iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #1,186 of 1,489
Hello all!

I've really been enjoying my dx80, but a few days ago ran into my first big problem that I've been unable to solve.

A couple times now in the two months I've owned it, my music will no longer appear to be scanned into the device. In the past, rescanning the library has solved this issue. This time, it has not. I can still access my music directly off of the card (through the directory), but going to artist, genre, playlists etc, shows nothing. I've attempted to rescan multiple times, from both as slots, nothing (to be clear, it looks like it's scanning. The percentage slowly increases as if it isscanning. But when it's complete, no music shows up as available).

Does anyone have any thoughts on (a) why the dx80 will intermittently lose all music that has been scanned and require a rescan, and (b) how to fix the most recent issue of it not scanning music at all.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Frank

This sure is a strange one.
What firmware version are you on? While you've owned it, have you ever updated the firmware?
Of course the first obvious thing to try is a factory reset - but you've probably already done that.

Since you were previously able to scan, I guess we can assume the file's tag information are correct. Do you have another micro SD card you can try the scanning with? By the way, how many files are on your SD card?
Even though the scanning is done a lot more quickly with the new firmware, have you set the "auto poweroff" to never before a scan?

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #1,187 of 1,489
yep strange,
even if the scan cannot complete and datavase gets corrupted, you should at least see a few musics shows up in the library.
having nothing at all, I'm not sure anyone else had this issue.
as Paul mentionned, the batch tool would wipe the internal memory and might help.
if the percentage increase I assume the card can be read, but if it is an access error that would behave as if you remove the card, so you would end up with an empty library.
might be a slot or a card error, can you try with a different card, and invidually in each slot?

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #1,188 of 1,489
I also found that mine doesn't has correct battery indicator, for example last night I use it until 0% (my bad!) then leave it until next morning I found out that it's still has 27% when I turned it on

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #1,189 of 1,489
I also found that mine doesn't has correct battery indicator, for example last night I use it until 0% (my bad!) then leave it until next morning I found out that it's still has 27% when I turned it on

I have noticed this with batteries. Sometimes there will be some self recovery and also as a battery heats during use the resistance in the battery goes up decreasing the current flow. As it cools again sometimes there will be some recovery of the charge.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 26, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,190 of 1,489
Hello all!

I've really been enjoying my dx80, but a few days ago ran into my first big problem that I've been unable to solve.

A couple times now in the two months I've owned it, my music will no longer appear to be scanned into the device. In the past, rescanning the library has solved this issue. This time, it has not. I can still access my music directly off of the card (through the directory), but going to artist, genre, playlists etc, shows nothing. I've attempted to rescan multiple times, from both as slots, nothing (to be clear, it looks like it's scanning. The percentage slowly increases as if it isscanning. But when it's complete, no music shows up as available).

Does anyone have any thoughts on (a) why the dx80 will intermittently lose all music that has been scanned and require a rescan, and (b) how to fix the most recent issue of it not scanning music at all.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Frank

Is this with all cards that you have tried?

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,191 of 1,489
Hi @Paul - iBasso,

I have three suggestion to make if you're looking for adding new fixes for the next update.
1. When DX80 is scanning music from the SD card, disregard the auto power off.  This is a small thing but I have to change my auto power off setting to never everytime I rescan because it can turn the device off prematurely.  This probably causes some confusion in new users.
2. Make sure when DX80 is storing "Now Playing" list correctly when devices shutdown by auto power off.  I find that my device will have the correct list of songs but in the wrong order sometimes.
3. Return to how we used to sort artist or albums with unicode names.  I understand the current behaviour might be what some user wants, but its a big change for me since I am used to the post 1.5.2 way of sorting artist/album.  Or give us a option in settings to decide how to sort name.

Thanks again for a great DAP,

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,192 of 1,489
  Hi @Paul - iBasso,

I have three suggestion to make if you're looking for adding new fixes for the next update.
1. When DX80 is scanning music from the SD card, disregard the auto power off.  This is a small thing but I have to change my auto power off setting to never everytime I rescan because it can turn the device off prematurely.  This probably causes some confusion in new users.
2. Make sure when DX80 is storing "Now Playing" list correctly when devices shutdown by auto power off.  I find that my device will have the correct list of songs but in the wrong order sometimes.
3. Return to how we used to sort artist or albums with unicode names.  I understand the current behaviour might be what some user wants, but its a big change for me since I am used to the post 1.5.2 way of sorting artist/album.  Or give us a option in settings to decide how to sort name.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have passed this along to the software team.

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #1,193 of 1,489
  Hi @Paul - iBasso,

We can do 1 and 2 but what problem specifically are you having with 3?

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #1,194 of 1,489

We discussed it earlier in this thread. It is related to Chinese/Japanese/Korean titles. Before all of them were right after all other languages. Now, with (I believe) the help of /system/mango/apps/unicode_to_hanyu_pinyin.txt file, the sorting order is between Latin-based titles, according to pronunsation. The problem is that 1. not all users know the correct pronunsation and 2. it is different for similar hieroglyphs for different languages.

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #1,195 of 1,489

Thanks @Paul - iBasso for your quick reply,
The sorting change showed up in 1.5.2 where in 1.4.2 artist/album used to sort by English first, then other languages (Japanese, Chinese, Korean).  However, in 1.5.2 its now sorted together.  For example, if I have three album name: Handwritten, 好人, Huey Lewis and The News.

On 1.4.2 the sorting order was:
Handwritten
Huey Lewis and The News
好人

On 1.5.2 the sorting order is now:
Handwritten
好人
Huey Lewis and The News

Because 好 is now sorted at the same place as "hao" (pinyin spelling).
This makes sense but I rather have the 1.4.2 sorting.  (or a switch so I can choose).

Thanks,

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #1,196 of 1,489
  Thanks @Paul - iBasso for your quick reply,
The sorting change showed up in 1.5.2 where in 1.4.2 artist/album used to sort by English first, then other languages (Japanese, Chinese, Korean).  However, in 1.5.2 its now sorted together.  For example, if I have three album name: Handwritten, 好人, Huey Lewis and The News.

On 1.4.2 the sorting order was:
Handwritten
Huey Lewis and The News
好人

On 1.5.2 the sorting order is now:
Handwritten
好人
Huey Lewis and The News

Because 好 is now sorted at the same place as "hao" (pinyin spelling).
This makes sense but I rather have the 1.4.2 sorting.  (or a switch so I can choose).

Thanks,

Huey Lewis lol. But yes I second this feature request please!

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #1,197 of 1,489
Here's a new problem for me.

Upon booting up my player today, it never booted up. Instead what I get is shut down screen "reboot" clicking on and off continuously and endlessly. So I cannot access any of the typical ibasso menu. 

Is there a way to do a hard reset using the buttons? If I hold the power button for 5 seconds it DOES shut off, but when I go to turn it on again I have the same issue as at the beginning. 

I'm so sick of this DX80, wish I never bought it. 

edit: fixed through a hard reset and reinstalling the firmware. Factory reset won't work. New issue on 1.5.2 is that every time I try to scan library the DX80 just turns off inbetween. 

edit 2: It won't scan my 64gb card all the way through - always seems to stuff up at around 83%. Other 128gb card scans just fine. What could be causing this? There are no issues with the 64gb card in any other device. 

ps. This player would be so good if it just had firmware that worked. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #1,199 of 1,489
I have noticed this with batteries. Sometimes there will be some self recovery and also as a battery heats during use the resistance in the battery goes up decreasing the current flow. As it cools again sometimes there will be some recovery of the charge.

Then I think it was hardware (or even the battery ) fault,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back