iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 28, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #8,656 of 14,596
on dx312, the LO port is pretty much inaudible (at lower volume e.g. 20) with my CA Solaris 2020, until I turn it up to about to about 75. On PO it loud on low volume (20) but a big hiss..

is this what everyone else is also finding?
LO is a Line out port. It isn’t an amplifier signals !!! It is LINE OUT!!!

PO is Phone out which is an amplified signals

Using LO to put a heavy and kinky load that changes with frequencies such as IEMs or headphones, you will soon burn out the circuitry

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #8,657 of 14,596
on dx312, the LO port is pretty much inaudible (at lower volume e.g. 20) with my CA Solaris 2020, until I turn it up to about to about 75. On PO it loud on low volume (20) but a big hiss..

is this what everyone else is also finding?
Turn the DAC volume (digital) down to 70 or 80 and use low to mid gain for sensitive IEMs. The LO isn't for driving IEMs or headphones, it is for an amp and you would normally have it at 80 to 100 for the volume at that point.

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #8,658 of 14,596
I am using the dx300 as a dac with my Burson Soloist 3xp. Should I have my dx300 on high gain and the volume maxed out to get the full 4.1Vrms?
Good question. From what I've gathered, lo gain is best for preventing noise (although I don't experience noise at higher gains), but I'm with you for wondering what "volume" to set for Line Out. Obviously we won't get full volts at a lower setting, but does this matter (I'm asking, too)? I have mine set at 75 because of some vague notion of "headroom," but I'm ignorant here.

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #8,659 of 14,596
Turn the DAC volume (digital) down to 70 or 80 and use low to mid gain for sensitive IEMs. The LO isn't for driving IEMs or headphones, it is for an amp and you would normally have it at 80 to 100 for the volume at that point.
What is the advantage, if any, of setting Line Out volume to anything below 100? I have mine at 75, but don't know what's gained in doing this (partial pun intended).

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #8,660 of 14,596
hey all,

Had the dx300 for about 2 weeks now. In general, I think it's pretty solid. Drives my Sundaras better than the M11 (m11 ends up with some bass distortion on the Sundaras, but drives my IER Z1R just fine). However, I noticed the battery already seems to be depleting faster, which was my concern with a DAP vs something like the diablo/micro signature with my phone. Has anyone else noticed only getting about 8 hours on it? I have it on high gain with wifi and BT off. It seemed to get more battery at the beginning. Considering returning it and going with Ifi Micro idsd Signature and a TCL phone for screen for better. Seems like a better future proofing approach, although having a single item vs 2 is a bit simpler obviously. I already did a diablo vs dx300 comparison, and ultimately couldn't tell much difference. Diablo was slightly more resolving I would say. I would also add that DX300 doesn't play well with Power Amp, unfortunately, not does it take advantage of upscaling in Hiby Music.

Thanks all
I can go for about 12 hrs over wifi streaming 60% high resolution music on high gain at 50 volume on Arya.
When pushing my FD7 IEM at 12 hrs I had around 25% remaining in the tank wifi on with around 4 hrs streaming the rest local files.
Have you conditioned your batteries?
While breaking in the DX312 I would Ron down to 8% charge to 98, 99%.

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #8,661 of 14,596
What is the advantage, if any, of setting Line Out volume to anything below 100? I have mine at 75, but don't know what's gained in doing this (partial pun intended).
I read that the best measurements are around 85% (in that area). Many have said they don't hear much difference and I would use a LO setting that works best for your setup.

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #8,662 of 14,596
It's great to be able to settle on the best solution. A couple of questions: Is this a PO-to-PO comparison? I only use my amp12 LO and, even then, didn't make a critical comparison to the amp11, having liked what I read about amp12 LO design improvements ("true" Line Out). In fact, I don't recall what others have said about comparing amp11 PO to amp12 PO. Also -- and some might want to know this -- did you burn in either card ? (Not saying you should!) :smile_phones:

Yes, PO to PO with QDC Anole VX. I burned the AMP12 for about 100 hours using the adapter and about 100 hours total listening. 11mk2 is only about 10-20 hours of listening time.
11mk2 playing great with Anole VX. It's fantastic. The sound is very spacious, deep, dynamic and musical. The lower frequencies lose in resolution in comparison with 12, but its are more powerful and more interesting. It's like a transition from academic correct sound (Amp12) to crazy drive that blows your head (Amp11mk2) :) Previously, I only listened 11mk2 with CA Andromeda and I didn't really like their interaction.

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #8,664 of 14,596
I read that the best measurements are around 85% (in that area). Many have said they don't hear much difference and I would use a LO setting that works best for your setup.
Anything above 70 percent LO works great in my setup, including 100 percent, but it's great to know there may be a "best" setting if measurements support that. I couldn't find any discussion on this until now, and am pleased knowing that 85-ish may be the optimum number. Of course, I wouldn't mind knowing what source(s) this comes from. But, for now, 85 it is. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #8,665 of 14,596
Yes, PO to PO with QDC Anole VX. I burned the AMP12 for about 100 hours using the adapter and about 100 hours total listening. 11mk2 is only about 10-20 hours of listening time.
11mk2 playing great with Anole VX. It's fantastic. The sound is very spacious, deep, dynamic and musical. The lower frequencies lose in resolution in comparison with 12, but its are more powerful and more interesting. It's like a transition from academic correct sound (Amp12) to crazy drive that blows your head (Amp11mk2) :) Previously, I only listened 11mk2 with CA Andromeda and I didn't really like their interaction.
No surprise, just as with different players, that one or the other amp card may synergize best with a given IEM/headphone. Easily forgotten (speaking for myself)! Powerful = Good. Thanks for giving your impression. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #8,666 of 14,596
So ive decided that the AK sp1kM goes back. Its very impressive device but too bright and artificialy resolving in hights which makes it a bit unnatural sounding in comparison to the dx312. Was surprised that the sounds were as big as on the ibasso but they dont have this specific weight to notes. Its like the sound is bit lighter and bit more delicate but unnuturally warmed. Ibasso has this natural weight and its closer to the desktop type of sound. As mentioned before, the stage were on the same level, only the depth is better on the dx312.

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #8,667 of 14,596
So ive decided that the AK sp1kM goes back. Its very impressive device but too bright and artificialy resolving in hights which makes it a bit unnatural sounding in comparison to the dx312. Was surprised that the sounds were as big as on the ibasso but they dont have this specific weight to notes. Its like the sound is bit lighter and bit more delicate but unnuturally warmed. Ibasso has this natural weight and its closer to the desktop type of sound. As mentioned before, the stage were on the same level, only the depth is better on the dx312.
I suspected that the AK was going back !!:L3000::L3000::o2smile: But I told you that a few postings before. Better to keep the DX 300 at home Listening and thinking about the DX240 as a solution for on the go. Cheers🍻

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #8,668 of 14,596
I suspected that the AK was going back !!:L3000::L3000::o2smile: But I told you that a few postings before. Better to keep the DX 300 at home Listening and thinking about the DX240 as a solution for on the go. Cheers🍻
Yeah i felt it too tbh but needed to try:) Now i stick to the dx300 and will be traveling with it despite its size.

Oct 28, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #8,669 of 14,596
Yeah i felt it too tbh but needed to try:) Now i stick to the dx300 and will be traveling with it despite its size.
I think this is the best and most sensible decision. Personally, I am also thinking about the DX 240. But I'll only buy it if Ibasso brings out a new AMP Card with a 4.4 connection. Equipped all IEMs and my Focal with 4.4 cables for the AMP 12. To be honest, I don't feel like investing more in cables. And I don't think much of the adapters.

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #8,670 of 14,596
I think this is the best and most sensible decision. Personally, I am also thinking about the DX 240. But I'll only buy it if Ibasso brings out a new AMP Card with a 4.4 connection. Equipped all IEMs and my Focal with 4.4 cables for the AMP 12. To be honest, I don't feel like investing more in cables. And I don't think much of the adapters.
Agreed: 4.4 all the way, for the same reason (amp12, and I only use the 4.4 on the DX160). Not having been familiar with the DX200 series (previous iBasso was a DX90), it appears for now the amp8 is the one to get (with base plate) that has 4.4, yes? Thoughts about that? -- or safer to wait for a new 4.4 card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back