iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jul 11, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #4,951 of 6,795
I upgraded to the ZX100, but after using it for several months I felt the ZX100 had more background noise than I liked. I actually think the DX80 has a pretty dark background, contrary to what others say here on this thread. Then I tried out the DP-X1, which is probably the best sounding DAP that I have heard. I sent it back because I could use the money for other things (saving up for an automobile for my 15 year old son). So I had about $300 to purchase a DAP. It was between the DX80 and X5II, both of which I had previously used. So, I went back to DX80; as I prefer the touch screen opposed to the scroll wheel and I feel the DX80 is a little more dynamic and detailed over the X5II (which is still a great DAP for the price. I especially like the looks of the new black version).

dx80 is musical for previous fw

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #4,953 of 6,795
I believe mine also got (null) text if my track didn't had enough information tag

With 1.4.x, sometimes a valid track with enough tags goes under (null), and it is not ogg, for which 1.4.x has lost support of tags at all. I believe it will be fixed in the coming release.

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #4,955 of 6,795
Is there any way to use the Dac with an iPhone? When I hook it up it doesn't play anything but when I set my dx50 up and select the Linux/Mac option it works. Any suggestions?
just plug and play?

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #4,959 of 6,795
I have currently four DAPs here to compare, DX80, DX90, FIIO X5 and Xduoo X3 and from all those I like the audio signature of the DX80 the most. It so effortlessly puts extra punch in the music without make it tiring to listen, especially combined with a punchy IEM like the Tennmak Dulcimer its a Wow-combination. Currently listening to Ayreon 01011001 on that combo is mind blowing.

Running 1.4.2 btw, never had a problem. I not that happy with the somewhat limited run time and I strongly oppose the fixed battery (c'mon iBasso - if you put in a Li-Ion battery do not glue it in and not where getting to it requires complete disassembly! Have it accessible behind at hatch to be opened with some screws... is that so hard?) but otherwise its great.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #4,961 of 6,795
We have a new FW for the DX80 that will be posted shortly. 1.5.2

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back