iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 24, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #14,386 of 14,609
Question for the group. I was just offered to upgrade m dx300 to the dx320maxx ti for the price of the 320maxx ti minus the price i paid for the dx300. Does it make any sense to upgrade? Figured you would have some insights into this. Thanks all.
The DX300 is very good sounding and you have the amps. The DX320MAX is less portable but if you want the best sound of any DAP on the market, the MAX is the way to go.

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #14,387 of 14,609
The DX300 is very good sounding and you have the amps. The DX320MAX is less portable but if you want the best sound of any DAP on the market, the MAX is the way to go.
Thanks. Do you think it is too big to carry around. It's tough call between portability and sound quality. And you are right i have the amps so i would be stuck with those.

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #14,388 of 14,609
Thanks. Do you think it is too big to carry around. It's tough call between portability and sound quality. And you are right i have the amps so i would be stuck with those.
It is shorter but thicker and weighs more. It depends upon what you put it in but sound quality is very important to me. The DX300 is excellent but the MAX is just a big surprise and puts many desktop systems, that are very good, in their place. It is that good.

Jul 24, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #14,389 of 14,609
Question for the group. I was just offered to upgrade m dx300 to the dx320maxx ti for the price of the 320maxx ti minus the price i paid for the dx300. Does it make any sense to upgrade? Figured you would have some insights into this. Thanks all. Going to cross post on the 320maxx ti forum.
I had 220 max, I have dx300 for the second time, only now with amp12. I can say with confidence that 220 max is better than 300 with amp12. In terms of comfort, the 300 is better. The 320 max should be even better, but it makes sense to buy it if you have enough top-end headphones in your collection to unleash their potential, as well as full-size ones to give the 320 max a good load.

Jul 25, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #14,390 of 14,609
Question for the group. I was just offered to upgrade m dx300 to the dx320maxx ti for the price of the 320maxx ti minus the price i paid for the dx300. Does it make any sense to upgrade? Figured you would have some insights into this. Thanks all. Going to cross post on the 320maxx ti forum.
dx300 to dx300max is a noticeable upgrade, more so to the 320max. best if you can demo first and see if you like the size of the max series. they are quite huge.

Aug 7, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #14,393 of 14,609
Hey gang. A couple questions.

First, I’m still happily on the last firmware for android 9. I mostly use mango or uapp, and I still enjoy that a lot. Will I see a benefit to upgrading to 11? I know there were some initial issues with it, not sure if it’s worth upgrading at the risk of introducing issues.

Second - how’s the dx320 vs dx300? Is the consensus that it’s an improvement or just slightly different?

Thanks!

Aug 9, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #14,394 of 14,609
Hey gang. A couple questions.

First, I’m still happily on the last firmware for android 9. I mostly use mango or uapp, and I still enjoy that a lot. Will I see a benefit to upgrading to 11? I know there were some initial issues with it, not sure if it’s worth upgrading at the risk of introducing issues.

Second - how’s the dx320 vs dx300? Is the consensus that it’s an improvement or just slightly different?

Thanks!
I upgraded to Android 11 on both my dx300s for one reason only: to get the 80 percent charge limiter that is effective at stopping charging on both the digital and analog batteries at 80 percent. The downside, likely because I did not to a factory reset afterward, is that the digital batteries on both dx300s will read artificially low on on every 2nd or 3rd startup. I remedy this by restarting the players with charger attached. I then remove the charger. This resets to the correct digital battery value.

Since I'm consistently able to regain correct battery values, I'm willing to live with this slight inconvenience over doing a factory reset. I wish to the avoid the previous issues getting APK Pure to get Google Play Store (I get Neutron Music Player with Google Play Store). I recall manually installing Google Play Store which was more complex than needed (and I didn't take notes!).

The upgrade to Android 11 was worth it to me to not always having the analog battery always charging to 100 percent and always being so much higher than digital.

Aug 9, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #14,395 of 14,609
My battery drain in standby is not artificial, after updating to Android 11 I have to power mine all the way down or else digital just dies overnight. But I'm willing to live with it for now my time is low and I'm not the best at that type of thing, and initially updating and resetting over and over again trying to fix that issue wore my patience haha.

Not sure why it does that but it could be some incompatibility with third party applications. It could also be I downloaded a bad version of the play store from apk which is weird and I don't know for sure. Contacted Ibasso directly and they said the issue had been resolved with their units and left it at that which was kinda discouraging but hey it does sound great.

Aug 9, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #14,396 of 14,609
My battery drain in standby is not artificial, after updating to Android 11 I have to power mine all the way down or else digital just dies overnight. But I'm willing to live with it for now my time is low and I'm not the best at that type of thing, and initially updating and resetting over and over again trying to fix that issue wore my patience haha.

Not sure why it does that but it could be some incompatibility with third party applications. It could also be I downloaded a bad version of the play store from apk which is weird and I don't know for sure. Contacted Ibasso directly and they said the issue had been resolved with their units and left it at that which was kinda discouraging but hey it does sound great.
The battery drains over night with the DX turned off?

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #14,397 of 14,609
Hi guys. Sincen I updated to android 11 I can't use UAPP, it just won't work. Does anyone have the same problem?
And anyone know if I can make a downgrade to make UAPP work again?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #14,398 of 14,609
The battery drains over night with the DX turned off?
No its only on standby as in screen off but not powered off all the way. It is very strange and could be a step I skipped in the update but I thought I was pretty thorough. I did my best haha I'll figure it out eventually but just been working a lot summer is brutal here and I'm ok with turning it off at night for now, the thing is awesome and I'm glad I have it. The amp with mine is also an earlier modified amp not sure if that would have anything to do with it either, it is digital drain so might not be likely.

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #14,399 of 14,609
No its only on standby as in screen off but not powered off all the way. It is very strange and could be a step I skipped in the update but I thought I was pretty thorough. I did my best haha I'll figure it out eventually but just been working a lot summer is brutal here and I'm ok with turning it off at night for now, the thing is awesome and I'm glad I have it. The amp with mine is also an earlier modified amp not sure if that would have anything to do with it either, it is digital drain so might not be likely.
Something is running in the background then. I have no apps on mine and will lose a few % over night but I shut it down most all the time. And then 1 to 0% loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back