iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 25, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #14,341 of 14,596
LOL I am still on the last update for 9 also. I don't see the need for 80% charging limit unless you either have it plugged in all the time, or don't use your DX enough to warrant not charging it to 100%. And it doesn't look like they fixed the reverse BT DAC issue (which would be a good reason for me to update). At some point I will update, but not for a time (I think). Who knows, I may change my mind at some point and just do it. :wink:
I forgot about that BT dac issue. It was one of the first things I tried to use when I got my dx300 and quickly realized it didn’t support it.

Not a big deal, it would be a nice to have feature vs need to have, but I would use it when I watched tv and so on.

May 26, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #14,342 of 14,596
I forgot about that BT dac issue. It was one of the first things I tried to use when I got my dx300 and quickly realized it didn’t support it.

Not a big deal, it would be a nice to have feature vs need to have, but I would use it when I watched tv and so on.
Oh, it does indeed support it. It just doesn't work as expected short of an android phone or the like. Of course what is the point in hooking it to your phone via BT? :wink: Anything that requires you to input a code, or otherwise acknowledge from the DX300 screen doesn't show up (like it was yanked from the normal OS functionality, like other things that really weren't needed).

When I want BT DAC capabilities for my TV, PC, or etc... I just use the Shanling M0... lol

Having said all that, I think I might be the only one that has complained about it. I have emailed iBasso twice and posted comments here and the DX320 thread multiple times (not in anger, mind you), and have never seen any results. @ Paul - iBasso DID comment once, and told me to email about it, to which I told him I had, but also I did again anyhow. :) Not a big deal for me either I suppose. I really only complain about it when I remember to.... hahaha

May 26, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #14,343 of 14,596
Oh, it does indeed support it. It just doesn't work as expected short of an android phone or the like. Of course what is the point in hooking it to your phone via BT? :wink: Anything that requires you to input a code, or otherwise acknowledge from the DX300 screen doesn't show up (like it was yanked from the normal OS functionality, like other things that really weren't needed).

When I want BT DAC capabilities for my TV, PC, or etc... I just use the Shanling M0... lol

Having said all that, I think I might be the only one that has complained about it. I have emailed iBasso twice and posted comments here and the DX320 thread multiple times (not in anger, mind you), and have never seen any results. @ Paul - iBasso DID comment once, and told me to email about it, to which I told him I had, but also I did again anyhow. :) Not a big deal for me either I suppose. I really only complain about it when I remember to.... hahaha
I actually did mention it to Paul ages ago - I’d definitely have a use case for it but it wasn’t why I bought the player so I just forgot about it. But it would be a cool feature I’d use occasionally. Would beat watching my TV with AirPods when I want to crank the sound up and my wife is home.

May 27, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #14,344 of 14,596
I actually did mention it to Paul ages ago - I’d definitely have a use case for it but it wasn’t why I bought the player so I just forgot about it. But it would be a cool feature I’d use occasionally. Would beat watching my TV with AirPods when I want to crank the sound up and my wife is home.
Oh, for sure, it would have a use case for me also. But, like your scenario, it wouldn't be a reason to not have gotten the player even if I didn't know it existed. As mentioned in my last post, if I want to do that, I will just use my M0 with any head gear (that has 3.5mm SE), or my older Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless. :wink:

I guess I only bring it up now and again because iBasso advertises the player to be able to do that, and it KINDA' does.... But when I think about a $99 player that can do it flawlessly OOTB, while my beautiful (almost flawless) player cannot but is supposed to, it gets me feeling a bit rebellious.... :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::beerchug:

May 27, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #14,345 of 14,596
Oh, for sure, it would have a use case for me also. But, like your scenario, it wouldn't be a reason to not have gotten the player even if I didn't know it existed. As mentioned in my last post, if I want to do that, I will just use my M0 with any head gear (that has 3.5mm SE), or my older Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless. :wink:

I guess I only bring it up now and again because iBasso advertises the player to be able to do that, and it KINDA' does.... But when I think about a $99 player that can do it flawlessly OOTB, while my beautiful (almost flawless) player cannot but is supposed to, it gets me feeling a bit rebellious.... :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::beerchug:
I haven’t followed the 320 discussion, have you? Is the implementation working properly in that?

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #14,347 of 14,596
My dx300 looks bricked. It's not responding to any mode key combinations. Should I ask the service@ibasso for your address?
I might be having the same issue. My DX300 was working fine last week but this week, even having it plugged into a charger, the battery remained the same, instead of charging back up. Then today, I unplugged it and the battery number counted down rapidly going from 35 percent to 33 to 30 in a matter of seconds and then within 30 seconds reached 0 and shut off. Now when I plug in the USB charging cable, there is absolutely 0 reaction from the unit, no battery charging indicator, nothing. I am not sure if the battery just bricked or what. Pressing the power button and forward button does nothing. Thoughts?

Jun 7, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #14,348 of 14,596
I might be having the same issue. My DX300 was working fine last week but this week, even having it plugged into a charger, the battery remained the same, instead of charging back up. Then today, I unplugged it and the battery number counted down rapidly going from 35 percent to 33 to 30 in a matter of seconds and then within 30 seconds reached 0 and shut off. Now when I plug in the USB charging cable, there is absolutely 0 reaction from the unit, no battery charging indicator, nothing. I am not sure if the battery just bricked or what. Pressing the power button and forward button does nothing. Thoughts?
It COULD be a battery issue (I doubt that it is bricked or anything like that), but I would make sure the cable (or charging brick) isn't the cause before I dug into that particular issue.

Jun 12, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #14,350 of 14,596
Finally got my replacement battery. I changed it myself (and broke what I believe is the 5ghz antenna for wifi). hopefully this finally fixes the battery issues I've been having for a while now

Well, it barely fixed anything... 15% digital battery loss in 20 minutes
It works fine in stand-by mode (1% in 8 hours), but the moment I launch a music player app (tried poweramp, mango and hiby), the drain begins
I don't even know if a factory reset will be any useful at this point. The only thing I haven't tried is going back to android 9
@Paul - iBasso any suggestion?

Jun 14, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #14,352 of 14,596
Is Mango OS known for depleting battery life? I usually listen on android OS but last night put an album up on a full charge in Mango OS. The sound was awesome as always and I think a little better than Mango in Android, but this morning my analog battery was 90, but digital 60. Not sure why, I’ll charge it up and just leave it sitting without the charger for the rest of the day and see if the battery level drains again.

If it does, I’ll just use the Android side - it seems to work fine for me.

Jun 19, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #14,353 of 14,596
Folks, I have a query on AMP12 lineout... With Ibasso DXMax series, they usually provide 4.4 mm to 3.5 mm interconnect cable, to convert balanced line out to single ended line out. Can I use the same cable with AMP12 balanced line out to convert it to single ended lineout. I am having an amplifier that does not have balanced line in. Hence asking for some feedback.

IBASSO DX220MAX USER MANUAL.JPG

Jun 20, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #14,355 of 14,596
Folks, I have a query on AMP12 lineout... With Ibasso DXMax series, they usually provide 4.4 mm to 3.5 mm interconnect cable, to convert balanced line out to single ended line out. Can I use the same cable with AMP12 balanced line out to convert it to single ended lineout. I am having an amplifier that does not have balanced line in. Hence asking for some feedback.

IBASSO DX220MAX USER MANUAL.JPG
Yes you can. I would highly suggest the iBasso adapter you were describing. You can get them elswhere also, but some have been proven to not be wired correctly for the purpose, and can lead to damage to your system...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back