ibasso dx50
Apr 16, 2014 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

grazzer

New Head-Fier
Can anyone help please. i think i may have accidentally formatted my dx50 whilst formatting a new micro sd card! My computor just sees the player as an empty E drive now and i cant send new firmware to it. any ideas please?

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #2 of 10
I would contact Ibasso first

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #3 of 10
  Can anyone help please. i think i may have accidentally formatted my dx50 whilst formatting a new micro sd card! My computor just sees the player as an empty E drive now and i cant send new firmware to it. any ideas please?

If you see 2 drives one for dx50 and one for sdcard, than everything is OK. The system files of DX50 is not displayed in explorer. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #5 of 10
Thank you for your reply.  I just see  'e' and 'f' drives now so I guess the device drivers have gone! The DX50 screen does not show usb hook-up either. Is there any way of reloading them? 

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #7 of 10
Hi, dont panic, it can be fixed - I did the exact same thing a couple of days after owning mine!

Power off the device, then turn it on while pressing and holding Volume up to enter recovery mode.

Once Recovery Boots use the Volume down button to scroll down to 'Wipe Data / Factory Reset' and then press the power button to perform the action.  After a moment it will complete - then select 'reboot system now'.

This should reformat the internal storage and make it available to use again!

Hope it helps!

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi, dont panic, it can be fixed - I did the exact same thing a couple of days after owning mine!

Power off the device, then turn it on while pressing and holding Volume up to enter recovery mode.

Once Recovery Boots use the Volume down button to scroll down to 'Wipe Data / Factory Reset' and then press the power button to perform the action. After a moment it will complete - then select 'reboot system now'.

This should reformat the internal storage and make it available to use again!

Hope it helps!

This post is old but I'm really glad it's here. Could be that noone else will need this since this player is now pretty old but it saved me. This info is not available from iBasso or anywhere else on the web that I was able to find. So thanks very much to the OP if you are still around Head-Fi! Unfortunately, after finding this post and getting my new (to me) DX50 to function I found out that it has a bad 3.5mm output jack right out of the box, so it has to go back to Pro Sound. And now, the search for a reasonably priced durable portable DAP with basic hi res functionality and great sound continues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back