iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #4,150 of 6,795
  DX80 is one of the more powerful DAPs out there.
The maximum output voltages you can get before the amp starts to clip/distort is pretty high.

It would take a mains powered desktop amp or some beefy portable amp like the Mojo to get any more driving power, both for low and high impedance headphones.

Sound quality is subjective, but you don't want to use some weak amp that starts clipping and compressing, and claim that it sounds "hotter and more exciting"... 
biggrin.gif

thank you! very helpful!

May 1, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #4,151 of 6,795
Updated to 1.4.2 which like 1.4.0 doesn't scan my second card properly.

First time through I had it stop the scan and I cleared null artists reported.
Next time it stopped at 90% and there aren't any null artists.   I'm not going to keep trying on the offchance that one scan goes all the way.

With 1.3.3. scanning both cards fine I don't understand it and I'm starting to become frustrated.

So back to 1.3,3. I have to go again for the second time.

I have tied both versions of 1.4.2, official and Lurker with consistent experiences.

May 1, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #4,152 of 6,795
  Updated to 1.4.2 which like 1.4.0 doesn't scan my second card properly.

First time through I had it stop the scan and I cleared null artists reported.
Next time it stopped at 90% and there aren't any null artists.   I'm not going to keep trying on the offchance that one scan goes all the way.

With 1.3.3. scanning both cards fine I don't understand it and I'm starting to become frustrated.

So back to 1.3,3. I have to go again for the second time.

I have tied both versions of 1.4.2, official and Lurker with consistent experiences.

This is my exact issue, except my scans consistently stop at 50%, on both iBasso and Lurker0's versions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Aside from this, 1.4.2 is great. 

May 1, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #4,154 of 6,795
  Hello guys,

maybe my question is weird but what headphones impedance in Ω this device can support? I saw that Onkyo DP-X1 supports 16Ω--300Ω.

The DX80 is designed for impedances from 16 to 300 ohms and we have used it up to 600 ohms but at 600 ohms you have to use more volume.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 1, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #4,155 of 6,795

This is my exact issue, except my scans consistently stop at 50%, on both iBasso and Lurker0's versions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Aside from this, 1.4.2 is great. 

We are looking into this.

On the null issues we have have had files sent to us that cause this but they scan normally on our DX80s. We will continue to work on this to figure it out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back