iBasso DX50 Review
Jan 3, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #77 of 81
Accessories:  A micro USB charger/ data cable.  A 3.5mm to coaxial out adapter. 2 screen protectors and lastly, a silicon case to keep it safe.

Does anyone know whether iBasso have stopped including the silicon case in the box? I'm considering getting this off Amazon and they suggest buying the player and a silicon case together, which would be pointless if it's included in the box...
Many thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed!

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #78 of 81
It should be inside box. But original is thinner and not so good quality as Mini Audio silicone (4 different colour choices also).

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #79 of 81
Has anyone faced problems using the DX50 as a USB DAC for their laptop? I'm running Win 7 64-bit but even after going downloading the iBasso USB DAC file and installing it, it still won't work :/ 

Would appreciate some help!

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #80 of 81

Does anyone know whether iBasso have stopped including the silicon case in the box? I'm considering getting this off Amazon and they suggest buying the player and a silicon case together, which would be pointless if it's included in the box...
Many thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed!

I'm 90% sure mine came with a silicone case... pm me and I'll check when I get home and get back to you. 

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #81 of 81
I am a bit of a newbie in the whole audiophile world but I have a question, I am looking to make a portable rig but I'm battling whenever I should choose between a device only used for audio purposes or buy a dac/amp for my note 4. So, I'm battling between buying either the Fiio x3 or ibasso dx50 or buying a jds labs c5d for my note 4 to use via otg as a dac/amp. My current headphones are Shure se215 soon to be upgraded, ath m50 and coming soon the dt990 pro 250ohm. Excuse my English skills and thanks in advance for any help.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think you'd get better sound overall by buying the JDS Labs C5D and using that as a DAC/amp. You should also do some research and make sure the C5D can drive those headphones; if you don't have an amp you'll get crappy sound out of them. 

WIth your current headphones you "might" see an increase in sound by going with either the X3 or DX50, but the headphones aren't "that" resolving, so I doubt it. Make sure you're running 320 kbs at least before you start buying new equipment. (This means re-ripping your CDs or downloading new; converting lower to higher doesn't help.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back