iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jul 4, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #1,081 of 1,489
That's not a bug, through some daps send pre-amp signal (assumed @ 100% volume) via line out, it will just drain your battery faster, my ipod if using an external amplifier stay only for 20 hours, with LOD. Cmiiw

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #1,083 of 1,489

There's only one thing I can think of which might have messed things up and that's that I scanned the two cards separately: I filled the first one, put it in the DX80 and scanned it, whilst simultaneously filling the second card on the computer. When that was filled, I put that in the DX80 and asked it to scan card 2 That couldn't be the problem... could it?!

Just to update this thread, I've tried scanning both cards simultaneously and it's not resolved the artist sorting problem...

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #1,084 of 1,489
Since using FW 1.4.2 I have a big increase in battery drain -
Today for example . . .
From 100% I just scanned 2x 128gb cards (with 2 new albums on each card - from previous scan)
Turned off then on again :
I am now @ 87%  :frowning2:

Jul 9, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #1,085 of 1,489

There's only one thing I can think of which might have messed things up and that's that I scanned the two cards separately: I filled the first one, put it in the DX80 and scanned it, whilst simultaneously filling the second card on the computer. When that was filled, I put that in the DX80 and asked it to scan card 2 That couldn't be the problem... could it?!

Just to update this thread, I've tried scanning both cards simultaneously and it's not resolved the artist sorting problem...

Have you tried using the program - mp3tag
That can often solve these type of issues

Jul 10, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #1,086 of 1,489
   Have you tried using the program - mp3tag
That can often solve these type of issues

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm confident that there's nothing wrong with the tagging. I don't normally use Artist, for reasons explained in a previous post - preferring Album Artist, but here's a screenshot of the same (but not cut down for space reasons) media library as rendered by Artist in Squeeze Commander for the squeezeboxes on the network:

All I've done is copy a selection of the music, which is in FLAC format on the network, to a pair of 200GB memory cards on the iBasso. A-J went onto card one, the rest onto the second card.

I've used dBPoweramp to rip all the CDs for the last few years which automatically grabs tagging information from the internet, and which I correct at the time, if it's not exactly as I want it. From the same stable, I've also got Perfect Tunes, and still use Tag and Rename occasionally for global album surgery after the event if I change my mind.

All the tagging on the main library works absolutely perfectly with Squeeze Commander for the Squeezeboxes and Bubble DS for the Linn DS network streamers, using Logitech Media Server and Asset UPnP respectively.

So, since the FLACs, and hence tags, are identical in all cases, I'm laying this problem at the scanning of the DX80, since it's the only one which doesn't work properly. Also, my old iRiver H140, Apple iPod 5.5G, and Sansa Clip+ (running Rockbox) work perfectly with the mp3 versions of the files. 

Jul 10, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #1,087 of 1,489
Hi all,

I have an issue with my Dx80 when I power it up it flashes up the Dx80 makes a click then turns it's self off the only way I an get it to turn on is if I put power charge lead in. It's on 50% battery. I've done a factory reset and the power on volume + reset still does it.
This is my second Dx80 after the first had a faulty line on screen kindly replaced by advanced mp3s. However this is the second one in less than a month that has issues.
Any ideas

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #1,088 of 1,489
@Grenadier_45

@se7en7

I have expereinced the same problems that both of you have mentioned

@Grenadier_45  -I appreciate your points BUT it may something with the synergy or version of the 'tagging' that mp3tag [or other programs] uses and the DX80 
that works well together. For whatever reason perhaps the DX80 likes the tagging it finds from a specific program more than others? 
There are other solutions that have worked for other people such as emptying and the reformating cards but and @se7en7 what has perminantly
fixed these issues for me is using the batch tool. You may need to go through the process twice
Keep at it though, the qualityof the sound this payer gives far outweighs a few bugs :)

Batch tool - the included pdf explains all

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar

Good luck - Keep trying! there is a solution, we just need to find the right one

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #1,089 of 1,489
Hey Grenadier,
I have the same issue and none of the advice above worked so far, I changed my SD cards from exFat to FAT32, cleaned all my tags, reset factory and rescan scanned more than 15 times I would say maybe more. used batch tool for FW update 5 times with both 1.3.3 and 1.4.2.
I was offline for a week but Paul from iBasso sent me a file to provide a log of the scans errors. unfortunately I could not download the file.
I'm waiting for Paul to resend it and hopefully it will help for next firmware update.

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,090 of 1,489

@Grenadier_45  -I appreciate your points BUT it may something with the synergy or version of the 'tagging' that mp3tag [or other programs] uses and the DX80 
that works well together. For whatever reason perhaps the DX80 likes the tagging it finds from a specific program more than others? 
There are other solutions that have worked for other people such as emptying and the reformating cards but and @se7en7 what has perminantly
fixed these issues for me is using the batch tool. You may need to go through the process twice
Keep at it though, the qualityof the sound this payer gives far outweighs a few bugs :)

Batch tool - the included pdf explains all

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar

Good luck - Keep trying! there is a solution, we just need to find the right one

Thanks Jon, but I, like Yoones, have done the try everything-you-can-reasonably-think-of bit, spending hours and hours re-formatting, re-tagging, re-copying. My view is that the database compilation routine is just broken. I have no intention of re-tagging > 1TB of FLACs on the off-chance that the DX80 might like it better than the way it's currently done. If every other piece of software copes, it's this one that's got the bug.

I wonder if it might have something to do with the semi-colons in some of the tags, but they're staying in any case, as AssetUPNP uses them as a delimiter, so a recording which includes Beethoven and Bruch shows up under both Beethoven and Bruch when it's tagged "Beethoven; Bruch". Just about everything else just ignores the semi-colon, so I end up with the raw tags listed. That's OK - I'm prepared for that: the most important systems to me are the Linn ones which run off Asset. But nothing else jumbles everything up - that's where the problem is... Also, the scanning routine shouldn't just crash and leave a corrupted database if it doesn't like one or more of the tags - some more robust error handling is needed - especially on a player which encourages you to load it with hundreds of GB of music.

This player is so close to greatness it hurts - if we could just hammer a few of these gremlins - it should become an all-time classic.

@Paul - iBasso If there's anything I can do to help your guys track down the problem, or you'd like me to help you beta test a new release, feel free to pm me.

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #1,091 of 1,489
@Grenadier_45  I hear ya buddy :)   Forgot to say though, it may just be a simple case of loading the card into mp3tag and then ONLY pressing the save button (ater selecting all tracks) -
This [i think] will update the version of tagging for all the albums on the card.

Whatever I did (this was one of the things) I now have none of these issues anymore

It is a shame the player isn't perfect but Ive had so many eargasms listening to it Im learning to shrug and accept to a lesser or greater degree

Jul 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,093 of 1,489
  Does anybody know when the next firmware will be released? 

I'm really frustrated with the device.

We will have one soon.

We have thousands of DX80s that are working correctly but we are working hard to understand why some of the above issues come up for users. We hear you and are trying to figure this out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 13, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #1,094 of 1,489
still having a lot of music files in (NULL) folder when selecting ARTIST for FW1.5.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back