iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 14, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #11,491 of 14,596
I don't know if you can do this - although you do say it used to do so. In the media library settings there's an option to guess metadata from the track filename - could it have been that? Worth trying? Is there a reason you don't set the metadata?
I have managed to do so again, by ticking "Ignore WAV metadata" in the Media Library settings (plus, some capitalization options which have no bearing) and nothing else. Seems to work (for now, at least). Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #11,492 of 14,596
I have managed to do so again, by ticking "Ignore WAV metadata" in the Media Library settings (plus, some capitalization options which have no bearing) and nothing else. Seems to work (for now, at least). Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
Oh WOW! Fantastic. Thanks for sharing how you made that happen. It's not like any of the settings in Neutron are confusing or misleading, or anything like that.... :)

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #11,494 of 14,596
Hehe, the price of great sound customizations, I guess, not spoonfeeding us :ksc75smile:.
But I like to be spoon-fed! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, and for a long time, there was no documentation either. Though, the forum serves as documentation nowadays.

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #11,495 of 14,596
Guys i really encourage you to try the EXNmod. I dont really know what is happening here but im not listening to the dap anymore. The weight of the sound is out of this world. Its heavy, intensive, boooold, textured and smoooth. Didnt expect such a change after 60h of burn in. I feel like im listening to a very high end tubes.
I got it before I even read here that this modification existed. I visited the NP site, saw that it was the most expensive modification and chose that one (lol). It's coming in days.
I wasn't too happy with the amp 11.2, the timbre seemed very artificial to me, a little metallic. It must be said that it is my first dap and that until yesterday I was using a desktop system with OTL tube amps.
I hope with the 12EXN to be able to make a qualitative leap especially in terms of timbral realism, the only aspect that really disappointed me.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #11,497 of 14,596
I got it before I even read here that this modification existed. I visited the NP site, saw that it was the most expensive modification and chose that one (lol). It's coming in days.
I wasn't too happy with the amp 11.2, the timbre seemed very artificial to me, a little metallic. It must be said that it is my first dap and that until yesterday I was using a desktop system with OTL tube amps.
I hope with the 12EXN to be able to make a qualitative leap especially in terms of timbral realism, the only aspect that really disappointed me.
I agree, the timbre is the weakest point on the 11.2, everything else i wouldnt change. The EXN has the biggest impact on timbre in my opinion, due to the AN Kaisei. With iBasso it07 the sound is very smooth (i would even compare it to the mids on the ak sp1k when it comes to the timbre, maybe even denser).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back