iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 16, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #10,771 of 14,596
Tell me about AMP12. I connect the player via the 4.4 LO output as a pure DAC to an external headphone amplifier, via a cable converted from 3.5 - 2xRCA to 4.4 (pentaconn) - 2xRCA (desoldering, as on balanced headphones). In the headphones connected to the amplifier, I begin to hear a faint noise, and the cable begins to work like an antenna. The 4.4 pentacon desoldering on the cable should be the same as in the headphone cable or different, since we connect to the unbalanced RCA inputs on the headphone amplifier? When connected with a factory standard 3.5 - 2RCA cable with AMP11mk2, there is no noise.

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #10,772 of 14,596
Tell me about AMP12. I connect the player via the 4.4 LO output as a pure DAC to an external headphone amplifier, via a cable converted from 3.5 - 2xRCA to 4.4 (pentaconn) - 2xRCA (desoldering, as on balanced headphones). In the headphones connected to the amplifier, I begin to hear a faint noise, and the cable begins to work like an antenna. The 4.4 pentacon desoldering on the cable should be the same as in the headphone cable or different, since we connect to the unbalanced RCA inputs on the headphone amplifier? When connected with a factory standard 3.5 - 2RCA cable with AMP11mk2, there is no noise.
You have something wired incorrectly.

Feb 16, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #10,774 of 14,596
First of all, I'd like to thank @Whitigir for such amazing work... really Thank You!!

I want to give my initial feelings on how the AMP12EX sounds and I do mean FEELINGS. When I first listened to the new AMP, and this was a first for me, I actually got goosebumps and I mean all over. It is quite the euphoric experience. I've been listening with my 7hz Timeless and the difference between the AMP12 that I can recall and the EX mod is quite substantial. It's almost like taking a bit of a blurred out photo and clearing it up. The bass goes deeper with even more texture and the mids and treble is just so sweet to my ears. My Timeless have over 300 hours on them so they've become more relaxed in the high end, but with the EX mod, there is definitely more air around you. It feels like I'm surrounded by the music and I mean all around me. I don't think my Timeless will ever be any better than this. Again, it's quite amazing.

Now I'm not a technical listener. I mean, I do appreciate an earphone with good technicalities, but I prefer listening for emotional stimulus. So really, I’m not the one to explain the difference in technicalities between the two AMP's. All I can say is the AMP12EX brings on emotions for me to a whole new level.

Was upgrading the Amp worth it... Absolutely!! Many times over as a matter of fact. I can't wait till I've put more time into it. I'm looking forward to hearing what more the AMP12EX has to offer.

Attachments

• 8CE320D8-2C3B-4379-B495-BA6C8DA58AD6.jpeg
    8CE320D8-2C3B-4379-B495-BA6C8DA58AD6.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 047EC038-A29D-4635-BCAC-6E536149BF71.jpeg
    047EC038-A29D-4635-BCAC-6E536149BF71.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • E554F543-6E09-4B32-AE88-804F6725290D.jpeg
    E554F543-6E09-4B32-AE88-804F6725290D.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #10,775 of 14,596
First of all, I'd like to thank @Whitigir for such amazing work... really Thank You!!

I want to give my initial feelings on how the AMP12EX sounds and I do mean FEELINGS. When I first listened to the new AMP, and this was a first for me, I actually got goosebumps and I mean all over. It is quite the euphoric experience. I've been listening with my 7hz Timeless and the difference between the AMP12 that I can recall and the EX mod is quite substantial. It's almost like taking a bit of a blurred out photo and clearing it up. The bass goes deeper with even more texture and the mids and treble is just so sweet to my ears. My Timeless have over 300 hours on them so they've become more relaxed in the high end, but with the EX mod, there is definitely more air around you. It feels like I'm surrounded by the music and I mean all around me. I don't think my Timeless will ever be any better than this. Again, it's quite amazing.

Now I'm not a technical listener. I mean, I do appreciate an earphone with good technicalities, but I prefer listening for emotional stimulus. So really, I’m not the one to explain the difference in technicalities between the two AMP's. All I can say is the AMP12EX brings on emotions for me to a whole new level.

Was upgrading the Amp worth it... Absolutely!! Many times over as a matter of fact. I can't wait till I've put more time into it. I'm looking forward to hearing what more the AMP12EX has to offer.
You are welcome :)! I am glad that you are loving it, and I love that highlighted part. Enjoy your music! The Dx300 and Amp12EX is a brilliant combo. The Dx300 is such an amazing device, with such capabilities and battery that lasts for 16 hours with Redbook files, and out of balanced connection. I love it!

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #10,778 of 14,596
To anyone who love tinkering with Android and OS, there is another place that we can discuss. Steve does not want to have his works posted anywhere related to here. Basically rooting the Dx300 and tinker with it. If anyone is interested, please check this article out
Bookmarked. Will be following that one to see if some interesting stuff comes down the road. I am too happy with current setup to tinker at that level for now anyhow.

Thanks for sharing!

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #10,780 of 14,596
I'm guessing rooting affects warranty with iBasso?
I would say that it basically effect all devices. Because there is a chance that you accidentally messed up some scripts and shorting the chips then killing it…lol!

But since when does warranty stop people from modifying for optimized performances ?

I want to improve CPU processing power, even if I have to sacrifice a couple hours, and I want to clear out all the background and not needed apps.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #10,782 of 14,596
But since when does warranty stop people from modifying for optimized performances ?
It doesn't necessarily, as long as people are aware of the risk. It's always possible that there may be a future HW or SW failure with one's device and one might want to send the device to iBasso, so no warranty can be a problem.

I would say that it basically effect all devices. Because there is a chance that you accidentally messed up some scripts and shorting the chips then killing it…lol!
I want to improve CPU processing power, even if I have to sacrifice a couple hours, and I want to clear out all the background and not needed apps.
Yeah, this is always a risk one takes with any kind of scripting, but then it's a choice. As for the improvements, it's a fair point, no arguing with that, as long as people know the deal (I'm sure you do :)).

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #10,783 of 14,596

You shouldnt have to root to remove apps. That can be done via ADB

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #10,785 of 14,596

I suppose there is, but that is very unlikely to happen. If you are smart enough to know the scripting necessary in android, chances are you are smart enough to NOT do something like that. LOL

After all, rooting/jailbreaking in and of itself is not as criminal, or even as dangerous as phone makers would have you believe. The very definition of "rooting" an android device is simply granting administrative rights to yourself on the device, just like you can do on Windows accounts. I find it funny (both ironic and haha funny) that phone makers have gone to such lengths to prevent rooting being as how android is an open-source OS... LOL

I would also argue that rooting a DAP should not break warranty (unless you blow it up like your analogy from above), because there aren't any major security protections in place such as Samsung Knox (for instance) that would be compromised if you grant root on the device. The fact that it is the most vanilla version of android, and that android is an open-source OS helps with that thought. On the other hand, because there is proprietary software from iBasso on it, they MAY frown on it. If you are concerned, I would ask iBasso first.

BUT.... seeing as how easy it is to simply reinstall the stock FW, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have Lurker add-on on my DX160, and it indeed does grant root (via Magisk). When there is an official update, I simply download and install the image/ROM over the existing add-on, and then reinstall the Lurker add-on (because the FW overwrites the add-on).

There are also ways to trick the system into thinking that it is still stock. I used to do this when working with ROMs on my Note 4.
Now I am able to use Neutron Player to my heart contents!!

DSD256 Remastering even in screen off

No more glitches and no more stuttering

92EFC8AC-36F3-4D5D-82AD-0181BD73DA67.jpegC7E64D74-9449-4C09-BA76-F96E8B8E1057.jpeg
Wait, so you have had issues using Neutron when screen was off? I can't say I have ever had that issue with it. I normally listen most of my workday with Neutron, and with the screen off. Might be that I don't have any DSD256 though. I think DSD96 might be the highest I have?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back