iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 2, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #13,516 of 14,593
Turn the wifi off. The AK with the Nutube does the same thing. Tubes can pick up RF very easily. In the military we used metal shields for tubes but not really practical in most applications like these tiny daps (by comparison).
Yep. Kind of defeats the purpose of a DAP mostly used with streaming services.

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #13,517 of 14,593
Yep. Kind of defeats the purpose of a DAP mostly used with streaming services.
Yes and no. Some have reported that after a period of time, they don't hear it much. Seems to change with burn in? I don't do much streaming and the AMp13 is well worth it. Exceptional sounding. A buddy who has "everything" in daps, was blown away. Excellent sound.

Jul 2, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #13,518 of 14,593
How does the DX300 compare to the Cayin N6ii? I have the R01, A01, and T01. I looked a bit through the thread and only found a little bit of info.
I never heard the DX300 but I've auditioned the DX320 and I own the N6ii. I have no doubt that I will be getting the DX320 after hearing it stock and briefly with AMP13. Note that I only have the stock module for the N6ii.

Jul 3, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #13,519 of 14,593
How does the DX300 compare to the Cayin N6ii? I have the R01, A01, and T01. I looked a bit through the thread and only found a little bit of info.

I found this in an old review:

DX300 vs Cayin N6ii w/E02 – These two actually stack up very close in sound comparison. I ended up doing quite a few blind tests, and the only deciding factor here was N6ii w/E02 having slightly more bass impact while DX300 having a little wider soundstage. Otherwise, both have a very similar tonality around their mids/vocals, similar treble response, similar dynamics, and aside from some small variation in bass and soundstage, they come close. They even have the same level of waterfall hissing with sensitive iems.

In terms of overall performance, N6ii has a slower processor and older Android OS, so DX300 has an edge here. Both have modular system with DX300 featuring amp modules while N6ii having dac/amp modules. Also, overall power output is higher in DX300 which going to push harder some of the more demanding headphones.

Source:
https://twister6.com/2021/04/02/ibasso-dx300/5/

Jul 3, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #13,521 of 14,593
Just bought the Amp 13 and noticing interference type distortion while playing songs. Anybody else having that sort of issue?
Yes and no. Some have reported that after a period of time, they don't hear it much. Seems to change with burn in? I don't do much streaming and the AMp13 is well worth it. Exceptional sounding. A buddy who has "everything" in daps, was blown away. Excellent sound.
Mine has mostly gone away also. If you are streaming, it usually only makes that crackling sound when buffering a song. Once done, it goes away. Bottom line is that if WiFi is actively uploading/downloading, you can expect to hear that sound (though most times very faint), and it does lessen over time as you burn-in the card (still there, just quieter).
I found this in an old review:

DX300 vs Cayin N6ii w/E02 – These two actually stack up very close in sound comparison. I ended up doing quite a few blind tests, and the only deciding factor here was N6ii w/E02 having slightly more bass impact while DX300 having a little wider soundstage. Otherwise, both have a very similar tonality around their mids/vocals, similar treble response, similar dynamics, and aside from some small variation in bass and soundstage, they come close. They even have the same level of waterfall hissing with sensitive iems.

In terms of overall performance, N6ii has a slower processor and older Android OS, so DX300 has an edge here. Both have modular system with DX300 featuring amp modules while N6ii having dac/amp modules. Also, overall power output is higher in DX300 which going to push harder some of the more demanding headphones.

Source:
https://twister6.com/2021/04/02/ibasso-dx300/5/
While I have not heard the Cayin, I can say that doing comparisons might be more complex than simply comparing them OOTB. I assume this was done with the factory amp cards?! Throwing in the Amp12 card changes the dynamics of the sound, plus quite a bit more power output available. Changing into the Amp13 card changes it again. It really is like having 3 DAPs in one.

I have all three cards, and they really are quite different from each other, not just a tiny change IMHO.

Jul 3, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #13,522 of 14,593
I am considering a use case like this with a desktop headphone amp. The amp12 with a dedicated balanced output seems like a better solution than using a headphone output with the software line out option. But still it's easy to make a mistake and accidentally use the wrong output port.

For a desktop setup, do you think it's any better to get a dedicated DAC? E.g. the new Topping A90 Discrete. I am considering a few options.

Option 1a: DX312 as the source + headphone amp.

Option 1b: Phone as the source + DX312 in USB (or BT) DAC mode + headphone amp.

Option 2: Phone + Topping A90 + headphone amp.

The first option (1a and 1b) looks more flexible. Unlike my new phone, the DX312 supports the SD card. It allows to save the phone battery while using the phone is still a possibility. The second option is more limited and expensive (considering I already own the DX300). But I wonder if it makes any sense in terms of sound quality.

On a side note, I am also looking at the new network players from Matrix Audio. They seem very interesting. But I am not sure I like all-in-one solutions.
I think it depends on your desktop needs, is it just HP or speakers as well?
I am currently using DX300 for both, so decided to buy dedicated DAC after comparing DX300 -> LO to my Atoll IN200 Signature vs DX300 -> SPDIF/USB to Atoll plug-in DAC card and preferring latter, now waiting for Musician Pegasus to come from Aoshida store.

So in the end DX300 DAC will be used only for portable setup, and iBasso unit will act as a pure DDC for Tidal / Apple Lossless streaming and FLAC/DSD files home listening feeding digital signal from SPDIF to a desktop R2R DAC.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #13,523 of 14,593
Just got the Amp 13! I plugged in my headphones, pressed play there was no sound. I plugged them into the higher voltage socket and music only came out of the left ear cup. Did a factory reset, same thing happened. Then I remember reading that the Amp 13 is not balanced. The 3.5mm interconnect I had on my headphones was TRRS. When I switched the interconnect to 3.5mm TRS it worked flawlessly. I'm really digging the Amp 13 sound signature. I got lucky. I bought the last blue one they had at Audio46 and it's still sold out!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #13,525 of 14,593
As though I'm following the DX320, the DX300, and the DX300 MAX threads simultaneously, I pretty much lost track whether DX300 is also affected by the newest firmware.

I didn't pay close attention as to whether the newest FW changed the sound as though my main focus was getting rid of DX300 freezing and bugging out. I could've done a factory reset, but decided to update to the newest FW anyway. Factory reset usually fixes things.

Can anyone confirm whether the DX300 is also affected?

Thanks =)

Jul 11, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #13,526 of 14,593
As though I'm following the DX320, the DX300, and the DX300 MAX threads simultaneously, I pretty much lost track whether DX300 is also affected by the newest firmware.

I didn't pay close attention as to whether the newest FW changed the sound as though my main focus was getting rid of DX300 freezing and bugging out. I could've done a factory reset, but decided to update to the newest FW anyway. Factory reset usually fixes things.

Can anyone confirm whether the DX300 is also affected?

Thanks =)
To my ears it is not different, though it DOES seem as though digital battery life was affected (less of it). Admittedly though, I have not done a factory reset after installing the newest FW for Amp13 functionality, so that could be negatively impacting my particular performance. I have too many EQ profiles in Neutron at this point (and there seems to be no export feature to save them).

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there IS a way to do this? Maybe via navigating to a hidden folder and finding an XML file or some such sillyness?

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #13,527 of 14,593
To my ears it is not different, though it DOES seem as though digital battery life was affected (less of it). Admittedly though, I have not done a factory reset after installing the newest FW for Amp13 functionality, so that could be negatively impacting my particular performance. I have too many EQ profiles in Neutron at this point (and there seems to be no export feature to save them).

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there IS a way to do this? Maybe via navigating to a hidden folder and finding an XML file or some such sillyness?

Exactly that, use a file browser to navigate to the NeutronMP folder and copy the eq_presets.xml to your microsd

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #13,528 of 14,593
With this new amp module, I can not think of anything portable out there that can utilize these advanced and newer components like the Dx300/320

This is a sneak peek portion of the continuing evolution of MuseX. This is a lot more expensive with higher upgrade (yes, the technical aspects of components, not the sound performances as a subjective matters). This is project Amp11Muse-XF

Utilizing Military Aerospace technology: Wet tantalum capacitors! This capacitor is Glass To Metal sealed, Suspended in a liquid solution of Water And electrolyte , mostly eliminating the piezoelectric effects while performing almost like a super capacitor. This is the one in Yellow Jacket . This one cost a gently $100-250 a pop depends on configuration 839DC885-F78C-4034-B98F-7FAEC803514A.jpeg

Silmic II with PML capacitors and Organic polymer !!! With UKW Nichicon highest audio grade

Attachments

• 1CA3365E-ED1F-456B-83FE-3C8484D8436C.jpeg
    1CA3365E-ED1F-456B-83FE-3C8484D8436C.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #13,529 of 14,593
Exactly that, use a file browser to navigate to the NeutronMP folder and copy the eq_presets.xml to your microsd
So, this will include the custom saved profiles? That is fantastic! Thanks very much for sharing. :L3000:
With this new amp module, I can not think of anything portable out there that can utilize these advanced and newer components like the Dx300/320

This is a sneak peek portion of the continuing evolution of MuseX. This is a lot more expensive with higher upgrade (yes, the technical aspects of components, not the sound performances as a subjective matters). This is project Amp11Muse-XF

Utilizing Military Aerospace technology: Wet tantalum capacitors! This capacitor is Glass To Metal sealed, Suspended in a liquid solution of Water And electrolyte , totally eliminating the piezoelectric effects while performing almost like a super capacitor. This is the one in Yellow Jacket . This one cost a gently $100-250 a pop depends on configuration 839DC885-F78C-4034-B98F-7FAEC803514A.jpeg

Silmic II with PML capacitors and Organic polymer !!! With UKW Nichicon highest audio grade
Wow! You are taking it to the next level, which I like. Is this mod going to be for all Amp11 cards, or just the Mark 1?

Maybe you should start a spreadsheet for people to access to better understand all the different mods (if you can find the time lol)?! Maybe throw it on google docs or something?!

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #13,530 of 14,593
So, this will include the custom saved profiles? That is fantastic! Thanks very much for sharing. :L3000:

Wow! You are taking it to the next level, which I like. Is this mod going to be for all Amp11 cards, or just the Mark 1?

Maybe you should start a spreadsheet for people to access to better understand all the different mods (if you can find the time lol)?! Maybe throw it on google docs or something?!
This is just for all Amp11, the Mark 2 will have a slightly different tuning than Mark 1, but I am taking it to the next level

Only Ibasso and their amp modules can receive these wonderful treatments due to 2 reasons

1/ Barely any heat dissipated from the excellent architectural and engineering design of Super Class A Discrete amplification

2/ Plenty of room for improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back