iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jul 7, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #7,246 of 14,609
Do you know of any good buds that can be better with upgraded cables ? Sennheiser has stopped these amazing buds

Also, the red and blue foam, do you know if there are soft silicon kinds ?
The ones I ordered last night are supposedly better with better cable, but IDK yet for sure. As for foams, I saw that the Smabat W2Pro come with foams, hollowed middle foams, and silicone cover. Beyond that, I am still learning the different brands and kinds.....

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #7,247 of 14,609
From what we know about the way the LO works on the DX300 Amp11MKII, I want to say that the coax out is probably the cleanest output. Technically they (LO and coax) both bypass the amp section, so should be very clean options. As for more powerful, remember that you are bypassing the amp section when outputting to another AMP, so it isn't about power. It's more about the connection that more accurately transports the signal without introducing any noise.

The PO is another story. It DOES use the amp card, and the 3.5mm has less power available to power higher impedance/harder to drive headphones than the 4.4mm and 2.5mm jacks (they both have the same power outputs of 1200mW @32Ohms). Plus they are both balanced outputs, whereas the 3.5mm jack is single ended.

Don't worry about asking questions; how else can you learn? Reading a stuffy, lengthy article can get pretty boring, and you may not get your questions answered. There are many fine folks on here that don't mind helping at all, and I find interacting with others helps me learn better than reading articles. Though reading articles is a great way to supplement the conversations you might have with people about the subject.
Thanks a lot! That clears everything up and makes total sense.

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #7,248 of 14,609
Can't you just download it from their site? I tried looking for it, but it appears, and for some reason, my account has been suspended on the site... :frowning2:
Mine is suspended too. Weird

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #7,249 of 14,609
Do you know of any good buds that can be better with upgraded cables ? Sennheiser has stopped these amazing buds

Also, the red and blue foam, do you know if there are soft silicon kinds ?
Found some silicone bud tips on Aliexpress HERE

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #7,250 of 14,609
Thanks, my initial google playstore failed to have hiby. Now I am able to install it. My galaxy phone now can control my dx300. This is useful for LO mode. The original music enhancement feature did not work though.

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #7,251 of 14,609
Dunu.jpg

I received this little guys last week and I can say it's pure pleasure with AMP12 :ksc75smile:
Small outside but BIG inside!!! Soundstage is really awesome, clarity and details are fabs! Wonderful bass after some parametric equalization. On top of that, comfort is excellent, I just forget the buds in my ears... Really one of my best buy ever with the DX300 of course :smiley:
Cheers

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #7,252 of 14,609
Dunu.jpg
I received this little guys last week and I can say it's pure pleasure with AMP12 :ksc75smile:
Small outside but BIG inside!!! Soundstage is really awesome, clarity and details are fabs! Wonderful bass after some parametric equalization. On top of that, comfort is excellent, I just forget the buds in my ears... Really one of my best buy ever with the DX300 of course :smiley:
Cheers
I haven't heard the Luna, but I have the DK2001, and I have to say that Dunu makes some of the most comfortable IEMs I have ever put into my ears... Congrats on your new IEMs. Which of the modular cables does that come with? The Blanche?

Jul 7, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #7,253 of 14,609
I haven't heard the Luna, but I have the DK2001, and I have to say that Dunu makes some of the most comfortable IEMs I have ever put into my ears... Congrats on your new IEMs. Which of the modular cables does that come with? The Blanche?
Nope, the guy who sold me the Luna was selling the Dunu Blanche too but the pack was a little bit too expensive for me 😅. He told me that it was great pairing with Luna...
I've seen somewhere that the default cable was the noble cable but it don't look like it. Description on Dunu site : CABLE MATERIAL: Mixed Strands of Furukawa Electric Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) Copper & DHC Silver, with Silver-Plated OCC Copper Shield Surround. Honestly it sound really good, one day I'll give a try to the Blanche if I find it at a good price.

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #7,254 of 14,609
I can second the Luna scales amazing with the Amp12 module.

Luna is one of the iems that does better with the amp12 over the tube sounding amp11.

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #7,255 of 14,609
Thanks for the rec! Got a link? I can't seem to find those particular ones.
Apologies... I went for a hunt and I can't seem to find an online link anymore either. I actually bought mine at a local audio store, but I found the Primitive and other models online before. It's a shame. I like the non-central stalk which makes it fit very securely in the ears with the wires down.

I can also recommend the Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis. They don't fit as securely as the ShoonTH so I use over ear cables with them. They are less bassy than the ShoonTH, but I get satisfactory lower end (for buds) with a hybrid cu/silver cable. Mids and upper end very pleasant. No sibilance. Good detail and great soundstage.

You should find these easily in Aliexpress

20210708_005651.jpg

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #7,256 of 14,609
Apologies... I went for a hunt and I can't seem to find an online link anymore either. I actually bought mine at a local audio store, but I found the Primitive and other models online before. It's a shame. I like the non-central stalk which makes it fit very securely in the ears with the wires down.

I can also recommend the Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis. They don't fit as securely as the ShoonTH so I use over ear cables with them. They are less bassy than the ShoonTH, but I get satisfactory lower end (for buds) with a hybrid cu/silver cable. Mids and upper end very pleasant. No sibilance. Good detail and great soundstage.

You should find these easily in Aliexpress

20210708_005651.jpg
No worries, it got me a good start of where to look.

Those do look nice! In the end I decided to go with THESE. The gold 150Ohm ones, and THESE. I have read good things about both, but let's face it, everything sounds good on the DX300... LOL

BTW! In case anyone thinks they have done something wrong because visiting www.ibasso.com brings up "account suspended", you haven't. It is happening to everyone it seems (I have seen it here and on the DX160 thread too). Not sure if they forgot to pay the bill on their domain or something like that?! :)

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #7,257 of 14,609
I can second the Luna scales amazing with the Amp12 module.

Luna is one of the iems that does better with the amp12 over the tube sounding amp11.
What other IEMs go well with the AMP12? I have the following to choose from but am undecided which is "best": Dunu Zen, 64Audio Trio, Unique Melody Mason V3+, Vision Ears Elysium, EE Hero

Jul 7, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #7,258 of 14,609
What other IEMs go well with the AMP12? I have the following to choose from but am undecided which is "best": Dunu Zen, 64Audio Trio, Unique Melody Mason V3+, Vision Ears Elysium, EE Hero

EE Odin go really well with AMP12 compared to AMP11 MKII. At first I was pairing AMP12 with Sultan Damascus, not good, Sultan sound way better with AMP11 MKIi. For Odin I've found the opposite, Odin sound fantastic with AMP12, so clean and spacious. AMP12 smooth out the Odin making it non-fatiguing listening.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #7,259 of 14,609
Does anyone have a copy of the 1.02 firmware? Like a dummy, I deleted it. I'm not happy with the 1.03 firmware at all and hope iBasso polishes it a little more before releasing it worldwide. The playlist creation, import, and export still swap tracks randomly in Mango OS AND for some silly reason, there isn't anyway to turn off the indicator light when playing in Mango OS. No problem with turning it off in Android, but in Mango OS, the switch has disappeared. As someone else noted, I do hear a little difference in the sound but that may be because the filter setting in Mango OS got changed during the update (I won't lie, it could have been me and bad memory). Things have become less stable, thus the request for the old (more stable...for me at least) version. Thanks!
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends
Did you try the link from Paul in the very first post? It looks to be the version you are looking for...

If that doesn't work try shooting Paul an email - he responds to those super promptly!

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back