iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 6, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #11,251 of 14,594
I use this beauty. DuKabel RCA Jack Adaptor 3.5 mm Female to 2 x RCA Male Stereo Audio Y Red White Cable with 99.99% 4N OFC and 3 Shielding - Top Series (30 cm) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08LBH59QP/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_2G6KX4G6ZA8V70JCEB4E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Fits optically in perfection 🙂👍
But You have to pay attention because only the 0,3m cable has the female 3,5 jack...

IMG_20211225_101930__01.jpg

Mar 7, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #11,252 of 14,594
Mar 7, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #11,253 of 14,594
Because There is no standard for 4.4mm to adapt into single ended 3.5mm output.

4.4mm by standard is a balanced output

Ibasso has made it happened with their own standard to provide the ability to adapt into single ended output! So you will have to stay with Ibasso accessory to get it working. Feel free to take risk from other accessories if you want to though. However, to stay at 100% safety measure, just stay with 4.4mm as a balanced connection only

Mar 7, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #11,254 of 14,594
Because There is no standard for 4.4mm to adapt into single ended 3.5mm output.

4.4mm by standard is a balanced output

Ibasso has made it happened with their own standard to provide the ability to adapt into single ended output! So you will have to stay with Ibasso accessory to get it working. Feel free to take risk from other accessories if you want to though. However, to stay at 100% safety measure, just stay with 4.4mm as a balanced connection only
Thanks, but the cable I linked to is a 4.4 direct to 2xphone/RCA, not 3.5mm. It's what the thread I referenced is saying might not be safe. Does it matter if it's 3.5mm or phono?

Mar 7, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #11,255 of 14,594
Thanks, but the cable I linked to is a 4.4 direct to 2xphone/RCA, not 3.5mm. It's what the thread I referenced is saying might not be safe. Does it matter if it's 3.5mm or phono?
I don’t understand the technical aspects but I’m sticking to the Ibasso adapter. I have far too much invested in my equipment / headphones to take a chance on damaging due to a cable.

Mar 7, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #11,257 of 14,594

He means RCA is single-ended, same way 3.5mm is single ended.

The problem with the adapters such as the one you found is you need to verify with the maker as to how it was wired - you'd assume they'd build it correctly but most do not. The negatives can't be used in this setup - I reached out to LQi cables for example as they have a similar cable, and they confirmed they do use the negatives, which would be wrong and could damage your DAP and amp.

This adapter from DDHifi (link below) is the only non-iBasso adapter I've found that is set up correctly - they have a diagram showing the setup as well. I use it and find it more convenient than the iBasso adapter's form factor as well, has been great. iBasso also confirmed that if the negatives aren't used it will work well.

https://audio46.com/products/dd-ddhifi-dj30a-3-5mm-female-to-4-4mm-male-adapter

Screenshot_20220307-100337_Chrome.jpg

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #11,258 of 14,594
The problem with the adapters such as the one you found is you need to verify with the maker as to how it was wired - you'd assume they'd build it correctly but most do not.
That's more or less what I thought.
This adapter from DDHifi (link below) is the only non-iBasso adapter I've found that is set up correctly - they have a diagram showing the setup as well. I use it and find it more convenient than the iBasso adapter's form factor as well, has been great. iBasso also confirmed that if the negatives aren't used it will work well.

https://audio46.com/products/dd-ddhifi-dj30a-3-5mm-female-to-4-4mm-male-adapter
Oh wow that's actually available in the UK.

Now I have your explanation it does look like the ifi adapter can be added to your list - although that's the one I can't find anywhere.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/headphone-adapter-3-5mm-to-4-4mm/

thanks

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #11,259 of 14,594
Damnn, this EXN is crazy good. The it07 are made for it. Cant imagine better sound with iems below 1000-1300e.
DX312EX plus Thieaudo Monarch Mk2 is a sublime combination in that price range. Best midrange I have ever heard in an IEM setup

Mar 7, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #11,260 of 14,594
DX312EX plus Thieaudo Monarch Mk2 is a sublime combination in that price range. Best midrange I have ever heard in an IEM setup
Did you have a chance to compare the Monarchs to the iBasso it07? Was thinking of getting the Monarchs as they have very good tuning but im affraid of the bass department. Many reviews say that the bass is weak and loose. I know the mids are excellent tho.

Mar 7, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #11,261 of 14,594
Did you have a chance to compare the Monarchs to the iBasso it07? Was thinking of getting the Monarchs as they have very good tuning but im affraid of the bass department. Many reviews say that the bass is weak and loose. I know the mids are excellent tho.
I have not found that to be the case at all. And I am not sure “many” reviews have actually been that critical of the bass. Weak and loose is pretty harsh and doesn’t really make sense to me if the tuning is universally acclaimed. Weak bass would be a serious tuning flaw in my book. Also to my understanding there can not be good midrange without good enough bass. It absolutely requires it in fact. Anyway the Monarchs are magic with the amp12ex. I have never owned any iBasso IEMs to compare.

Mar 7, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #11,263 of 14,594
That's our adapter alright, thanks for mentioning it! It should be easily available, however.
Is it on Amazon? I couldn't fine it.

Mar 7, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #11,265 of 14,594
I have not found that to be the case at all. And I am not sure “many” reviews have actually been that critical of the bass. Weak and loose is pretty harsh and doesn’t really make sense to me if the tuning is universally acclaimed. Weak bass would be a serious tuning flaw in my book. Also to my understanding there can not be good midrange without good enough bass. It absolutely requires it in fact. Anyway the Monarchs are magic with the amp12ex. I have never owned any iBasso IEMs to compare.
The "weak" bass was the issue with the Kinera Nanna imperial for example. The mids and trebles were magical. And i didnt mean that the bass is bad per se but rather that it doesnt reach the level of mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back