iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 8, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #14,311 of 14,593
Lol, instead of making a decent working dap,
We need to perform all these extra steps to make our little music playing devices work.
Excuse me for interfering with discussion here.
Only if you want to update it from the OG version it shipped with 3 years ago, and it isn't to make anything "work", it is just to update it and add new features. It is/was in (near) perfect working order OOTB; at least it was for me and many others that have bought it. Even then, once you know how to do it, it is pretty simple moving forward. :wink:

You're not interfering, you are simply speaking your mind, even though I (respectfully) disagree with you on this. Of all the DAPs I have owned, this one has worked OOTB the best, and had the least issues of them all. I have never had one single DAP that hasn't had SOME issues.

May 14, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #14,312 of 14,593
I'm attempting to rip my redbook collection to a 1tb micro sd card. I'm using exact audio copy and saving a WAV file to the micro sd. I'm confused on where to or how to store them on the card so they can be easily accessed and properly cataloged.

The dx300 will not search or recognize the artist or album. All I get is a list of the individual tracks. It doesn't displayed the proper album art either. I just loaded the more cds onto the sd card and it displays the album art from the first one for all of them.

I have to store the albums outside of the music file on the sd card for them to even be playable. I can move them to the dx300 internal storage but there's hardly enough room for all my cds...

At no time can I access them with the mango player outside of android either. Meaning, I can't long press the power button and go "To Mango" and see any of the music on my sd card. Is there a guide somewhere that I can reference on how to store the files so they can be searched by artist or album? Right now it's pretty frustrating.

Is there another program other than exact audio copy that I should be using? Also, is FLAC the way to go over WAV? Is there a noticing difference? I don't mind buying more micro sd cards if WAV is the way to go...

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #14,313 of 14,593
I'm attempting to rip my redbook collection to a 1tb micro sd card. I'm using exact audio copy and saving a WAV file to the micro sd. I'm confused on where to or how to store them on the card so they can be easily accessed and properly cataloged.

The dx300 will not search or recognize the artist or album. All I get is a list of the individual tracks. It doesn't displayed the proper album art either. I just loaded the more cds onto the sd card and it displays the album art from the first one for all of them.

I have to store the albums outside of the music file on the sd card for them to even be playable. I can move them to the dx300 internal storage but there's hardly enough room for all my cds...

At no time can I access them with the mango player outside of android either. Meaning, I can't long press the power button and go "To Mango" and see any of the music on my sd card. Is there a guide somewhere that I can reference on how to store the files so they can be searched by artist or album? Right now it's pretty frustrating.

Is there another program other than exact audio copy that I should be using? Also, is FLAC the way to go over WAV? Is there a noticing difference? I don't mind buying more micro sd cards if WAV is the way to go...

Thanks for any help.
Your problem is in saving them as a WAV file. They don't hold the tags. Use FLAC (also losseless but compressed). They not only store tags, including album art, lyrics, etc... but because they are compressed, they will be smaller files.

And for ripping from a CD there are many apps that you can use for this, but for my needs, and from a PC Mediamonkey does the job best for me. You can also use the built-in MediaPlayer in Microsoft to do it, though it takes longer (IMHO). This is all assuming you are using Windows.

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #14,314 of 14,593
Your problem is in saving them as a WAV file. They don't hold the tags. Use FLAC (also losseless but compressed). They not only store tags, including album art, lyrics, etc... but because they are compressed, they will be smaller files.

And for ripping from a CD there are many apps that you can use for this, but for my needs, and from a PC Mediamonkey does the job best for me. You can also use the built-in MediaPlayer in Microsoft to do it, though it takes longer (IMHO). This is all assuming you are using Windows.
Thanks for the info. Indeed, I am using a Microsoft pc. I downloaded mediamonkey and couldn't get it to open on my windows 7 machine. My windows 10 machine doesn't have a cd drive.

I tried to configure EAC to rip FLAC files. It rips them fine but I still don't get the correct album art to display.

May 16, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #14,315 of 14,593
Thanks for the info. Indeed, I am using a Microsoft pc. I downloaded mediamonkey and couldn't get it to open on my windows 7 machine. My windows 10 machine doesn't have a cd drive.

I tried to configure EAC to rip FLAC files. It rips them fine but I still don't get the correct album art to display.
Just put the album art image in the folder.

May 16, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #14,316 of 14,593
Late to the party. Just picked up this flawless DX300 for a screaming deal. My first DAP. Replaces my iFI Gryphon and phone combo. This is an end game portable set-up for me. DX300, Amp12 and Noble Audio Kublai Khan. Checks all the boxes for me. This is as close to my Hifi system as I've ever heard. Can't stop listening to it.
20230515_213438.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #14,317 of 14,593
Late to the party. Just picked up this flawless DX300 for a screaming deal. My first DAP. Replaces my iFI Gryphon and phone combo. This is an end game portable set-up for me. DX300, Amp12 and Noble Audio Kublai Khan. Checks all the boxes for me. This is as close to my Hifi system as I've ever heard. Can't stop listening to it.
20230515_213438.jpg

Lamb of God too 👍

May 16, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #14,318 of 14,593

Well, if you are ripping all those CDs you will be at the mercy of whatever online database the app uses for album art, and other data. This is one of the reasons I chose Mediamonkey, it has several databases it pulls from, not just the one that most others tend to use. Your best bet is to download and use a version 4 Mediamonkey. I am not sure that 5 (the newest rev) is compatible with Windows 7 or not.
20230515_213438.jpg
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

You picked a VERY good DAP as your first one IMHO. I love it so much, that I don't even have any desktop equipment, and the DX300 is versatile that I don't even need it.

May 16, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #14,320 of 14,593
I've been following prices of DX300s & DX320s, and thinking of upgrading (or side-grading?) to a DX320. There are some good deals to be had on DX300s, whilest DX320s are quite a bit more expensive. Makes me think I should stick with the DX300.

The DX300 must feel like quite an upgrade compared to the iFi. I've owned a few iFi devices (iDSD Signature, go blu, and tried a Diablo) and they weren't my cup of tea.

May 16, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #14,321 of 14,593
I've been following prices of DX300s & DX320s, and thinking of upgrading (or side-grading?) to a DX320. There are some good deals to be had on DX300s, whilest DX320s are quite a bit more expensive. Makes me think I should stick with the DX300.

The DX300 must feel like quite an upgrade compared to the iFi. I've owned a few iFi devices (iDSD Signature, go blu, and tried a Diablo) and they weren't my cup of tea.
I think that the brand new price for the DX300 was a really good deal. I can only imagine how good the used price deals are. :)

May 17, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #14,322 of 14,593

I actually preferred the sound of the DX300 over the DX320 with the AMP12. Was fortunate enough to be able to listen to both before I made my choice. Saved me a bunch of money.....for now. Will wait and see what else comes out in the future. 😀

May 18, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #14,323 of 14,593
I recently picked up a used DX300 and it is sounding great with my Cayin C9 and Abyss Diana V2. I decided to try out an AMP14 with my DX300 so I ordered one off Amazon and just stuck it in and something weird is going on. I'm getting sound out of only the LO port, nothing is coming out if I plug into the PO port. Anyone seen this before? Am I just missing some setting or did I get a defective amp?

May 18, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #14,324 of 14,593
I recently picked up a used DX300 and it is sounding great with my Cayin C9 and Abyss Diana V2. I decided to try out an AMP14 with my DX300 so I ordered one off Amazon and just stuck it in and something weird is going on. I'm getting sound out of only the LO port, nothing is coming out if I plug into the PO port. Anyone seen this before? Am I just missing some setting or did I get a defective amp?
Is the DX300 on the latest firmware? Also, take the AMP14 out and reinsert it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back