iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 5, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #10,576 of 14,594
Depends upon the trace. I have seen some pretty thin and narrow ones. Also a PCB can have capacitance and a diode effect. A ribbon, less so.
Honestly, I am just not a fan of ribbon cables. I rather have a single board design, but then….I don’t use the Dx300 much for being an external DAC. To me, the Dx312 is lovely and flawless at this price/build/performances scales. Any more upgrades/improvements will further elevate Ibasso as a brand and giving the competitions a harder time

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #10,577 of 14,594
Is the update still messing up for everyone? I am trying to wait until I can do it without a zip file. It's been messed up for a while as far as I know.

Feb 5, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #10,578 of 14,594
Is the update still messing up for everyone? I am trying to wait until I can do it without a zip file. It's been messed up for a while as far as I know.
I was only able to update via zip for the newest version. I don't know of anyone able to update via OTA for the most current update.

Feb 5, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #10,579 of 14,594
I was only able to update via zip for the newest version. I don't know of anyone able to update via OTA for the most current update.
I am still unable to update via OTA.
I assume this won't be fixed until after CNY.

Feb 5, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #10,580 of 14,594
I don't have a computer right now and If I did I have no clue how to do it. This is ridiculous that it is this hard to do an upgrade! I am having problems downloading music for offline use on apple and qobuz. I haven't been able to download offline on qobuz for a while now. I could when I first got the dx300 but can't now. I am really starting to get frustrated with the dx300. I need offline and if I can't use it the dx300 is basically a paper weight! I live in the country and can't get good wifi so offline is important.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #10,581 of 14,594
Enjoying some great music off the DX312 and MySphere 3.1. Drives it effortlessly on high gain/volume 45. :)

47DBD9B1-C97B-4CB9-9601-36A747594206.jpeg

Feb 6, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #10,582 of 14,594
I don't have a computer right now and If I did I have no clue how to do it. This is ridiculous that it is this hard to do an upgrade! I am having problems downloading music for offline use on apple and qobuz. I haven't been able to download offline on qobuz for a while now. I could when I first got the dx300 but can't now. I am really starting to get frustrated with the dx300. I need offline and if I can't use it the dx300 is basically a paper weight! I live in the country and can't get good wifi so offline is important.
Not having a computer to do it does present a problem, but if you could borrow someone's pc (or maybe local library, etc...) would make it simple. All you need to do is download the zip file from iBasso site and unzip it. After doing that, there will be another zip file. That file will simply be put on your DX300 (either in the root directory of internal memory, or on the SD card). After that, just go to where you would normally check for update but choose the hamburger button (3 dots) in the upper right and choose "local update". If you put the file on your internal memory, it should show up, if not, you will need to tell it to look on SD card. All in all it will take about 5 minutes (minus the time it takes to actually do the update).

This isn't the fault of the DX300 (or iBasso) if it worked in the beginning. For this reason, I don't update apps on a device unless the FW also gets updated. This is because the dev assumes you have the most up-to-date OS (most of the time). This can break functionality on older versions of an OS. It is the same with a phone. Since most phones only get about 2 years of updates (or so), after those two years are up, if you still want to use that phone, don't update the apps anymore. It doesn't mean they won't work if you don't update them.

Feb 6, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #10,583 of 14,594
I quite agree it's ridiculous.

If you don't already you can download a browser to the DX300 and download it like that. I've got Chrome on mine for occasional use.

Feb 6, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #10,584 of 14,594
I quite agree it's ridiculous.

If you don't already you can download a browser to the DX300 and download it like that. I've got Chrome on mine for occasional use.
And download this from apk pure and do the unzip like told before, don't know if this was already mentioned

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_132727__01.jpg
    IMG_20220206_132727__01.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 0
Feb 6, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #10,588 of 14,594
Absolutely! I'm still taken aback at how much fuller and musical Mango OS is compared to.
Yes, I love MangoOS! It is lovely and my priority choices, unless I wanted something else that only Android offers, which I don’t typically do.

Does anyone know when Ibasso is back from newyear holiday ?

Feb 6, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #10,589 of 14,594
Yes, I love MangoOS! It is lovely and my priority choices, unless I wanted something else that only Android offers, which I don’t typically do.

Does anyone know when Ibasso is back from newyear holiday ?
Normaly tomorrow the Chinese New Year holiday is finished. Here in Vietnam is it tomorrow. And the bosss of the shop where i buy everything told me that the chinese dealer work tomorrow for order Dethonray Tender 1.

Feb 6, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #10,590 of 14,594
Absolutely! I'm still taken aback at how much fuller and musical Mango OS is compared to.
It's odd that in the update notes from iBasso there's no mention of any change to sound - just some functional tweaks.

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Rectified the bug that some player APPs are unable to be controlled by the physical button. (Android OS)
2. Improved the support for the music folder when a large number of music files are loaded. (Android OS)
3. Improved the scrolling operation on some interfaces. (Mango OS)
4. Improved the scanning function. (Mango OS)
5. Rectified the bug that some M3U are unable to be imported. (Mango OS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back