iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 6, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #10,591 of 14,596
It's odd that in the update notes from iBasso there's no mention of any change to sound - just some functional tweaks.

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that some player APPs are unable to be controlled by the physical button. (Android OS)
2. Improved the support for the music folder when a large number of music files are loaded. (Android OS)
3. Improved the scrolling operation on some interfaces. (Mango OS)
4. Improved the scanning function. (Mango OS)
5. Rectified the bug that some M3U are unable to be imported. (Mango OS)
I hear you but the difference is audible not only to me but to others on this thread. Maybe it was an indirect result of some kind? I dunno but the difference in quality between Mango OS and android is even more significant now after the update than before, hence the reason I only use Mango OS unless looking for new music. Then I use UAPP Tidal.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #10,592 of 14,596
Hi All... this is my first post on this site. I've been following along this thread since the beginning and decided to put myself out there with an inquiry to all who've updated to the latest firmware. Has anyone noticed that your headphones icon at the top of the screen stays on whether they're plugged in or not? This, for me anyway, doesn't pause my music anymore when I unplug my earphones. I've done two system resets... one with the Amp11.2 installed and one with it removed and both times the headphones icon stays on. Anyone else with this issue?

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #10,593 of 14,596
Hi All... this is my first post on this site. I've been following along this thread since the beginning and decided to put myself out there with an inquiry to all who've updated to the latest firmware. Has anyone noticed that your headphones icon at the top of the screen stays on whether they're plugged in or not? This, for me anyway, doesn't pause my music anymore when I unplug my earphones. I've done two system resets... one with the Amp11.2 installed and one with it removed and both times the headphones icon stays on. Anyone else with this issue?
You can check settings, there is a function where you can choose if the music will continue playing after the headphones are unplugged.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #10,594 of 14,596
You can check settings, there is a function where you can choose if the music will continue playing after the headphones are unplugged.
True... but even with that function enabled, it still doesn't pause. The player is stuck in a headphones attached status. Check out the photos showing the icon on with the Amp removed.

Attachments

• amp removed.jpg
    amp removed.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
  • headphone icon.jpg
    headphone icon.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
Feb 6, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #10,595 of 14,596
True... but even with that function enabled, it still doesn't pause. The player is stuck in a headphones attached status. Check out the photos showing the icon on with the Amp removed.
Maybe try clearing Mango Players cache and if that doesn't work try clearing Mango Players Data.

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #10,596 of 14,596
Maybe try clearing Mango Players cache and if that doesn't work try clearing Mango Players Data.
Thanks, but that all got cleared out when I did two system resets... one with the amp installed and one without. I don't believe this is software based but more hardware since the icon is on whether Mango's open or not. It just started when I updated to the latest firmware. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this on theirs or not.

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #10,597 of 14,596
Guys, Davy have written to me and he says iBasso really did its part of the work and MQA support works with the last firmware update.
Then UAPP next beta and full release will support it!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think Davy deserves applause and recognition, because it never stops improving an application that for some pof us is essential, and that we can use on as many devices as we want, having paid for it only once.

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #10,598 of 14,596
Thanks, but that all got cleared out when I did two system resets... one with the amp installed and one without. I don't believe this is software based but more hardware since the icon is on whether Mango's open or not. It just started when I updated to the latest firmware. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this on theirs or not.
I didn't realize you did a system reset. Hmm. Sounds like it could be a hardware issue then. You applied the recent update, correct?

If you did maybe try flashing the latest update again

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #10,599 of 14,596
Guys, Davy have written to me and he says iBasso really did its part of the work and MQA support works with the last firmware update.
Then UAPP next beta and full release will support it!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think Davy deserves applause and recognition, because it never stops improving an application that for some pof us is essential, and that we can use on as many devices as we want, having paid for it only once.
And iBasso for working with 3rd party apps. I don't use MQA but nice that both are working together for the customers.

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #10,602 of 14,596
On a different note I am trying out Neutron player and aside from its horrible outdated interface I'm finding the timbre of music through this player is nothing short of amazing.

Lord willing I'll be making the jump to the VE EXT on the next week or so. Hoping it will be everything I hope it to be. Dx312 should power it just fine from what I'm told.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #10,603 of 14,596
On a different note I am trying out Neutron player and aside from its horrible outdated interface I'm finding the timbre of music through this player is nothing short of amazing.

Lord willing I'll be making the jump to the VE EXT on the next week or so. Hoping it will be everything I hope it to be. Dx312 should power it just fine from what I'm told.
Yeah the Nautron is really fantastic on the dx300. At least on the same level as the Mango OS in terms of the sound imho. The interface is from 90's tho.

Feb 6, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #10,604 of 14,596
Or maybe even try flashing to an older version first, and then back to 1.05 if it will let you go back. Not sure.
Tried doing both and wouldn't allow me to go back to 1.04 but did allow me to reflash the 1.05 ver. Unfortunately it didn't work. I'll live with it since it doesn't get in the way of the pleasure of listening to it. Thanks for your suggestions... really appreciate it.

Feb 6, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #10,605 of 14,596
Tried doing both and wouldn't allow me to go back to 1.04 but did allow me to reflash the 1.05 ver. Unfortunately it didn't work. I'll live with it since it doesn't get in the way of the pleasure of listening to it. Thanks for your suggestions... really appreciate it.
Anytime bud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back