iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 18, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #14,326 of 14,593
I didn't update it to the latest. I'll do that and try reinsterting the AMP14 after work thank you!
You need to be on the latest firmware ibasso has on their site.

May 18, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #14,327 of 14,593
I recently picked up a used DX300 and it is sounding great with my Cayin C9 and Abyss Diana V2. I decided to try out an AMP14 with my DX300 so I ordered one off Amazon and just stuck it in and something weird is going on. I'm getting sound out of only the LO port, nothing is coming out if I plug into the PO port. Anyone seen this before? Am I just missing some setting or did I get a defective amp?
Congrats on your new (used) shiny! :)

You have to be on (at least) version 1.07.390 (the final FW that is not android 11) for Amp14 support.

May 19, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #14,332 of 14,593
I got back into my 2 channel system and my daps have just been sitting. I've gone crazy with my home system. Now I'm trying to enjoy both again.
AHHH... Well, then you have something totally new to listen to then. The Amp12 card is the "analytical" of the current amp cards for the DX300. For some reason Amp12 is considered smoother and more laid back on the DX320.

I miss a good 2 channel system. All of my systems are of the "surround" type, which is fine, but I am an older "fart" and remember when 2 channel was all that you could get, and you didn't have to pay "out the wazoo" to get a respectable one.

May 19, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #14,333 of 14,593
A little screw got loose inside (it happened to my old DX160), and for a device at that price, that is just unacceptable
I'll will open the device, already have a debonder, but I need some glue recommendation to close it back

May 19, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #14,334 of 14,593
A little screw got loose inside (it happened to my old DX160), and for a device at that price, that is just unacceptable
I'll will open the device, already have a debonder, but I need some glue recommendation to close it back
You use the same glue they use on cell phone backs. I have some here, B-7000 glue. I got it on Amazon. And anything regardless of price can have this happen. I have nice Swiss watches, they have been sent in for parts issues. My Supra 2020. It happens. Very nice when it doesn't and frustrating when it does but stuff happens. At least it isn't hard to fix.

May 24, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #14,336 of 14,593
Android 11,V2.02 May 23rd, 2023 Download:

https://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX300FW-ota-v2.02.zip

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Support for AAC protocol when working as a Bluetooth DAC. (Android OS)
2. Improved the USB DAC compatibility.
3. Improved the USB digital output compatibility.

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX300_full_ota_2.02.134.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX300's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX300 after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #14,337 of 14,593
I’m happily still on OS 9. Other than limiting charging to 80%, any benefit to updating? Sometimes it’s best not to mess with what works. Last time I checked these forums was early Jan. Pleased to see OS 11 did in fact launch!

Anyone get it to work with android car play?

May 25, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #14,338 of 14,593
I opened the device, and I think the lost screw is lodged under the main pcb. It doesn't do any sound if I shake it around, and can't see it
Is it ok to leave it like that, or is there a shorting risk? Removing the battery was easy but the PCB is not something I feel like messing with

May 25, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #14,339 of 14,593
I opened the device, and I think the lost screw is lodged under the main pcb. It doesn't do any sound if I shake it around, and can't see it
Is it ok to leave it like that, or is there a shorting risk? Removing the battery was easy but the PCB is not something I feel like messing with

Well nevermind, I slightly lifted the PCB and can't see any screw. Guess it fell down during the opening operation or something

May 25, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #14,340 of 14,593
I’m happily still on OS 9. Other than limiting charging to 80%, any benefit to updating? Sometimes it’s best not to mess with what works. Last time I checked these forums was early Jan. Pleased to see OS 11 did in fact launch!

Anyone get it to work with android car play?
LOL I am still on the last update for 9 also. I don't see the need for 80% charging limit unless you either have it plugged in all the time, or don't use your DX enough to warrant not charging it to 100%. And it doesn't look like they fixed the reverse BT DAC issue (which would be a good reason for me to update). At some point I will update, but not for a time (I think). Who knows, I may change my mind at some point and just do it. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back