iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Apr 28, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #4,086 of 6,795
  Seems like not much you can do but return it and ask ofr a repair or for a new one.
How old is the DX ?
Never timed mine so cannot say how long mine lasts however I never let it go below 45% after I read an earlier post by someone who did some extensive reading about the matter of batteries.

Yeah I guess :l It's approx 6 months.

I'd suggest to contact the dealer or iBasso for battery replacement.

Will be visiting the local store to check and probably get a battery replacement or send to fix. Thanks :)

If the battery time does return to normal around 11 hours of use please contact the seller for service.

Can't seem to get it back to 11 hours. Will be visiting the store later this week and update if anything :)

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #4,088 of 6,795
  the new firmware, it's good!

While 1.4 wouldn't work fully for me, reverting back to 1.3.3. - the sound is absolutely glorious.  It's hard to believe how good and immersive the sound is from the unit at the price point it is.  This is also with 320kbs MP3s rather than FLAC (I'm travelling continually on trains for work so not in perfect hi-fi conditions, so best quality MP3 is fine in that situation).  So, just a quick note to say - great work iBasso!

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #4,090 of 6,795
Version 1.4 was a no go for me.

The main reason I like the dx80 is because I can go all music files and play it random without having to turn the screen on. The new update eliminates this possibility for me (it craps out when I try to skip to the next random song).

I'm going to stick with 1.3.3 until the next firmware is released also.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #4,091 of 6,795
Version 1.4 was a no go for me.

The main reason I like the dx80 is because I can go all music files and play it random without having to turn the screen on. The new update eliminates this possibility for me (it craps out when I try to skip to the next random song).

I'm going to stick with 1.3.3 until the next firmware is released also.

This has been fixed for our next FW update.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back