iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Aug 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #5,326 of 6,795
Sorry if this has been covered.  I have a classical music collection of mainly symphonies.  Most have 4 movements, but a scan sometimes only adds 2 of the movements to the album even though all four are there on the SD card.  The only way I discover this is when I play a piece and it suddenly stops after the 2nd movement.  I do a rescan and the missing sections reappear.  Any thoughts?

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #5,327 of 6,795
  Sorry if this has been covered.  I have a classical music collection of mainly symphonies.  Most have 4 movements, but a scan sometimes only adds 2 of the movements to the album even though all four are there on the SD card.  The only way I discover this is when I play a piece and it suddenly stops after the 2nd movement.  I do a rescan and the missing sections reappear.  Any thoughts?

This solved such[and other] issues for me:
Come back if you have issues with it - sometimes you need to run it twice

Batch Tool to use if you are having any difficulty with the FW update. It wipes the internal memory and installs a clean FW update but there are a few more steps but it is great if something gets messed up: http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar
You can download a .rar app for free to unzip the .rar. There are instruction with the download on how to install on a Microsoft OS computer. It can also be used on the DX50 and DX90 to load FW's. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #5,328 of 6,795

Phantom of the Opera?

Aug 20, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #5,329 of 6,795
  i had this too at a time. Now it's gone
Did many firmware changes. V 1.4 and 1.5.2
I don't know exactly when it 's gone.
Just remember i did a double reset once.

Yup, this resolved the issue for me. Using Lurker 1.5.2

Thanks

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #5,330 of 6,795
I updated to 1.5.2. and now when I hit track forward it always shuffles the tracks regardless of what play mode is on. Did a factory reset after the update was installed.

Any fix for this? Quite frustrating.

***Update***

I did a second factory reset and I think the problem has been fixed. I'm re-scanning my sd-cards and I'll see if I continues to work correctly. 

***2nd Update***

And it's doing it again... sigh.

Aug 21, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #5,332 of 6,795
I think it is probably related to one of the known issues where the play order is based on the file name.

I flashed back to 1.4.2 and it's fine now

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #5,334 of 6,795
Has the battery drain issue on 1.5.2 been registered by Ibasso yet? 

I think if you have weird drain issues on playback you just have to send it back for repair. It's definitely a hardware issue rather than firmware. Mine had battery replaced and no problems with v1.5.2 on battery consumption.

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #5,335 of 6,795
I think if you have weird drain issues on playback you just have to send it back for repair. It's definitely a hardware issue rather than firmware. Mine had battery replaced and no problems with v1.5.2 on battery consumption.

Thanks. The thing is, though, that this drain was introduced on the new FW. I will revert back to previous FW and see indeed if it's a new hardware issue. Previous battery duration was pretty solid.  

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #5,336 of 6,795
Thanks. The thing is, though, that this drain was introduced on the new FW. I will revert back to previous FW and see indeed if it's a new hardware issue. Previous battery duration was pretty solid.  

How bad is the drain? How many hours of playback do you get? Another user had mentioned he had about 2 hours I think and he sent for battery replacement.

I did not notice mine have much difference in battery drain between v1.4.2 or v1.5.2 but I switched back to v1.4.2 cause of the bug for folder playback in new firmware.

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #5,337 of 6,795
I guess the battery drain issue has to be hardware-related. I haven't had any abnormal battery drain with any firmware and I think the same goes for others.

If you really think it is firmware-related, I would suggest to downgrade to a different FW to see if the drain is consistent.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #5,338 of 6,795
Spent a lot of time researching. Even with the firmware issues I think I am going to pull the trigger and make this my first (real) DAP purchase.. 
Amazon has them for $320 USD right now.. So that is reasonable compared to what I am seeing price wise for comparable quality.

DX 80 in my near future

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #5,339 of 6,795
We have a new Firmware, 1.5.8. Instructions for the update are included with the download.

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Increased memory size for user data partition. This allows more artwork to be stored.
2. Increased embedded ID3 artwork size to be 900*900 pixels maximum. This helps to avoid a media scan crash problem and improves the media scan speed.
3. Rectified the sorting order bug.

Link for the update. 1.5.8

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back