iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 27, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #8,642 of 14,596
Zero effect. LOL.
I decided I'm going to do another reset. Or two, or ten.

Mabey you can find more info in the Android Bug report? (haven't tested it myself)

Enable Developer options bij going to settings > about device > finger tab 5 times on the Build number
There should be a option to: Take debug report (which would output some sort of txt or zip file I assume?)
But i'm not sure if this is only for the Android itself or also for the apps.

I don't own a iBasso yet, so can't test it out.

Mabey also try disconnecting all connections (SD-card, bluetooth, wifi, charger/usb, heck even the headphones) and see if that makes a difference.
Tested a FiiO M11 plus ltd. the other day from which the player kept crashing apparently from Wifi (5Ghz) or WPA3 after I disabled it on my router al went fine.

Or mabey it has something to do with the encoding of your music? certain Flac/Wav's?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #8,644 of 14,596
I spent a full day today with AMP11mk2. Why was I so deaf before and did not notice the advantages of this amplifier? My favorite genre of classic rock 70-80s looks much better and more musical! And the bass is much larger and deeper on electronic genres than the AMP12. Now I will spend more time on 11mk2. It looks like I made a mistake that I practically did not listen to 11mk2 :)

Oct 27, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #8,645 of 14,596
I've been meaning to compare amp 12, that I've been using recently, with the amp 11 mk1. What is the fastest way to swap? I can leave them unscrewed I guess, but I suppose a shutdown is required before changing the amps, right?

Oct 27, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #8,646 of 14,596
I spent a full day today with AMP11mk2. Why was I so deaf before and did not notice the advantages of this amplifier? My favorite genre of classic rock 70-80s looks much better and more musical! And the bass is much larger and deeper on electronic genres than the AMP12. Now I will spend more time on 11mk2. It looks like I made a mistake that I practically did not listen to 11mk2 :)
I’m v happy with AMP11mk2, it’s great for my music preferences. Based on what I’ve read about the other AMPs, I’ve no wish to change the current one out 😌

Oct 27, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #8,647 of 14,596
hahaha.. know that feelin...
lucky for me got the chance to exp AMP11mk2...

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #8,648 of 14,596
I've been meaning to compare amp 12, that I've been using recently, with the amp 11 mk1. What is the fastest way to swap? I can leave them unscrewed I guess, but I suppose a shutdown is required before changing the amps, right?

Yes, recommended to shutdown DAP. I had volume problems on the DX220 after “hot” swapping amps.

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #8,649 of 14,596
I wish I could feel the same:) actually the first time i purchased the amp12, i wasnt impressed as much. It was dull in comparison to the amp11.2. but it had better control overall. I sent it back. After a while i started missing it and purchased it again and from that moment there was no coming back to the stock one. I'm still swapping them at times but i end up with the 12 after a couple minutes. Maybe it's the synergy with my dynamic ieams.

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #8,650 of 14,596
It's great to be able to settle on the best solution. A couple of questions: Is this a PO-to-PO comparison? I only use my amp12 LO and, even then, didn't make a critical comparison to the amp11, having liked what I read about amp12 LO design improvements ("true" Line Out). In fact, I don't recall what others have said about comparing amp11 PO to amp12 PO. Also -- and some might want to know this -- did you burn in either card ? (Not saying you should!) :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #8,651 of 14,596
The AK sp1kM came today and did an initial comparisons with the dx312. At the moment i like the dx312 more. The AK has very elevated highs a lot of details. The dx312 has same amount of details but it's less aggressive. Stage width is very very similar but the main difference is in stage depth which is way deeper on the dx312. The sounds play from a nice distance where on the AK they are almost on my forehead. Separation and instrument placement is on the same level on my iems. More impressions to come.

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #8,652 of 14,596
The AK sp1kM came today and did an initial comparisons with the dx312. At the moment i like the dx312 more. The AK has very elevated highs a lot of details. The dx312 has same amount of details but it's less aggressive. Stage width is very very similar but the main difference is in stage depth which is way deeper on the dx312. The sounds play from a nice distance where on the AK they are almost on my forehead. Separation and instrument placement is on the same level on my iems. More impressions to come.
The stages width is very impressive on all AK devices and especially the flagship SP2K. Even the depth is impressive. I always give credits to AK for that department alone. However, by thinning out the timbres, with faster transient responds, and cut away sub bass extensions and textures. That is not an authentic soundstage in my own opinions. Coming from someone who modify and play around with many stuff, I would call AK stuff to be “artificial” because they applied those little “cheating” in order to gain those impressive staging.

Don’t believe me ? Pay attentions at music liquidity, the connections, the flow, the transients, and especially the timbres. It is not natural at all!!

But, we all have our preferences, like coffee. Not all of us can drink dark and bland coffee without sugar or sweetener, and neither of us are not real coffee lovers, because we all want 1-2 cups a day!!!

Needless to mention that both Ibasso and AK are aiming for similar signatures, very neutral

The only player/DAP that I have seen/heard, to have offered the best of everything for a portable player, the transients (fast but not artificial), the textures (vivid and sharp but yet smooth and liquid), the fidelity (vivid and decisive ), the tonal body density (thick enough to still render the instruments house resonances accurately), the sub bass (plenty when called upon, but yet so clean and defined), the mid (fluidly and filled with emotions, yet so fine and detailed while being musical, an almost perfect balanced), the trebles (so sharp, defined, extending to infinity, excellent resonances and sparkling, yet no hint of sibilants)…. Lo and Be Hold , the DX300Max Titanium. I have not heard anything better than this little monster for any Portable devices. Yes, it doesn’t have everything, for example, the soundstage is still behind the M30 and DMP Z1, but the balances, details, finesses, extensions, textures, it could have outperform them at places with the right circumstances and things considering.

Now, this is the reason why I went so far ahead and built an expensive end game desktop amplifier for this little champion of mine, the 3MTi!!! Simply put, the only way to get better for my full-size HD800s is a powerful and correct topologies of amplifications SET-DHT amplifier….and before I realized it, my 3MTi has attracted me back into desktop game again…..the exception this time around is that I have no regret . Coincidentally, I can also confirm that DX312 and LO also have a very respectable performances , once more

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #8,653 of 14,596
hey all,

Had the dx300 for about 2 weeks now. In general, I think it's pretty solid. Drives my Sundaras better than the M11 (m11 ends up with some bass distortion on the Sundaras, but drives my IER Z1R just fine). However, I noticed the battery already seems to be depleting faster, which was my concern with a DAP vs something like the diablo/micro signature with my phone. Has anyone else noticed only getting about 8 hours on it? I have it on high gain with wifi and BT off. It seemed to get more battery at the beginning. Considering returning it and going with Ifi Micro idsd Signature and a TCL phone for screen for better. Seems like a better future proofing approach, although having a single item vs 2 is a bit simpler obviously. I already did a diablo vs dx300 comparison, and ultimately couldn't tell much difference. Diablo was slightly more resolving I would say. I would also add that DX300 doesn't play well with Power Amp, unfortunately, not does it take advantage of upscaling in Hiby Music.

Thanks all

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #8,654 of 14,596
I am using the dx300 as a dac with my Burson Soloist 3xp. Should I have my dx300 on high gain and the volume maxed out to get the full 4.1Vrms?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-150533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-150533_Chrome.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 28, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #8,655 of 14,596
on dx312, the LO port is pretty much inaudible (at lower volume e.g. 20) with my CA Solaris 2020, until I turn it up to about to about 75. On PO it loud on low volume (20) but a big hiss..

is this what everyone else is also finding?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back