iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 1, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #4,133 of 6,795
I also still have the same scanning issues with the new firmware. This is the second card I've had in there, too - brand new. Scans to 50% and crashes, same as with 1.4.0. The scan works fine in 1.3.3. I can't understand it. I otherwise like the new features, so I'm going to stick with it, but I was really hoping the issue would be fixed in this go around. 

Does anyone know what's causing the scan to fail?

May 1, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #4,134 of 6,795
  I also still have the same scanning issues with the new firmware. This is the second card I've had in there, too - brand new. Scans to 50% and crashes, same as with 1.4.0. The scan works fine in 1.3.3. I can't understand it. I otherwise like the new features, so I'm going to stick with it, but I was really hoping the issue would be fixed in this go around. 

Does anyone know what's causing the scan to fail?

If you have a Mac you can try CleanMyDrive2. It is free and gets rid of junk on a card. I did this with each of my 20 cards and most had stuff that needed to be taken off. I have tried a number of my cards with the new FW and they all work. I like the scanning feature as I listen. 

May 1, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #4,135 of 6,795

If you have a Mac you can try CleanMyDrive2. It is free and gets rid of junk on a card. I did this with each of my 20 cards and most had stuff that needed to be taken off. I have tried a number of my cards with the new FW and they all work. I like the scanning feature as I listen. 

I'm glad all your cards work. There must be something wrong with my unit, because this card is brand new - there shouldn't be anything to clean. It seems there is a handful of folks having this issue - has anyone that's had a scanning issue with 1.4 had it resolved? 

May 1, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #4,136 of 6,795
I'm glad all your cards work. There must be something wrong with my unit, because this card is brand new - there shouldn't be anything to clean. It seems there is a handful of folks having this issue - has anyone that's had a scanning issue with 1.4 had it resolved? 

Does it work if you use the file explore which will trigger the scan?

1.4.2 completed the scan of my 128gb of music in 10 minutes which is great!

May 1, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #4,138 of 6,795

Almost solved. Now it scanned 99% but non null. Sometimes yes sometimes no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back