iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 13, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #7,516 of 14,593
Not an easy genre, Metal. Mixes tend to be bright themselves, cymbals often distorted. Listening to Gojira / From Mars To Sirius right now, seems ok. :sweat_smile:
It depends, but most of the time they would be as you described due to the quality of the player or DAC/DAP and even digital transports. When done right, Metal can be very enjoyable and realistic. At least, Dx312 is enjoyable with my stuff, 800S, 800S anniversary, EX1K, Z1R

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #7,517 of 14,593
Your stuff is usually too intense for me in the lower treble. :smile_cat:

Do you listen to EX1K stock ?

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #7,518 of 14,593
Not an easy genre, Metal. Mixes tend to be bright themselves, cymbals often distorted. Listening to Gojira / From Mars To Sirius right now, seems ok. :sweat_smile:
True, that. One must also factor in the quality of the recording, which more often than not is not above CD level, as the modern stuff is hard to find on hi-res streaming sites. Gojira, nice!

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #7,519 of 14,593
Today i tried high gain with my xelento and the amp11.2. At around 35 vol is already enough. No hissing detected. This is actually a separation heaven. High gain gives the biggest stage with tons of air between instruments. The sound is still smooth and the vocals are perfectly positioned. Didn't like the Medium gain- vocals were shouty. Low gain is great too but smoother with less dynamics of course. On high gain im getting almost 360 degree soundstage. It's like surround system.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #7,520 of 14,593
20210710_081824.jpg
20210710_070418.jpg

Still going back to portable AMP again... lol...

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #7,521 of 14,593
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #7,523 of 14,593
my dx300 kept crashing to the point it would only play for a few mins before it got into a reboot cycle, this is only evident when streaming with Apple Music and Amazon HD. I haven't tried any other streaming services.

It started off as occasional and then became every few mins. This is hugely disappointing as someone who has upgraded from the dx220ex fan which had no issues. I'm now forced to use Mango OS player with no streaming services which is pretty useless to me as I have no off-line collection.

Can anybody else confirm any reported issues with Streaming ? is mine a bad apple which i'm now forced to return ?
@Paul - iBasso any other reported issue with these services ?.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #7,524 of 14,593
CM200TI is great for earsbud, and it isn’t the In ears kind. But whoever love earbuds should really check it out. It is dead neutral and natural, and in a senses that it needs something powerful like Dx220MAX or Dx312 to bring the out the juices and dynamic

It can’t compare to a Recabled MX985 in the slam and bass departments though. But it is a worthy buds to consider 7F2E08C5-732A-4AD1-84E5-4D2596277BFF.jpeg

Jul 13, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #7,525 of 14,593
So, for files up to 24/48, should it make no difference if I use Roon or, say, UAPP?
I haven't try UAPP with DX300, or any other music player app, I always use Mango OS. Installing roon just out of curiosity how well it'll run on DX300.

Jul 13, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #7,526 of 14,593
So, for files up to 24/48, should it make no difference if I use Roon or, say, UAPP?
If you are talking sound-wise, then if they are both bit-perfect it will not matter. AFAIK Roon doesn't add any DSP, and I know UAPP doesn't when you have it set to bit-perfect.
Today i tried high gain with my xelento and the amp11.2. At around 35 vol is already enough. No hissing detected. This is actually a separation heaven. High gain gives the biggest stage with tons of air between instruments. The sound is still smooth and the vocals are perfectly positioned. Didn't like the Medium gain- vocals were shouty. Low gain is great too but smoother with less dynamics of course. On high gain im getting almost 360 degree soundstage. It's like surround system.
Since finding out that high gain doesn't drain the battery as much as I previously thought it would, I just leave it in high gain all the time. I don't have anything sensitive enough to make any sounds. My T800 are 9ohms, but the the sensitivity is only 90dB.
my dx300 kept crashing to the point it would only play for a few mins before it got into a reboot cycle, this is only evident when streaming with Apple Music and Amazon HD. I haven't tried any other streaming services.

It started off as occasional and then became every few mins. After 2-3 weeks at advancedMp3 (who have been excellent btw) have been in contact with ibassio who have confirmed it won't be covered under warranty as these are 3rd partly apps and not their issue. @Paul - iBasso This is hugely disappointing as someone who has upgraded from the dx220ex fan which had no issues. I'm now forced to use Mango OS player with no streaming services which is pretty useless to me as I have no off-line collection.

Can anybody else confirm any reported issues with Streaming ? is mine a bad apple which i'm now forced to return (which advancedMP3 have been kind enough to offer) ?
When I first got my DX300, I had a similar issue with the Amazon Music app. The system would not reboot, but the app kept crashing to desktop. I uninstalled it and installed the version that is on APK Pure, and has worked ever since. I don't know if it is something like that.

I would try (hard) resetting back to factory, and maybe even clearing the cache, and don't install any apps, test it, install one app, test it, etc... I can sort of see iBasso's point on this, as it is more than likely a software issue (and not even theirs), not a hardware issue. If all that fails, and AdvancedMP3 has offered for you to return it, then I would take advantage of that.

Jul 13, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #7,527 of 14,593
Is it that? Or is it that Roon specifically calls for the android stack and can't be bypassed. That would mean it is limited to 24/48. AFAIK the latest A&K FW updates are making them "Roon Certified" as a Roon endpoint, apparently bypassing the android limitation. I think they are the only ones with a DAP that can do that ATM. It was my assumption that any android device could be used as and endpoint, just that the sound files were resampled.
No?

Screenshot_20210713-172052[1].png

Jul 13, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #7,528 of 14,593
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #7,529 of 14,593
Jul 13, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #7,530 of 14,593
When I first got my DX300, I had a similar issue with the Amazon Music app. The system would not reboot, but the app kept crashing to desktop. I uninstalled it and installed the version that is on APK Pure, and has worked ever since. I don't know if it is something like that.

I would try (hard) resetting back to factory, and maybe even clearing the cache, and don't install any apps, test it, install one app, test it, etc... I can sort of see iBasso's point on this, as it is more than likely a software issue (and not even theirs), not a hardware issue. If all that fails, and AdvancedMP3 has offered for you to return it, then I would take advantage of that.

I agree but the fact that Apple Music causes exact same issue make me more suspicious it’s h/W especially as it’s a hard crash. I tried factory reset and reinstall and same issue.

On a related but side note when I tried to restore firmware using local file after the player starts a restores it comes to an end and does a sort of weird reboot without a device restore etc. I had to factory reset the device to have a fresh installation . Is that normal ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back