iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 16, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #14,056 of 14,596
Good idea. Results?
Ok so far it seems to be all good. The battery levels aren't dropping so fast anymore.
At the very beginning the digital battery was charging super fast, from 0% to 30% in 20 minutes, but it slowed down around the 70% mark
The strange thing is that before android 11, the analog battery would charge first, then the digital one.
When both batteries reached 100%, I turned on the device and the analog was at 96%. Turned off, charged again. turned on again 98%. After at third time they were both a 100%.
In the end it took around 2h30 for a total charge, which is, I believe, the normal time it takes for a full charge.
I hope this will be enough to calibrate both batteries

Jan 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #14,057 of 14,596
I am confident these bugs will be addressed and the new firmware will eventually be safe. In the meantime, I am very curious about the perceived increase in sound quality with 11. Can anyone who noticed this please elaborate on how the sound changed? This would help me decided whether to upgrade at this point or not. Thank you.

Jan 16, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #14,058 of 14,596
Jan 16, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #14,059 of 14,596
I have had my DX300 off and also put it in standby and I am not getting any appreciable drain. I don't understand why, since it seems so many are. I checked again to make sure I am on the latest FW and I am.

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #14,060 of 14,596
No battery drain problem on my DX300, after upgrading via OTA and performing a factory reset via recovery mode afterwards.

AMP12EXN on.

Edit : had my first battery drain on Jan. 18

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #14,061 of 14,596
In standby, which I never use but trying it all this morning, it looks like there will be about a 4% loss a day with the latest firmware. When the unit is off, I get no noticeable battery decrease. I was at 91% (digital and analog is 100%) and wondering why it would not charge when I put it on the charger, and then realized I had 1. turned it off at the % and 2. I changed the battery mode to charge to 80%. So everything is working correctly.

***edit: I checked again on standby and after around 7 hours the the digital battery has gone down to 90% from 91% and the analog battery is still at 100%. This is the current latest firmware.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #14,062 of 14,596
Urrgghhh…. Updated to 11, all was fine, noticed the battery was draining faster than anticipated, powered off to prepare for a recovery boot to default it, and nothing.

Won’t boot any longer I plug into my PC and hear the usb connect sound but no devices show in adb or the qfil/qpst apps.

Tried plugging in with the forward button held. Unsure what steps to take next other than to leave it unplugged for a few days and see it resets once the battery drains.

Jan 16, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #14,063 of 14,596
Urrgghhh…. Updated to 11, all was fine, noticed the battery was draining faster than anticipated, powered off to prepare for a recovery boot to default it, and nothing.

Won’t boot any longer I plug into my PC and hear the usb connect sound but no devices show in adb or the qfil/qpst apps.

Tried plugging in with the forward button held. Unsure what steps to take next other than to leave it unplugged for a few days and see it resets once the battery drains.
I would do a 20 second or so push on the power button to get it to shut down and turn on or get it to shut down then hold the forward button and plug it into a charger and hold that until the screen turn on then use the volume control to go up and down and go to reset and push the power button to reset the DX300. You can also clear cache with this menu.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #14,065 of 14,596
Anyone with Dx300 + Android 11 running into battery issues after factory reset? I’m wondering if i should just go back to the previous android version. Just updated to android 11 on my dx300 and the battery life is horrible. Unit heats up and both analog and digital battery is draining without any usage.
Same here. Having way faster battery drain than on the previous android 9 version when idle so now i shut it down when not in use. (but that is kind of annoying)

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #14,066 of 14,596
Nothing after holding in the power or any combo of buttons.
Try leaving it plugged into a computer. The lower current from the computer can often wake up the system. Leave it for a few hours then try it again.

I am baffled why my DX300 has zero issues with the latest FW. It works fine on Android 11.

I also have the WiFi and Bt off.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #14,067 of 14,596
Same here so far. 6hrs in standby. Analog dropped 0%, digital dropped 3%. Upgraded via OTA zip, and did not factory reset after.

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #14,069 of 14,596
I am confident these bugs will be addressed and the new firmware will eventually be safe. In the meantime, I am very curious about the perceived increase in sound quality with 11. Can anyone who noticed this please elaborate on how the sound changed? This would help me decided whether to upgrade at this point or not. Thank you.
Since i just got back to android 9, the sound i find on 11 before was fuller. The mids and mid bass were more present on 11. It feels louder a bit, or more powerful is the word..?

The older android 9 sound feels cleaner and wider though. Its very transparent.. and i realized i loved it too once i rolled back to 9.

All these are on amp12 btw.

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #14,070 of 14,596
Try leaving it plugged into a computer. The lower current from the computer can often wake up the system. Leave it for a few hours then try it again.

I am baffled why my DX300 has zero issues with the latest FW. It works fine on Android 11.

I also have the WiFi and Bt off.
Just curious, are you using google play store or apk pure on yr Dx300 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back