iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 12, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #13,982 of 14,593
There are a couple ways to shield the Korg tubes better. Or you can do both ?

1/ is the easiest one, and it helps out somewhat, not all. By disconnecting the tubes, cleaning up the adhesive, then use the spare one from Ibasso later.

After cleaning up the adhesive and have the tube out, apply Metal tape around the tube. If you want to see the glow, cut out the windows, if not, just cover it up. Make sure you don’t have the tape touching other legs, or you can play it safe by laptop tape first for insulation and then wrapping the tube

You can also ground the shield if you have the soldering skill

2/ This will be the better way, by having a thick metal back plate instead of the plastic back. It can be don’t by a couple ways, buyingthin aluminum sheet metal, cut it and slowly working your way to have it curved around the back nicely….the thinner the sheets is the better to curve it , apply couple layers.

Or have someone to 3D scan the back plate, CNC or 3D print on metal for the back :)

Ultimately the #2 helps a lot more like 90% where as #1 is about 35%

Doing both will have the interferences down to almost non existed
9E40EBA6-2358-4462-89AD-5BDC16C4AA0C.jpeg2541D98C-A86B-48A2-A196-EBD5AD038576.jpeg

Jan 12, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #13,983 of 14,593
I think it depends upon the sensitivity of the headphones or IEMs. I got a couple of little noises and that was it. I haven't had any interference for many, many days and even when I had it, it was quick and very low.

Jan 12, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #13,984 of 14,593
@Whitigir thank you for the photos and inspiration! I gave #1 a try with what I had on hand. I did a layer of non-conductive tape to cover the front, back, sides, and top. Then I did a layer of FlexFix 555 181b-fx, front, back, sides, and top (technically the front and back I did 2 when covering the top which probably worked out for the best as the metatic layer in this tape is directional so the back and front will have almost a grid Faraday like pattern). So all sides covered except the side with the flex cable board. Since I had also already used the replacement adhesive, I also switched out to some double sided silicon adhesive tape to affix the nutube back. That seemed to be more in line with the silicon other manufactures use to isolate the tube from shock.

So far, about 30min in, I think that may have done the trick. Even running speedtests while listening, the noise is almost all the way gone (definitely much closer to the noise floor and further away from listening level. On my Zen Pro, where I can actually hear the volume steps changing, Wi-Fi noise is now about 1/16 of that noise level, before it was about 1.5x.

IMG_0195.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #13,985 of 14,593
@Whitigir thank you for the photos and inspiration! I gave #1 a try with what I had on hand. I did a layer of non-conductive tape to cover the front, back, sides, and top. Then I did a layer of FlexFix 555 181b-fx, front, back, sides, and top (technically the front and back I did 2 when covering the top which probably worked out for the best as the metatic layer in this tape is directional so the back and front will have almost a grid Faraday like pattern). So all sides covered except the side with the flex cable board. Since I had also already used the replacement adhesive, I also switched out to some double sided silicon adhesive tape to affix the nutube back. That seemed to be more in line with the silicon other manufactures use to isolate the tube from shock.

So far, about 30min in, I think that may have done the trick. Even running speedtests while listening, the noise is almost all the way gone (definitely much closer to the noise floor and further away from listening level. On my Zen Pro, where I can actually hear the volume steps changing, Wi-Fi noise is now about 1/16 of that noise level, before it was about 1.5x.

Yes, I also recommend the silicon double side tapes!! Amazing tapes for mounting tubes , capacitors etc!!

I am glad it works out for your situation ! Nice job and great looking there! Enjoy !!

Jan 13, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #13,987 of 14,593
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 13, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #13,988 of 14,593
Jan 13, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #13,990 of 14,593
Jan 13, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #13,991 of 14,593
Jan 13, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #13,993 of 14,593
I'm completely unfamiliar with how to do this update . Won't this show up as a firmware update in the updater on the DX300? It doesnt show there.

I downloaded it to my mac . Can i use the Android file transfer tool to move it to the DX300? Where do I put the unzipped file on the DX300?
Download the second file from Paul's post and unzip it. You'll see a zip file plus a readme. Copy the zip to the root of the DX300's internal storage.
Go to the updater and select the 3 dots menu, internal update. Once you have done that, just tap on 'internal storage' and the update should start.

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #13,995 of 14,593
Much respect to @Paul - iBasso and iBasso! They said 11 was coming and they kept to it. And on a Friday so we get to play with it all weekend!

Was able to upgrade without issues using the OTA zip.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back