ibasso dx50 vs studio v 3anv
Oct 8, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #16 of 20
for me id say the studio 3rd ani... the battery life is jut unbeatable and seeing as they can be had for almost the same price (not including import tax) its a no brainer. i had both , still have the studio 3rd as to me there isnt much point of having a portable if it conks out after 8 hours of use. Also the sound is just stellar, to be honest there isn't much else you need to get in terms of players. grab a studio and then get yourself a pair of ER4S and then youre good to go. the only down side again is the firmware BUT i must say it really isnt as bad as people make it out to be. I have been using an normal studio v for ages and not really found it much of a problem . its no ipod but i dont need it to be. If you are in the london area (or can come to the london area) why not come to the meet at the end of this month and try them both out for yourself =)

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #17 of 20
I fully agree with H2O and the others on this, I have had the studio for a while now and it has worked great, little eccentricities to deal with here and there, and yes the UI is not fancy, but the sound is very good. The battery life is also good.

I have had the DX50 for a few weeks now and it is also good, I have had none of the bad technical issue others have had (batch 7 FW 1.2.2), Mainly I think due to learning from the studio how to "prepare" my FLAC files and card for seamless use and iBasso responding to issues??

The main pluses to the DX50 could be the interface and the connections. Sound is also very good.
Main drawback is the battery life.

The main pluses to the studio would be battery life and sound.
Main drawbacks would be that it does not like my UE7 pros, still working through this issue, when I auditioned the UE's they worked fine with the studio (they were universal version of the CEIM's with lots of hours on them???).
UI is workable for the way I use it so not an issue for me.

If I were to set a price on these I would expect them to both be about the same value, $250USD, before you yell at me, this is what I perceive the fair market value of these player should be, not what they are obviously.  I would also expect them to not have the technical issue they have had at that price point.  In other words if they work flawlessly I feel they would be worth the aforementioned $250USD.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #19 of 20
lol no they dont 
24bit has got to sound better than any 16 bit player no?

and 64 gig is max for hi sound not 2 gig

I think you mean 2TB of files (not GB)

When you find where to buy a 2TB card be sure to tell us all where you can buy them, especially considering they don't exist yet. :wink: it's just a marketing ploy by iBasso, to say it can support them, the highest storage micro SD cards on the market are 64gb, so......

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #20 of 20
I think you mean 2TB of files (not GB)

When you find where to buy a 2TB card be sure to tell us all where you can buy them, especially considering they don't exist yet.
wink.gif
it's just a marketing ploy by iBasso, to say it can support them, the highest storage micro SD cards on the market are 64gb, so......

Hey, don't let facts get in the way! That and CD quality IS 16bit.
The anniversary 3 can play up to 24/48 files so..... What is important is how they SOUND and I haven't heard a DX50 so can't comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back