iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 16, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #11,581 of 14,593
Vision Ears EXT has been ordered! :) DX312+Socrates+EXT=Bliss.

Now, if I could just part with my amp12 long enough to get the EX mod...
Wow! 💸💸💸 😁

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #11,582 of 14,593
Just listened to Santan's Europe. Jesus, i have never heard electric guitars like this. At around 3 min the solo starts and it gave me spine thrills. Soooo clean and the electronic distortion on his guitar is extremely poignant. And i dont even listen to Santana.

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #11,583 of 14,593
I have achieved something akin to this with the 12EX. Albums I used to skip over a lot because of the genre or quality of the recording I have now rediscovered. I am able to find some sort of musical pleasure in all of them and it’s great because I have radically expanded my listening palette and unlocked aspects of songs I didn’t know were there. It is just about the music regardless of bitrate or instruments used. I am forming new opinions about artists and engineers that I had written off. It’s very cool.
That's it. That's what I was thinking also.

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #11,585 of 14,593
This shows that since the dac is on a flagship level, it doesnt matter if its ESS, Cirrus, AKM or whatever they have out there. The AMP plays the most significant role, cleaning out the signal, the capacitors extracting the pure analogue power, separating it from the battery power. The DAC signal is top notch and this makes me think twice before even considering going for the dx320.
At the moment we're all just speculating on what the 320 might be like. Until at the very least there are reviews I wouldn't even be thinking about whether to get one or not - I don't have enough money to have multiple players for fun and would only consider an upgrade if there was going to be a significant difference - as with the 12EXN.

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #11,586 of 14,593
The EXN has an exceptional technical capabilities. I know this song very well and before it was very nice but more like a wall of sound. Now i can't quite believe how separated, layered and controlled it sounds. I could seat with a glass of whisky and contemplate this song like i was hearing Mozart or Chopin. That's quite unbelievable.

Attachments

• 20220316_181824.jpg
    20220316_181824.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 16, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #11,587 of 14,593
The EXN has an exceptional technical capabilities. I know this song very well and before it was very nice but more like a wall of sound. Now i can't quite believe how separated, layered and controlled it sounds. I could seat with a glass of whisky and contemplate this song like i was hearing Mozart or Chopin. That's quite unbelievable.
Now You have my attention. Do You have Made some experiencing in Death thrash doom metal with exn?

Am still thinking about this:
Hi all. Was thinking about my 11.1 in the dust. It Would be difficult to sell it and with my amp12 with jhaudio roxanne Performance plus Silver Dragon fortunately I have no Bass Lacking.

Does anyone Know If There is a mod for 11.1 that should complement my amp12? Also for It's versitility with all the Jacks. Thx in advance

Mar 16, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #11,588 of 14,593
Now You have my attention. Do You have Made some experiencing in Death thrash doom metal with exn?

Am still thinking about this:
I didnt listen too much of a metal genre yet. But what i listened to, stunned me. Of course when its well recorded, the EXN shows it transparently. Like with the Opeth- these guys are hack of a musicians and sound engeneers so no wonder it sounds fabulous on the EXN. But didnt expect such a performance. I listened to all Metallica albums, some of the Nile, Behemoth, Morbid Angel and they all sounded beautiful, maybe perfect even? Actually everything sounds great with it:)

Mar 16, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #11,590 of 14,593
Hi all. Was thinking about my 11.1 in the dust. It Would be difficult to sell it and with my amp12 with jhaudio roxanne Performance plus Silver Dragon fortunately I have no Bass Lacking.

Does anyone Know If There is a mod for 11.1 that should complement my amp12? Also for It's versitility with all the Jacks. Thx in advance
Yes from Whitigir

Attachments

• AMP 11 Modified.jpeg
    AMP 11 Modified.jpeg
    962.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 16, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #11,594 of 14,593
I didnt listen too much of a metal genre yet. But what i listened to, stunned me. Of course when its well recorded, the EXN shows it transparently. Like with the Opeth- these guys are hack of a musicians and sound engeneers so no wonder it sounds fabulous on the EXN. But didnt expect such a performance. I listened to all Metallica albums, some of the Nile, Behemoth, Morbid Angel and they all sounded beautiful, maybe perfect even? Actually everything sounds great with it:)
Yes from Whitigir
Thx very much :)

Mar 17, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #11,595 of 14,593

Users who are viewing this thread

Back