iBasso. You can do better than that!

Yes, about 3-4 minutes for my very first scan, all FLAC 16/44 with album art embedded.

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #20 of 6,795
H20Fidelity: I get it, H20. Its much faster than my DX90. It's just that the DAPs with Ingenic chips I've used (Cayin, Fiio, Shanling) can scan a relatively full 128Gb in that time.

Please let someone confirm my estimate is correct as I just tried to rescan the card under a stop watch but because the img. file is now created it took about 4 seconds. I'm not in a location I can delete the img folder and start fresh.

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #21 of 6,795
Comparing to the DX90 and 50 is going to be tricky, as their sound can vary so much by
firmware changes.

A comparison to other DAPs in same price bracket is what I'm looking for,
I guess that includes the X5 mk2

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #22 of 6,795
Thank you for the impressions!
How's the battery life? I'm worried because the DX80 uses a relatively smaller battery compared to most recently released players.

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #23 of 6,795
Thanks all for the impressions so far
If someone could do a battery test @24/96 Hi Res this would be most helpful :)
(I appreciate some will use it for 16/44 and some 24/192, so Im thinking 24/96 would give a good general idea)

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #24 of 6,795
I love the shape and design of the DX80!

Yes, me too!

Please let someone confirm my estimate is correct as I just tried to rescan the card under a stop watch but because the img. file is now created it took about 4 seconds. I'm not in a location I can delete the img folder and start fresh.

No problem. I'm being picky. Most people don't swap cards in and out very often, so it's not really that big of a deal :wink_face:

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #26 of 6,795
  what are function of DF ( Digital Filter ) ?

It is how the signal is treated. In slow roll off there is gradual roll off of the low and high frequency on the sharp roll off there is more extension. Some hear a difference and some do not. You can experiment and see if you prefer one over the other.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 3, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #27 of 6,795
I need to take it easy on the volume with this DX80, really tempting to turn the volume up, detail / resolution temptations. :D

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #28 of 6,795
Comparison shot to the DX90?  DX80 looks much bigger for some reason.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #29 of 6,795
  Comparison shot to the DX90?  DX80 looks much bigger for some reason.

They're made of very much the same materials for the casing, however, DX80 takes on a more modern appearance with its stretched screen and curved edges. 

When you look at them side by side DX90/DX50 design is beginning to show some years.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #30 of 6,795
Any locations where I can order dx80 now that it is out? I tried searching dealers in North America but cannot find it on the sites. I would even import from Asia if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back