iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 28, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #11,119 of 14,596
The only problem i have is that the amp12EXN is too engaging. I just cant listen to it while working. It takes all the attention.
That's funny because I told myself I wasn't allowed to listen to the EX during my work hours since I couldn't get any work done. Especially since I've rooted the DX300 and able to convert to DSD256 with Neutron... it's AMAZING!!!

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #11,120 of 14,596
That's funny because I told myself I wasn't allowed to listen to the EX during my work hours since I couldn't get any work done. Especially since I've rooted the DX300 and able to convert to DSD256 with Neutron... it's AMAZING!!!
It gets better with AUI converter. Your Dx312EX will not be heating up too much, battery can be tweaked to last longer too !!

Feb 28, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #11,124 of 14,596
Indigo with DX312 + C9 showcases the Indigo's great soundstage, imaging, layering and details. Aeneid adds a nice bass and sub-bass textural punch (Massive Attack's Angel I can sense the BCDs), taller and holographic soundstage. I primarily use Indigo for Classical and operatic music where I want to intently focus on details and clarity.

For me, EXT is my primary "listening" IEM with emotive mid-range and lovely textural bass - I equate it an evening lounging with a Hibiki Suntory "Japanese Harmony" and chilling to tunes. My primary pairing with EXT is Eletech's Project 8 Plato x Socrates 8-wire where it augments all of EXTs qualities with even deeper textual bass - not as deep as bass-head EVO. With Aeneid, EXT's bass rolls off faster and opens the mids and upper mids more - giving it an airier soundstage. EXT is amazing how it scales with power and cables signatures.

I'm enjoying DX312 + C9 all over again after cycling through 3MAX and M17........... until N8ii arrives, LOL.

Hope this helps.
Wow! Very informative! Thank you, this helps a lot! Will be waiting for your N8ii impressions, i want to know if it is better than the DX312 + C9 with Indigo before i pull the trigger!

I love the EXT’s mid-range and bass but the fit did not work for me😩

Feb 28, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #11,126 of 14,596
Thanks... Do you feel the sound quality is equally as good as using Neutron to do the conversion?
Actually it is better in textures, imagings and extensions. Very observable on Amp12EX. What is better is that your battery will keep on going without heat being crazily generated like Neutron….trade off is that you will need more memory capacity.

Feb 28, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #11,127 of 14,596
Actually it is better in textures, imagings and extensions. Very observable on Amp12EX. What is better is that your battery will keep on going without heat being crazily generated like Neutron….trade off is that you will need more memory capacity.
A LOT more for DSD256.. LOL

Mar 1, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #11,129 of 14,596

AMP13 has been referral.
Two 3.5mm headphone jacks, one for high output (280mW) and one for low noise

(The text in the image is the information of AMP8 MK2)
AMP13.jpg

Mar 1, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #11,130 of 14,596

AMP13 has been referral.
Two 3.5mm headphone jacks, one for high output (280mW) and one for low noise

(The text in the image is the information of AMP8 MK2)
AMP13.jpg

Doesn't sound very intoxicating. The one with 280mv then definitely makes the same noise as the Amp9. And the other has no power at all. I'm really disappointed with iBasso. I expected a bit more. Totally uninteresting. For me anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back