iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 24, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #13,936 of 14,593
just got the amp14 today after listening to it in store. Its a interesting mix of full body smooth sound with good undering texture for the dx300.

What i like best about amp14 is how "fast" it is being able to stop on a dime when needed but always having that smoothness.

Quite a mid centric amp. Boots vocals abit too front for my tastes but with the increased stage it isnt that bad.

The best non amp part of the amp14 package is the tpu case that lets you actually be able to use the side buttons unlike the stock case and doesnt slide off due to being fully surrounded.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #13,937 of 14,593
just got the amp14 today after listening to it in store. Its a interesting mix of full body smooth sound with good undering texture for the dx300.

What i like best about amp14 is how "fast" it is being able to stop on a dime when needed but always having that smoothness.

Quite a mid centric amp. Boots vocals abit too front for my tastes but with the increased stage it isnt that bad.

The best non amp part of the amp14 package is the tpu case that lets you actually be able to use the side buttons unlike the stock case and doesnt slide off due to being fully surrounded.
Yeah… the TPU case is so that the DX320 owners can see the nutubes glow when they come on through the window at the back of the case. But it is also great for the DX300.

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #13,938 of 14,593
AFAIK there is no way to apply "custom" pre-gain. I think that when turning EQ or PEQ on, the app automatically adds a -6dB pre-gain.

Having said that, have you tried using subtractive EQ rather than additive?
with the old firmware that was the case, i.e. there was a fixed pregain (think was more than -6db) with both eq and peq, but unfortunately no more the case with the new fw's (not sure about the very latest one, still haven't tried). sure with peq there is definitely no pregain, I will try with eq.

doing a purely subctractive peq it's not so easy/immediate for me, so haven't tried...

Dec 24, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #13,939 of 14,593
Some time ago an app or plugin for Android was published here that allowed you to put some buttons to increase and decrease the volume in the bottom bar of Android (next to the back, home and multitasking button).

I don't remember if it was a link to Reddit...

I can't find it, and I would like to install it on my DX170.
Does anyone know of the app or plugin I'm talking about, and can give me some indication?

Thank you !

Dec 24, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #13,940 of 14,593
Some time ago an app or plugin for Android was published here that allowed you to put some buttons to increase and decrease the volume in the bottom bar of Android (next to the back, home and multitasking button).

I don't remember if it was a link to Reddit...

I can't find it, and I would like to install it on my DX170.
Does anyone know of the app or plugin I'm talking about, and can give me some indication?

Thank you !
I don't remember that particular app, but I use one on my DX160 that simply adds an icon to the desktop that opens up the system volume slider when ran. A simple google play store search will reveal quite a few that might serve that purpose, though the one you are talking about seems pretty nice also.

Having said that, the app you are talking about seems as if you need root access to function (adding controls in the nav bar). At least that has always been my experience, and I could be totally wrong.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #13,943 of 14,593
They've been available on aliexpress for a while now, but have managed to resist so far.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002732868502.html
I didn't know that, but I will still probably wait until it is available locally simply so I can send it for repairs if need be (in an easier way). Thanks for sharing. :)
BTW anyone with the amp14 on dx300 have the issue that the max volume is significantly less than on the dx320\than with the amp11mk2.
Not that I'm complaining as it gives more granular control for items which I mainly use it on but it might potentially affect demoing harder to drive headphones
Amp14 card puts out less power than the Amp11 MK2S (or the Amp11 MK2) out of PO. IIRC it is something like 300mW to 400mW difference.

Dec 26, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #13,945 of 14,593
Still no news on the upgrade to Android 11 for the DX300? Makes me wonder if i should even buy more modules.
Yes there usable in the DX320 but thats also 2 Android versions behind.
All of the amp modules (even the stock 11.2S) is compatible in the DX300. They just released a new FW for the DX300 so that the Amp14 card is compatible.

I don't see the (future) amp cards being an issue with the DX300. It is not dependent on the version of android that is on the device. For me, I really don't care if I get android 11 or not (it would be nice, but not necessary for me)? There isn't a super significant difference between the versions that make it mandatory for me (at least where the DX300 is concerned). Yes, you lose out on about 1 year of security updates, but I never use the DX for anything but music, and I don't care about security (I keep no account information, or CC info stored on the device, other than Amazon Music login). I don't even use a lock screen or login credentials to login to the device itself. Why would I do that? It is purely a music player, and I have a phone to do all the personal stuff that might need to be locked behind any sort of security.

As for streaming apps becoming non-compatible, I am not really worried about that either. I have the DX160 (2019 version), and it still runs on android 8.1, and it is fine with Amazon Music (which is really the only streaming service I use). Heck, I use my Samsung Note 4 sometimes as a source for Amazon Music, and it is still on 4.1.1 (Kit Kat).

But as usual YMMV!

Dec 26, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #13,947 of 14,593
the DX300 came out the beginning of 2021 and yet its already not being produced. Thats not a long time so I fully expect Android 11 to come soon
for an item that in less than 2 years was discontinued. I want to be able to use Android Auto in the car so i can keep my eyes on the road which is a little important.
The current Android on the DX300 cannot run Android Auto but the Hiby Daps can.

If Ibasso is going to discontinue items this quickly I will have to reconsider buying their products.

Dec 26, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #13,948 of 14,593
the DX300 came out the beginning of 2021 and yet its already not being produced. Thats not a long time so I fully expect Android 11 to come soon
for an item that in less than 2 years was discontinued. I want to be able to use Android Auto in the car so i can keep my eyes on the road which is a little important.
The current Android on the DX300 cannot run Android Auto but the Hiby Daps can.

If Ibasso is going to discontinue items this quickly I will have to reconsider buying their products.
The DX300 was discontinued because of the famous chip shortage.
No more CS flagship chips to produce the DX300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back