iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jul 29, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #5,179 of 6,795
Got my player back yesterday from battery replacement.
So far so good in that there is no irregular battery drain issue with player switched off.

Scanning/playback also does not drain much battery even on v1.4.2

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #5,188 of 6,795
How do you guys think about the soundstage in DX80?
Seems like my Galaxy S6 has wider soundstage as well as the depth compared to DX80.

Some people said to me that DX80 has a bigger soundstage when compared to DX90, and the other said that DX90 has a wider soundstage.

By the way. I just purchased MDR-1A and the noise is greatly reduced if compared to the IM02.

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #5,189 of 6,795
How do you guys think about the soundstage in DX80?
Seems like my Galaxy S6 has wider soundstage as well as the depth compared to DX80.

Some people said to me that DX80 has a bigger soundstage when compared to DX90, and the other said that DX90 has a wider soundstage.

By the way. I just purchased MDR-1A and the noise is greatly reduced if compared to the IM02.

The Samsung S6 is an easy going device that gives you a sensation (kind of placebo) that everything is better. The same way that my Note 5 seems to sound better with some headphones.

But the thruth is that, the DX80 is way better than each and every smartphones that I tried, the soundstage is larger and deeper but the tonality thinner and hard to pair, just as most mid to high end daps, you can't plug in everything and expect some magical tricks to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back