iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Feb 16, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #737 of 1,489
  I have two problems with my iBasso DX80 player:

Sometimes it has a very annoying stutter when playing the songs, like a quick pause and unpause. It happens with some 24 bit audio @96kHz, for example with Tool - Lateralus 24 bit flac album. This album worked fine on Fiio X5 II and also works fine on my computer.

There is another issue. It won't read my Porcupine Tree - In absentia album (24bits@48kHz). These songs are also working fine on Fiio x5 II and on my computer.

My firmware is the most recent to date, 1.3.3

Is someone having similar issues?

Regards

Can you please send a song that is not working by WeTransfer to service@ibasso.com? The service is free and takes large files. We can check out what is going wrong and get it corrected. Also there are folders made up by other players sometimes that interfere with correct reading and those folders need to be taken off of the card. CleanMyDrive2 also works well to get rid of extraneous material on cards.

Please make sure to do a factory reset.
  I would like add my request to fix the following small issue:

The player always reverts to the top of [Artist] from the album I was listening to
so if I want to browse and play through my music its a bit of a pain.

Ideally going back to [Artist] the player would remember where you had navigated to
on the list of Artist Names  :)

thanks 

This is being corrected.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 16, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #738 of 1,489
@ Paul - iBasso

thank you, deeply appreciated :)

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #740 of 1,489
What player did get use? With foobar2000 set output more than 1000 ms

Yes I am using foobar2000. I think the issue is not with in the Foobar, because the popping also occurs when I am adjusting the volume from the Notification Area or when there is a notification sound from my PC.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #742 of 1,489

Can you please send a song that is not working by WeTransfer to service@ibasso.com? The service is free and takes large files. We can check out what is going wrong and get it corrected. Also there are folders made up by other players sometimes that interfere with correct reading and those folders need to be taken off of the card. CleanMyDrive2 also works well to get rid of extraneous material on cards.

Please make sure to do a factory reset.
This is being corrected.

Dear Paul (ibasso),

I sent some 24bit songs to you, these 24bit songs always have skipping issue~
I'm make sure done the factory reset and tried CleanMyDrive2~ FactoryTool~ changed Sandisk 64gb~ Fat32 & NTSC format.......etc.

thx
Screamsaver

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #745 of 1,489
  Dear Paul (ibasso),

I sent some 24bit songs to you, these 24bit songs always have skipping issue~
I'm make sure done the factory reset and tried CleanMyDrive2~ FactoryTool~ changed Sandisk 64gb~ Fat32 & NTSC format.......etc.

thx
Screamsaver

We are downloading this and will see if we can replicate the problem.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 17, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #747 of 1,489
my through from 1.2.1 to 1.3.0 :

+
  • hiccups when in line out mode a bit lesser
  • no more errors when sliding L/R balance in line out mode
  • less than 1.2.1 battery consumption in line out mode
  • lock screen
  • for personal taste I like 1.3.0 for its 'dark' soundsig
    biggrin.gif

-
  • skipping at the end of track, trying 1.3.0 standard, 1.3.0 L0, and 1.3.3 L0 still happened (maybe caused of gapless mode?)
  • [ dunno this cause by broken card, file error, or dx80 it self ] some songs in my card seems broken, but not removed by re-scanning, and it caused high frequency noise (clicking) and player show 0 bit/0 kHz

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #748 of 1,489
I just plugged in my iBasso via usb as per usual and now its stuck in  a loop internal Clicking > 'SEE YOU' > Internal Clicking > 'SEE YOU' etc etc

thoughts anyone :frowning2:

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #749 of 1,489
  I just plugged in my iBasso via usb as per usual and now its stuck in  a loop internal Clicking > 'SEE YOU' > Internal Clicking > 'SEE YOU' etc etc

thoughts anyone :frowning2:

My unit did this a couple of weeks ago
Do the on button plus volume up hard restart and it should come good
Note I had to restart 3 times 
No problem since 

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #750 of 1,489
@Dogmatrix- thanks for replying - Its really hard to find how to reset physically on the internet !!
Looks ok now - Phew!  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back