iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
May 1, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #875 of 1,489
Same "null" bug (3 songs appear as null after factory reset and library scan) on 1.4.2 that was not present in 1.3.3

May 1, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #877 of 1,489
Confirmed the same null issue.  But I've noticed that it only happens if I factory reset first then rescan my SD card.  Also, the null files are consistently in my last folder (alphabetical order).  If I just rescan SD card (without factory reset) then I don't see the null issue.
One good thing about this new build is it seems to be more stable.  I did see a reboot one time when rescan was happening and I was looking into albums at the same time.

One new feature I like is the volume overlay that allows me to see what's underneath while adjusting volume.

May 1, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #878 of 1,489
Maybe next time you guys in ibasso had to use better battery than the one with yellow plastic / white stripes

We don't use that type of battery. What we use is a high quality battery that is expensive in relation to the cost of most li-polymer batteries.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 2, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #879 of 1,489
  Confirmed the same null issue.  But I've noticed that it only happens if I factory reset first then rescan my SD card.  Also, the null files are consistently in my last folder (alphabetical order).  If I just rescan SD card (without factory reset) then I don't see the null issue.
One good thing about this new build is it seems to be more stable.  I did see a reboot one time when rescan was happening and I was looking into albums at the same time.

One new feature I like is the volume overlay that allows me to see what's underneath while adjusting volume.

+1

May 2, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #881 of 1,489

Hi, I'm looking for a DAP at the moment and I only listen to classical music. Almost all my tracks are renamed and tagged according to my needs. I can see that you mentioned a lack of "composer" sorting, has that changed since with a firmware update? and my second question is, have you tried using more than 2 cards? The reason I'm asking for is, I want to use an archive of over 1TB and I wonder what happens when you eject and insert different cards. I've read that it keeps the scanned media data file on the card to reduce the scan duration next time but how convenient is it when you want to switch between 5-6 256GB cards with large tracks even though they always have the same content. I can't use the directory order.... thanks

The GUI still does not provide an option to sort by composer. The lack of response to this post would suggest that it's not on any priority list. I have long ago started to put the composer name at the beginning of the album title as a workaround for many music players, but as you can see in my post that can lead to other issues - a long title of which you can't see the most relevant part because only the beginning of the album name is displayed.

As for using multiple cards: I only use one, so I have no experience with changing cards. One issue I do see though: when you upgrade the firmware, the card containing music should be removed. When I re-insert it after the upgrade, I have to choose if I want to scan the card. If I don't, my music library is empty. If I do, the scanning takes as long as the first time the card was inserted and sometimes many albums are not added to the library. Re-scanning a seciond time seems to help somewhat, the behaviour appears to be random. I suppose that this is a bug as according to the manual, the library should still exist after the card is removed and each scan after the fist one should be considerably faster.

May 2, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #883 of 1,489

The GUI still does not provide an option to sort by composer. The lack of response to this post would suggest that it's not on any priority list. I have long ago started to put the composer name at the beginning of the album title as a workaround for many music players, but as you can see in my post that can lead to other issues - a long title of which you can't see the most relevant part because only the beginning of the album name is displayed.

As for using multiple cards: I only use one, so I have no experience with changing cards. One issue I do see though: when you upgrade the firmware, the card containing music should be removed. When I re-insert it after the upgrade, I have to choose if I want to scan the card. If I don't, my music library is empty. If I do, the scanning takes as long as the first time the card was inserted and sometimes many albums are not added to the library. Re-scanning a seciond time seems to help somewhat, the behaviour appears to be random. I suppose that this is a bug as according to the manual, the library should still exist after the card is removed and each scan after the fist one should be considerably faster.

OK, thanks. The composer or at least some flexibility for customized tagging is a must for me so I'll pass this device.

May 2, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #884 of 1,489
I noticed the latest firmware 1.4x tends to discharge the battery when not in use. A fully charged battery drops from 100% to 95% in 1 to 2 hrs in power down mode. Does anyone experience this issue?

May 2, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #885 of 1,489
Okay I hope it's just issue with high cpu load / modified fw, but my dx80 now drowning every time it playing seems like 0.5% to 1% for about 3 minute song...

If the DX80 is not holding a charge then it may need servicing by your retailer. Please keep me informed.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back