iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 15, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #14,026 of 14,596
has anyone noticed the dx300 battery drops fast, not using it at standby after the android 11 update?

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #14,027 of 14,596
has anyone noticed the dx300 battery drops fast, not using it at standby after the android 11 update?
I updated the other day and it is doing fine with the battery.

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #14,028 of 14,596
I updated the other day and it is doing fine with the battery.
that's good to know. maybe a factory reset will fix my problem.

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #14,030 of 14,596
same here with amp12 analog power consumption never stop draining even in standby mode. Now I am back to android 10 V1.7 problem gone.
i think this might help. i just reinstalled the same android 11 updates again, and the battery drain problem on standby is now gone.

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #14,031 of 14,596
i think this might help. i just reinstalled the same android 11 updates again, and the battery drain problem on standby is now gone.
Thank you for the advice , but I was trying to update via 660 tool or ota update many times and also factory reset, it didn't help at all then I'm stick with android 10 until ibasso team back next month T-T. PS I do like the sound in android 11 I think it's warmer fuller and more bass than android 10.

Jan 15, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #14,032 of 14,596
Thank you for the advice , but I was trying to update via 660 tool or ota update many times and also factory reset, it didn't help at all then I'm stick with android 10 until ibasso team back next month T-T. PS I do like the sound in android 11 I think it's warmer fuller and more bass than android 10.
Try doing a factory reset from the Recovery Mode. I have found the to work when sometimes even the Factory tool doesn't work.

Jan 15, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #14,033 of 14,596
Yes, but I kinda had this problem already before android 11. The device would, sometimes, charge suspiciously fast, then the battery indicator would drop as fast, and restarting would show the correct %.
I suppose (and I hope) that is is a battery calibration issue.
Right now I'm emptying both batteries to 0% in order to calibrate the thing properly

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #14,034 of 14,596
Yesterday I installed 11 android and the batteries were discharged overnight in standby mode to 20% analog and 10% digital. Previously, no more than 4-5% of the charge from the digital battery was taken per day. I stitched through the computer. Something is wrong with this 11 android. I'll try to reinstall the firmware again. If it does not help, then I will return to android 9. If someone has a firmware for a computer, then give a link, please. Paul removed from the first post.
Sorry for my english. Translated using google translate.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #14,035 of 14,596
Yesterday I installed 11 android and the batteries were discharged overnight in standby mode to 20% analog and 10% digital. Previously, no more than 4-5% of the charge from the digital battery was taken per day. I stitched through the computer. Something is wrong with this 11 android. I'll try to reinstall the firmware again. If it does not help, then I will return to android 9. If someone has a firmware for a computer, then give a link, please. Paul removed from the first post.
turns out my both my dx300 are also showing the same behaviour, after charging to 80/80 this noon, i turned the unit off, when i turned it on again on the evening @17.30 (so about 5 to 6 hours after charge), the battery shows 76/73. it's draining while the unit is completely off. wierd. it never did this before on last firmware.

is there any way to roll back to the previous firmware? i have to 660 tool but don't have the image file for the previous firmware.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #14,036 of 14,596
I also noticed that both the digital and analogue batteries drain - I could understand the digital battery draining due to some process continuing to run, but it's strange that the analogue battery also drains. Time to try a factory reset me thinks.
Another observation is that although the charge limiter works for both batteries when the devise is powered on, if you charge it when powered off if only applies to the digital battery; the analogue battery will charge to 100%.

I'm sure @Paul - iBasso will chime in soon.

Jan 16, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #14,038 of 14,596
I also noticed that both the digital and analogue batteries drain - I could understand the digital battery draining due to some process continuing to run, but it's strange that the analogue battery also drains. Time to try a factory reset me thinks.
Another observation is that although the charge limiter works for both batteries when the devise is powered on, if you charge it when powered off if only applies to the digital battery; the analogue battery will charge to 100%.

I'm sure @Paul - iBasso will chime in soon.
That's it. Tonight, after the update, both batteries were discharged. I did a factory reset after the firmware, but it did not help.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back