iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 27, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #11,102 of 14,596
The player works fine with everything but folder play. I'm saying it failed because when you put the previous firmware in the root folder and try to do the local update it says firmware failed. I downloaded the firmware from ibasso site.
Did you unzip it one time, to reveal another zip file and a text file? That zip file is the one that goes on your card.

Edit: Yes you can downgrade easily using the method that you are trying to do.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #11,103 of 14,596
I'm on the new firmware and I wanted to go back to the previous one cause folder play worked on it. When you load the 1.04 into the internal or SD card folders it will not revert back to the previous firmware.
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com and I can send you a Tool that allows you to wipe the internal memory and load an earlier .img firmware.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 27, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #11,104 of 14,596
Ever since the update my device shuts off on its own. I have factory reset it three times. When I contacted them. I would have to send it back to China. Terrible experience. I'm never buying from this company again. I wish I hadn't have gotten this cuz it's a waste of money. I can't even change the volume without it turning off.
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com so we can try and figure this out and let me know what has been done and what was suggested.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 28, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #11,107 of 14,596
I'm in the United States. I contacted them and they said because it's out of the return date I would have to send it back to china. So disappointing
That's if you want them to fix it. If you do a search you might be able to find someone locally or at least in the US who can fix the problem. I've had someone in the UK fix my players a couple of times without sending it back to China.

Feb 28, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #11,110 of 14,596
Then it was the right choice to make the NP mode and not 12 W. I will send my 12 W to the Vietnamese hobbyist tomorrow. He said he would get the best out of the board. For inspiration I sent him all the photos of all available modifications. I'm really curious what he makes of it. Hopefully it will be very good too.

Feb 28, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #11,111 of 14,596
The dynamics are quite exceptional. Especally the vocals- placed in front of me, very lively, natural and emotional. I think the word "emotional' is the right one. Everything plays on my feels and i like it a lot. There is no thinking- "oh what a great space" or "oh what a detail". Its just a stream of an emotional music directly to your ears. Hard to describe, Something very special.

Feb 28, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #11,113 of 14,596
The Dx312EX has the ability to playback DSD256 without draining much battery and or warmed up

AUI converter also convert with all the album arts and tagging

These Two make a pretty special and unique experiences for audio performances

Anyone who love to listen to DSD processed offline, they should check out AUI converter, the price is just right for what it does. Most importantly is how it is upgraded continuously

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #11,114 of 14,596
Awesome combination! May i know how indigo sounds with this setup plus aeneid compared to EXT?
Indigo with DX312 + C9 showcases the Indigo's great soundstage, imaging, layering and details. Aeneid adds a nice bass and sub-bass textural punch (Massive Attack's Angel I can sense the BCDs), taller and holographic soundstage. I primarily use Indigo for Classical and operatic music where I want to intently focus on details and clarity.

For me, EXT is my primary "listening" IEM with emotive mid-range and lovely textural bass - I equate it an evening lounging with a Hibiki Suntory "Japanese Harmony" and chilling to tunes. My primary pairing with EXT is Eletech's Project 8 Plato x Socrates 8-wire where it augments all of EXTs qualities with even deeper textual bass - not as deep as bass-head EVO. With Aeneid, EXT's bass rolls off faster and opens the mids and upper mids more - giving it an airier soundstage. EXT is amazing how it scales with power and cables signatures.

I'm enjoying DX312 + C9 all over again after cycling through 3MAX and M17........... until N8ii arrives, LOL.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #11,115 of 14,596
The Dx312EX has the ability to playback DSD256 without draining much battery and or warmed up

AUI converter also convert with all the album arts and tagging

These Two make a pretty special and unique experiences for audio performances

Anyone who love to listen to DSD processed offline, they should check out AUI converter, the price is just right for what it does. Most importantly is how it is upgraded continuously
Is the AUI converter also for Mac available??

Users who are viewing this thread

• mvt9
Back