iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jul 22, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #1,171 of 1,489
I see that there's been multiple comments regarding battery drain - even when the device is turned off.  That's the primary issue that I have with the DX80.  Everything else works to my satisfaction.  But I can charge to 100% before going to bed, make sure that it's off and find that the battery level is down to 90%-95% in the morning.  Sorry if I missed it, is there a consensus as to why that may be happening?  I suppose that I may simply have a bad battery that needs to be replaced.

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #1,172 of 1,489
  I see that there's been multiple comments regarding battery drain - even when the device is turned off.  That's the primary issue that I have with the DX80.  Everything else works to my satisfaction.  But I can charge to 100% before going to bed, make sure that it's off and find that the battery level is down to 90%-95% in the morning.  Sorry if I missed it, is there a consensus as to why that may be happening?  I suppose that I may simply have a bad battery that needs to be replaced.

Maybe it is a bad battery. Yesterday I charged up the DX80. I pulled it off the charger at 8:00pm. This morning I went to use it and it still showed 100%.

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #1,174 of 1,489
Mine was already sent for repair for abnormal battery drain.
Almost 6 weeks and still waiting for battery part for replacement...:rolling_eyes:

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #1,177 of 1,489
How long have you owned it, and where did you buy it?

I ask because my previous DX80 developed a problem with the screen. iBasso said they would repair it for free, but I had to ship it back to China at my cost. I had purchased it from Amazon. It was past the free replacement time with them. But Amazon offered to replace it if I paid a restocking fee. I think it was something like 15%. It was cheaper and far quicker for me to pay Amazon's restocking fee and get a brand new player than to pay shipping to China.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #1,178 of 1,489
My unit was purchased in November 2015 in Singapore. The local distributer only allows 1 to 1 replacement for purchase made within 7 days. So a repair was the only option.

The battery only started having problems around April this year.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #1,180 of 1,489
Re: Battery drain

Hi all,

I would like to report that I sent the DX80 back and after 3 weeks or so, they changed the battery and its now working perfectly.

It does take a bit of time, but iBasso has very good after sales service, and they will fix it for you.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #1,181 of 1,489
Hello all!

I've really been enjoying my dx80, but a few days ago ran into my first big problem that I've been unable to solve.

A couple times now in the two months I've owned it, my music will no longer appear to be scanned into the device. In the past, rescanning the library has solved this issue. This time, it has not. I can still access my music directly off of the card (through the directory), but going to artist, genre, playlists etc, shows nothing. I've attempted to rescan multiple times, from both as slots, nothing (to be clear, it looks like it's scanning. The percentage slowly increases as if it isscanning. But when it's complete, no music shows up as available).

Does anyone have any thoughts on (a) why the dx80 will intermittently lose all music that has been scanned and require a rescan, and (b) how to fix the most recent issue of it not scanning music at all.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Frank

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,182 of 1,489
  Re: Battery drain

Hi all,

I would like to report that I sent the DX80 back and after 3 weeks or so, they changed the battery and its now working perfectly.

It does take a bit of time, but iBasso has very good after sales service, and they will fix it for you.

I'm positive that I need to do the same.  Did you have to first get a return authorization to send it back for battery replacement?

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #1,183 of 1,489
Hi frankrondaniel

Its Hong Kong, its small.  I just took it straight back to the distributor and then they sent it back to iBasso.

Unfortunately it's Hong Kong, once it's sold to you, the shops don't care about you anymore.  You always deal directly with the importer/distributor after 10 days.

Victor

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #1,184 of 1,489
  Hi frankrondaniel

Its Hong Kong, its small.  I just took it straight back to the distributor and then they sent it back to iBasso.

Unfortunately it's Hong Kong, once it's sold to you, the shops don't care about you anymore.  You always deal directly with the importer/distributor after 10 days.

Victor

For me it's quite a bit past the purchase date, so I won't be able to return it to the seller.  I'll contact Ibasso and see what they recommend.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #1,185 of 1,489
Hello all!

I've really been enjoying my dx80, but a few days ago ran into my first big problem that I've been unable to solve.

A couple times now in the two months I've owned it, my music will no longer appear to be scanned into the device. In the past, rescanning the library has solved this issue. This time, it has not. I can still access my music directly off of the card (through the directory), but going to artist, genre, playlists etc, shows nothing. I've attempted to rescan multiple times, from both as slots, nothing (to be clear, it looks like it's scanning. The percentage slowly increases as if it isscanning. But when it's complete, no music shows up as available).

Does anyone have any thoughts on (a) why the dx80 will intermittently lose all music that has been scanned and require a rescan, and (b) how to fix the most recent issue of it not scanning music at all.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,

Frank

Have you tried a factory reset? This will clear the DX80 and it should rescan. If this does not work please try the Batch Tool on the first page of the other DX80 thread. There are instructions for the use in the download. It works on a Windows based computer. The Batch Tool wipes the internal memory of the DX80 and does a clean install of the firmware.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back