iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Feb 22, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #751 of 1,489
Mine did the same loop thing with the "see you" shutdown, repeat. Doing a reset didn't help, either did a complete wipe. Since it was 3 weeks old, I was able to return it for a replacement. I wonder what causes this?

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #752 of 1,489
my case is like this : two days ago I paused a track ( girls generation - look at me) at 00:10 then yesterday I open again my dx80 and skip that track, playing randomly all of my music in micro sd 2, funny while the same track  ( girls generation - look at me) was played again then its looks like played from same time I paused it ( 00:10 )

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #753 of 1,489
Firmware 1.3.3

Problem: 1 character names are not displayed properly

- Song titled "i" appears with blank title

- Album titled "2" appears with blank title

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #754 of 1,489
Brand new unit here. First thing I did was flashing the new fw 1.3.3 and the process went just fine. Then I removed the sdcard2 with the fw and plugged in sdcard1 with the music, a brand new 128Gb sandisk which was already formatted with exFAT. Everything looks fine, the card is recognized and I can listen to any song I want if I manually select the folder and song. Problem is I cannot create the database aka scan the media file.

All the files have been checked, tagged and renamed with foobar2000. For sure there are accents and all sorts of alphabets (no ideograms as in chinese or thai stuff) and some extra folders too for arts and pictures, anyway the scan always stucks at 4%

Honestly that's quite a big deal also because I have no idea about which particular file is blocking it.

Another minor issue I spotted is that the usb port is not perfectly centered with the hole in the chassis so all the plugs I'm using to charge the device are kinda hard to plug in and out. I just wouldn't this to become a total major problem in the long run since without usb I may even use the device as paperweight.

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #755 of 1,489
  Brand new unit here. First thing I did was flashing the new fw 1.3.3 and the process went just fine. Then I removed the sdcard2 with the fw and plugged in sdcard1 with the music, a brand new 128Gb sandisk which was already formatted with exFAT. Everything looks fine, the card is recognized and I can listen to any song I want if I manually select the folder and song. Problem is I cannot create the database aka scan the media file.

All the files have been checked, tagged and renamed with foobar2000. For sure there are accents and all sorts of alphabets (no ideograms as in chinese or thai stuff) and some extra folders too for arts and pictures, anyway the scan always stucks at 4%

Honestly that's quite a big deal also because I have no idea about which particular file is blocking it.

Another minor issue I spotted is that the usb port is not perfectly centered with the hole in the chassis so all the plugs I'm using to charge the device are kinda hard to plug in and out. I just wouldn't this to become a total major problem in the long run since without usb I may even use the device as paperweight.

Have you done factory reset after FW upgrade ?

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #756 of 1,489
Sorry but factory reset doesn't bring all back to.... factory? o_O

EDIT: ok the scan finally went through. I just let it go and after about 10-15 mins (I kept the device "alive") the 4% became 5% and things went faster afterwards. Let me know if the factory reset is needed for any other reason. Thanks.

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #757 of 1,489
Factory reset will NOT bring back old FW, you will still have 1.3.3. It will erase all the user settings and you will have to rescan the library again.
iBasso strongly recommends to perform factory reset after each FW update.

As far as slow scan - you need to be patient, it might take up to 25-30 mins for a single 128GB card. Make sure you disable automatic power off under advanced->power management. Otherwise, it shuts down in the middle of the scan.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #758 of 1,489
  Factory reset will NOT bring back old FW, you will still have 1.3.3. It will erase all the user settings and you will have to rescan the library again.
iBasso strongly recommends to perform factory reset after each FW update.

As far as slow scan - you need to be patient, it might take up to 25-30 mins for a single 128GB card. Make sure you disable automatic power off under advanced->power management. Otherwise, it shuts down in the middle of the scan.

It took 50 minutes with  8600 songs on mine (1.3.3 with samsung 128GB)

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #759 of 1,489
Got my DX80 last week and been using a full 128GB card in slot 1 with no problems,got another 128GB card yesterday put it in slot 2, filled it up with tracks and scanned the card,it got to 14% then crashed and restarted,FW is 1.3.3,which was installed on day one,factory reset as per instructions.
Could a rogue Flac file cause scan errors? I have now put about 20GB of files on the card and these scanned no problem.
Should I reformat the card or retry filling it up? Both cards are Integral UltimaPro in exFat format,what allocation size should I use if I need to reformat?
Thanks in advance for any help regarding this.

EDIT: Think I sorted it,had a couple of japanese albums with japanese characters in the title. Changed them and scan went through.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #761 of 1,489
  FW 1.3.3, already Factory reset after upgrade, already try to flash the firmware again, still L & R is inverted, tested with 334 and HD650, anyone have same problem?

Just checked with test sounds from here - both left and right channels are in their places.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #762 of 1,489
In my experience a factory reset after a firmware upgrade is absolutely essential.  Upgrade, factory reset, re scan the library.  The scan definitely takes a while (I have 2x200gb cards) but 1.3.3 has been working extremely well.  No real library issues to speak of.

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #763 of 1,489
  Another minor issue I spotted is that the usb port is not perfectly centered with the hole in the chassis so all the plugs I'm using to charge the device are kinda hard to plug in and out.

Same problem here but not a big deal for me.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #765 of 1,489

Hi,

Thanks for your respond, I mean at the L R Settings, when I scroll to the Left, the sound more to the right, so as the Right, sound more to left :D

Want to know is this from firmware or from the device...

This is by design. Look at the minus sign as you move to the right, that minus means reduce right channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back