iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 9, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #14,401 of 14,596
Something is running in the background then. I have no apps on mine and will lose a few % over night but I shut it down most all the time. And then 1 to 0% loss.
Yes that's about what it's like but I do have a few apps streaming and YouTube and i did not go through and decrappify anything just nervous I will break something haha but I lose about 30% overnight. I just need to sit down with it for a night and start from scratch.

I wonder though, is this problem because the software of the other apps isn't working well with the dx? Can't help but wonder why. My pixel 6 had and still has some issues with recognizing dongles, as if they are not expecting most people to need that kind of capability so it's not written in.

Aug 9, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #14,402 of 14,596
Hi guys. Sincen I updated to android 11 I can't use UAPP, it just won't work. Does anyone have the same problem?
And anyone know if I can make a downgrade to make UAPP work again?

Thanks in advance.
Uapp works for me on newest android 11. Downgrading will require using the flash tool linked to on the first page of this thread. The instructions are pretty clear shouldn't have any problems but it works for me it should for you too I'd imagine, have you tried anything to fix?

Aug 9, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #14,403 of 14,596
Uapp works for me on newest android 11. Downgrading will require using the flash tool linked to on the first page of this thread. The instructions are pretty clear shouldn't have any problems but it works for me it should for you too I'd imagine, have you tried anything to fix?
Thanks! This is really weird and I don't what's wrong with my unit. I've tried deleting the app and installing it again a lot of times but still doesn't work.
I think I will try a factory reset as my last resort...

Aug 10, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #14,404 of 14,596
Yes that's about what it's like but I do have a few apps streaming and YouTube and i did not go through and decrappify anything just nervous I will break something haha but I lose about 30% overnight. I just need to sit down with it for a night and start from scratch.

I wonder though, is this problem because the software of the other apps isn't working well with the dx? Can't help but wonder why. My pixel 6 had and still has some issues with recognizing dongles, as if they are not expecting most people to need that kind of capability so it's not written in.
WOW! That is a crazy amount of battery loss just overnight. I can leave mine on for a very long time, and have very little loss when not in use. Though, admittedly, I use mine every day, so I never give it a chance to "artificially" discharge.

Having said that, I am still on android 9. I have had no issues with Amazon Music not working, and I don't need the 80% limiter (seeing as how I use it every day, charging it to 100% causes no harm to the batteries). All of these battery issues and apps not functioning do not give me the "warm and fuzzies" about upgrading. As long as Amazon Music continues to work (being my only streaming app on the DX), I don't think I will upgrade, especially since the DX300 is at/past end of life and iBasso will not be developing for it further, which means they probably won't be fixing anything else on it short of glaring issues they deem worthy. :) It DOES indeed sound like you have a "rogue" app that is constantly draining the battery.

I think that iBasso "cooked" in a kill command (for apps) to help battery life for these devices. It is all about charging. If you plug it in, and let it charge to 100%, when you unplug it there should be very minimal battery drain as long as you don't use it. This was even more obvious on the DX160. When it was done charging, if you simply pulled out the charger, it would reboot (killing all apps). The way around this was to turn the screen on before unplugging it. With the DX300, it doesn't reboot, but I have noticed that I can leave it on standby for weeks (if I so chose to) before it was drained. That also is assuming you don't use any apps after pulling out the charger.

I have always found this behavior to be odd (especially on the DX160 where it reboots) but have come to count on it working this way. :)

Aug 10, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #14,405 of 14,596
Screenshot 2023-08-10.png

Well, waiting for it to be fixed and sent back with a amp12

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #14,407 of 14,596
Screenshot 2023-08-10.png
Well, waiting for it to be fixed and sent back with a amp12
WOW! Some major issues going on all at once.
Hi again, guys. I've tried to downgrade my Ibasso but I cant download the 660 tool. Would anyone be kind to upload It if possible?
Thanks!
What do you mean you cannot download the tool? What is the problem?

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #14,408 of 14,596
WOW! Some major issues going on all at once.

What do you mean you cannot download the tool? What is the problem?
Seems that something is wrong with the download. On pc I can't download it and on my phone, it starts downloading it but way too slow and after a few minites, the download just fail. My connection is very quick, so Im sure that something is wrong with the download server.

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #14,409 of 14,596
Are you getting some error that won't let you download it on your PC? Where are you trying to download it from? Here is the link that I just downloaded it from (and had no issues). My browser doesn't want me to download it because it is a .zip file, but I can choose to "keep anyway" and it will. With a fast connection it shouldn't take more than a couple of seconds.
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/660playerupgradetools.zip

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #14,414 of 14,596
Can the DX300 take 1TB SD Cards?
Yes. Both my DX300 have 1TB cards. I'll admit I splurged for a more "commercial" grade of card at the time when there was discussion, led by @Whitigir, extolling the virtues of the Micron Technology MTSD1T0AKC7MS-1WT. You could search for that discussion in this thread if you care to, but I think any decent brand card will do.

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #14,415 of 14,596
Can the DX300 take 1TB SD Cards?
Specs would show that most of the ibasso daps can take up to 2tb cards. When ever they are available. I use 1tb all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back