iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jul 13, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #4,981 of 6,795
  Still missing many Artists and Albums in library-view after scan.
Did a factory reset with the batch tool - nothing.
Under 1.33 everything is fine. So I don´t understand where´s the problem.

I have better things to do than fiddling around with such shortcomings.

I am done with iBasso.

Perhaps Paul should make available the debug logging version of firmware (he mentioned a few days back as I recall), those having problems could load it and report the captured logs.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #4,984 of 6,795

He's referring to the FiiO X5 II... 
rolleyes.gif

my bad...totally missed that one.
redface.gif

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #4,986 of 6,795
I want to share some information regarding SACD ISO playback, to let you avoid some confusion...

"Rescan library" does not scan ISO images. Instead, each ISO image should be manually added via Directory browser by tapping the file.

In the directory containing ISO images you'll see virtual folders (subdirectories) named by ISO image files. Initially, they all are empty. When you first "open" an ISO file, the virtual directory is filled with track names, preceded with track numbers. At the same time, the album is added into the library. Next time you may start playing it either from the virtual folder, or from the library, or by tapping the ISO file once again.

In the library, any artist that has a SACD, goes to the top (even if there are plain tracks for it) in the Artist list, and albums for SACDs are listed at the top in the Album list.

If you choose to delete a SACD album from the library, the ISO image is deleted as well, just like with other musical files.

If you "Rescan library" once again, all the SACD albums and tracks are deleted from the library, and you have to add them manually back again.

The player supports only stereo tracks in DSD64 format. Multichannel tracks are not shown in the list. No support for DST64-compressed tracks: they are displayed, but are not played. In the player itself there is no way to tell whether a track is DSD or DST. The player detects DST when it starts playback, and just skips to the next track.

Gapless playback does not work for SACD ISO images.

Western European characters (like umlauts, accents etc.) in SACD tags, found on some titles, are not supported. You may see Chinese hieroglyphs instead. I have no a SACD ISO image with tags in not Latin-based languages, so can't comment here any further.
All the above is by design, and can't be considered as a bug even if you don't like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back