iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #571 of 1,489
I am having issues with the unit connecting to my PC.

First, connecting the unit shut of will not wake up the unit to add file (card reader mode), just go to charge.

Second, when I unplug the unit from my computer (either ejecting it safely or unsafely) I have to restart the unit to have my two card recognized again (with or without adding music).

I don't know if that make any difference but I am under linux (where the DAC part is working perfectly compare to the Fiio X3 and X5).

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #572 of 1,489
Done, the DAC problem persists, it keeps popping and the playlist are still empty (if it manage to search and not restarts).
I resolved the dsd problem putting dsd files in another folder, i guess it have some problems when it has to search between 1400 mp3s

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #574 of 1,489
Not sure if this has been posted before... since 1.1.4 I've been experiencing the same behavior. Same goes to 1.2.1.

Scenario:

- I'm playing from my playlist. I pause at say track #5 (can be any track) at 1min mark (can be any timing).
- I switch off the player, or leave it idle and for auto shutdown.
- I switch on the player, go to Home screen, go to playlist, and:
--- 1) If I start by playing track #5, it will start playing from 1min instead of 0sec.
--- 2) If I start playing track #1 (can be any track before #5), it will play as per normal, track by track, but when it comes to #5, it will suddenly start playing from 1min instead of 0sec.

If I didn't remember wrongly, the same behavior was observed when:

- I'm playing track abc by folder mode.
- I pause at 1min and switch off player.
- I switch on player and start playing by playlist mode, which has track abc included.
- When it comes to abc, it will start playing from 1min instead of 0sec.
- This and vice versa, which is, play abc in playlist mode, pause, off, on, play by folder mode and select abc, it will start from wherever I stopped previously and not from 0sec.

This is annoying. Hope this behavior can be rectified soon.

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #575 of 1,489
  set your buffer time to 1000ms ( I use foobar and ulilith )

With the DAC mode setting the buffer size larger helps a lot.

Not sure if this has been posted before... since 1.1.4 I've been experiencing the same behavior. Same goes to 1.2.1.

Scenario:

- I'm playing from my playlist. I pause at say track #5 (can be any track) at 1min mark (can be any timing).
- I switch off the player, or leave it idle and for auto shutdown.
- I switch on the player, go to Home screen, go to playlist, and:
--- 1) If I start by playing track #5, it will start playing from 1min instead of 0sec.
--- 2) If I start playing track #1 (can be any track before #5), it will play as per normal, track by track, but when it comes to #5, it will suddenly start playing from 1min instead of 0sec.

If I didn't remember wrongly, the same behavior was observed when:

- I'm playing track abc by folder mode.
- I pause at 1min and switch off player.
- I switch on player and start playing by playlist mode, which has track abc included.
- When it comes to abc, it will start playing from 1min instead of 0sec.
- This and vice versa, which is, play abc in playlist mode, pause, off, on, play by folder mode and select abc, it will start from wherever I stopped previously and not from 0sec.

This is annoying. Hope this behavior can be rectified soon.

Thank you. I have passed this on to the SW team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 22, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #576 of 1,489
I have a problem with various artists on the cards showing up in the SD card directory but not in either the artist, album or genre categories. It never seems to get added to the library.

These are Apple lossless files of varying density that were added using iTunes. I then play them with JRiver.

The issue seem to be all or nothing - all of the artist's albums or none.

Tried changing the metadata in iTunes and download them again to the card, followed by a Library ReScan of both cards and a reboot.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Bit of a show stopper for me if I can't trust the library.

Running v1.2.1

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------

Update on this issue.

If I go to the SD directory on the DX80 and drill down to a song missing from the library and try to play it, the unit says says it is scanning the media and then adds the entire album to the library!

I don't think the Library ReScan function is working very well if at all... Pretty flakey really.

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #577 of 1,489

Thank you. I have passed this on to the SW team.

Thanks Paul. For my usage I think this would be the second last main issue I'm facing. The other one being the thump between tracks. 
frown.gif

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #579 of 1,489
What type of card are you using? After updating to the latest FW please do a factory reset. If this is related to the card we are getting a fix for this. It seems some of the latest fast micro cards are causing a problem for a chip we use and the manufacture is supposed to do an update to fix this.

Hi, I got my Dx80 earlier in the week. It came with the latest firmware.

I only had one 32gb Sandisk Class 10 card to start with and it worked perfectly; very happy - great sound, easy to use interface, good battery life. But then I got a 64gb version of the same card and now I get constant clicks and skips. So maybe this is card size not speed? Any ideas what I can do?

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #580 of 1,489
I have a similar issue, the scanning is not working properly of my two 64gb card with mix format (mp3/aac/flac/dsd). The scanning gives me for example all the artist in my A folder on my first card and all the N on my second card and that is it (I organized my music like : /music/A,B,... Z/ Artist/Album/files).

This is not a deal breaker for me due to the fact that I always use the folder navigation not the artist/album/genre due to the fact that for some reason some of my tag are not perfect (even after fixing still not showing as it should on different DAP) so it looks like a mess.

As mention in an other post I have to reboot my device after I unplug it from my PC (the card are blank otherwise) and rescanning alone after unplugging does not work.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #582 of 1,489
Hi, I got my Dx80 earlier in the week. It came with the latest firmware.

I only had one 32gb Sandisk Class 10 card to start with and it worked perfectly; very happy - great sound, easy to use interface, good battery life. But then I got a 64gb version of the same card and now I get constant clicks and skips. So maybe this is card size not speed? Any ideas what I can do?

Have you tried reformatting your 64 gb card? Sometimes that will help.

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #584 of 1,489
Update - I've reformatted in NTFS and put a few albums on the 64GB; so far so good! No stutters, no crackles, snaps or pops.  I'm now transferring 40GB of files across, so we'll see how it goes.

Presuming that NTFS itself is not the fix, possibly something to do with the quality of the format?  I only have my work laptop with an SD slot in the side, which keeps on throwing up errors when I try to transfer files so maybe that just isn't good enough?

Let's see what happens once the card is full.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #585 of 1,489
  Update - I've reformatted in NTFS and put a few albums on the 64GB; so far so good! No stutters, no crackles, snaps or pops.  I'm now transferring 40GB of files across, so we'll see how it goes.

Presuming that NTFS itself is not the fix, possibly something to do with the quality of the format?  I only have my work laptop with an SD slot in the side, which keeps on throwing up errors when I try to transfer files so maybe that just isn't good enough?

Let's see what happens once the card is full.

...and not all formatting is created equal.  Sometimes one method of formatting will work better than another (such as formatting via a program such as SDFormatter vs. using an Android device or Windows).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back